• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sticky in 2013

Yep, still running CBL.

It's a lifestyle now.

My wife and I both run it, and she is leaning up quite well unfortunately.

Will you be carbing up after weigh in?

Edit: What a dumb question. How will you be eating leading up to competing, after weigh in?

I won't be "competing" with this gaping big hole in my chest...... I will be lifting though.

My eating will stay the same up infill the morning of comp, where I will add in a few hundred grams if carbs pre-comp

Sounds painfull, how did you do that? My guess is it would feel like someone shot you, anything visible?

Benching.

Didn't hurt at the time, but 3 hours later I was completely fucked.
My wife had to wash me for 3 days because I couldn't adduct my arm at all.

Its healing up very well though.

Do you need surgery?

I met with a surgeon last week, surgery is possible, but being through the muscle belly and not the attachment points, the success rate is very low so we decided against it.

Besides pain, was there swelling/bruising and did it come up later as well?

Huge swelling, i had a very hard lump about the size of a golf ball on the outside of my pec. No busing which surprised all the doctors/physio.

I met with the physio today, he is astounded with the rate this is healing, he wants me to bench 80x3 tonight close grip. Then next weeks 100 for doubles, and 40kg at comp grip for triples, 2x a week.

Poor buggar!!! Two mates of mine have had total pec tears and the surgery. It's like a knee recon for your chest!! If you can do without surgery, that's good.
All the best with recovery mate