• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

September Challenge

September Challenge Options

• Total voters
"Crunch Month"

Equipment needed: Just you!

7 exercises:
  • Floor Crunch (3 sets of 20)
  • Horizontal leg raise (3 sets of 15-20)
  • Hover/plank (till failure? Or 3 mins)
  • Air bike (3 sets of 15-20)
  • Floor toe reach (3 sets of 15)
  • Side plank (45 seconds)
  • Tripod hover/plank (3 mins)

Example reps/set listed in brackets.

You can do these alongside your current workouts, so it doesn't have to be daily, as long as you get them all in each week. Or do 1 a day and cycle through them weekly. I listed 7 specifically for this reason.

Add more reps/sets/variations as needed, as the month progresses.

Feel free to do extra as well, you might aim to do them all twice a week, depending on your current level.

Crunch Month has some flexibility and no need for "catching up" for missed days - just get your weekly load done however best suits you.

"Crunch Month"

Equipment needed: Just you!

7 exercises:
  • Floor Crunch (3 sets of 20)
  • Horizontal leg raise (3 sets of 15-20)
  • Hover/plank (till failure? Or 3 mins)
  • Air bike (3 sets of 15-20)
  • Floor toe reach (3 sets of 15)
  • Side plank (45 seconds)
  • Tripod hover/plank (3 mins)

Example reps/set listed in brackets.

You can do these alongside your current workouts, so it doesn't have to be daily, as long as you get them all in each week. Or do 1 a day and cycle through them weekly. I listed 7 specifically for this reason.

Add more reps/sets/variations as needed, as the month progresses.

Feel free to do extra as well, you might aim to do them all twice a week, depending on your current level.

Crunch Month has some flexibility and no need for "catching up" for missed days - just get your weekly load done however best suits you.

Is that enough crunches , leg raises and air bike in there though ?
unless thats just the warm up.
Will try this tomorrow morning.

Been doing crunches , leg raises , air bike and pushups morning and night.
Up to 150 on crunches and 4 sets of 25 on leg raises.
Air bike for two minutes.

Is that enough crunches , leg raises and air bike in there though ?
unless thats just the warm up.
Will try this tomorrow morning.

Been doing crunches , leg raises , air bike and pushups morning and night.
Up to 150 on crunches and 4 sets of 25 on leg raises.
Air bike for two minutes.

Not sure mate - as I mentioned though, if you're already quite strong in some of these, make them twice a week or even daily, and add extra sets and reps.

I haven't done much in the way of abs, that's the whole idea of posting it. If it's too easy I'll notice pretty quick and adjust my volume?

I kinda lost touch with those other challenge threads. Is there an ultimate objective to this, or a winner or any sort of competition? Or is it just a daily group diary...just for fun??

so is this a challenge where you have to do it every day? If so, will that be effective for hypertrophy or strength conditioning without sufficient rest period?

so is this a challenge where you have to do it every day? If so, will that be effective for hypertrophy or strength conditioning without sufficient rest period?

Muscle protein synthesis increases rapidly 24 hours after resistance training, more than double at 24 hours. Then declines rapidly by the point at 36 hours it has almost returned to baseline. So not idea for hypertrophy no.

Muscle protein synthesis increases rapidly 24 hours after resistance training, more than double at 24 hours. Then declines rapidly by the point at 36 hours it has almost returned to baseline. So not idea for hypertrophy no.

The type of restistance training that is completed will determine the rate of protein synthesis not just some blanketed timeframe. The rate of protein degradation is a function of the rate of protein catabolism and mechanical work performed. So if the the resistance is near maximal but fewer reps are done there is minimal protein degradation, the same is true for high reps and low weights (<30%1RM).

Pendlays or Pullups would be fun everyday, but it doesnt look like its going to edge out Crunch month haha

The type of restistance training that is completed will determine the rate of protein synthesis not just some blanketed timeframe. The rate of protein degradation is a function of the rate of protein catabolism and mechanical work performed. So if the the resistance is near maximal but fewer reps are done there is minimal protein degradation, the same is true for high reps and low weights (<30%1RM).

link study pls