• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rows comparison?

Upright rows are shoulder suicide.

Meh don't be a pussy

You can go wider if you have any shoulder pain or pull them only up to the top of your chest. Or leave them out all together... I would never keep doing an exercise that caused me pain. I'd just find another.

Shouldn't be an issue for a young rugby player, just a old farts.

Last edited:
Meh don't be a pussy

You can go wider if you have any shoulder pain or pull them only up to the top of your chest. Or leave them out all together... I would never keep doing an exercise that caused me pain. I'd just find another.

Shouldn't be an issue for a young rugby player, just a old farts.

Yeah I loved em till I fucked my shoulder.

Whenever I do upright rows (although it's been years since I've consistently done them), I only pull the bar up to nipple level, getting my elbows parallel to my shoulders. That's always been sufficient to get my medial delts working without my shoulders complaining, and I find it easier on my shoulders than lateral raises.

just change them around every few weeks.

barbell rows
machine rows
seated rows

i have no choice really but to. i find that i lose the feel of the exercise after about 3 weeks and then when i change them up stella gets the groove back :)

If one did fb 3 x weekly then those three exercises can be included altogether.

I've been squatting for twenty years straight the only thing I change are the sets and rep's.

Underhand barbell rows from the floor. Call it pendlay whatever. Heavy sets of five. Say hello to a big back. Thick.

Dumbell rows bring more lats into the movement as generally you stretch out the range of motion.

Dont care for t-bar rows. Its generally an exercise for douchebags to throw a bunch of plates on an do some sort of 3 inch range of motion while standing almost upright achieving noting but a larger ego.

Underhand barbell rows from the floor. Call it pendlay whatever. Heavy sets of five. Say hello to a big back. Thick.

and chest supported rows laying on a bench and pulling to your upper chest.

Dont care for t-bar rows. Its generally an exercise for douchebags to throw a bunch of plates on an do some sort of 3 inch range of motion while standing almost upright achieving noting but a larger ego.

LOL! :D

Yep might just start doing heavy rows. Sounds more fun than anything else. Also i've been meaning to learn powercleans I wish it was that easy but I need to go back to PTC to learn them