• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

starting my cut, Question about the keto diet.

sorry to hjiack thechosenone, but i didn't want to start another thread for my diet.
Hows it looking? Not really keto, just low carbs high fat and protein.

whats your weight and BF% (if known).
I base my clients keto macros off LBM. Not bodyweight.

Diet looks good.. Throw in veges in there like broccoli to make up the carbs as well it wont break you out of keto.
2g carbs per 28g cooked broccoli.

Stick to 50g and under for carbs as sometimes u find yourself eating out and u have to play russian roullete which could take u over anyway.
Beng on keto means u generally are a hermit for a while or u take tupperware with u everywhere.

Last edited:
whats your weight and BF% (if known).
I base my clients keto macros off LBM. Not bodyweight.

Diet looks good.. Throw in veges in there like broccoli to make up the carbs as well it wont break you out of keto. The added nutrients will do u good.

2g carbs per 28g cooked broccoli.

Stick to 50g and under for carbs as sometimes u find yourself eating out and u have to play russian roullete which could take u over anyway.
Beng on keto means u generally are a hermit for a while or u take tupperware with u everywhere.

weight is 80.7kg, bodyfat unknown, estimated at 15-17%.

wouldnt you have a pretty hard time reaching ketosis on 100g carbs?
No. Ketosis is happening at 100 grams or less. While the 'depth' of ketosis is dertermined by the amount of carbohydrates consumed/glucose available, it is still ketosis :)

Ketosis is no 'special' zone for the body to run in etc. While personally I function better in what could be classed at a 'keto' based dietary intake, that is not the case for all people. Not to mention exercise performance can be effected negatively. That is where regular 'carb' loads are required, but not only purely for exercise but also certain hormonal function (leptin for one) and adequate overall metabolic function.