• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Cheers guys, looking back now I prob should have went 227.5kg and got it over and done with. 6 weeks and I'll have a crack.

I know this may sound pretty poor to everyone else but I hit 65kg on my squat today for 8. I think this is pretty good as I know had my form corrected a month ago and was stuck on 40kg for over a yr trying fix my form so im pretty stoked

Mate take a bit of pride in your lifting. 65kg is a HUGE improvement on 40kg. Effectively you've just increased your lift by over 50% which is massive. You should be stoked. Well done.

I know this may sound pretty poor to everyone else but I hit 65kg on my squat today for 8. I think this is pretty good as I know had my form corrected a month ago and was stuck on 40kg for over a yr trying fix my form so im pretty stoked

Agree with mackie. Dont ever down play your acheivements in the weight room. Play em up if anything! Stand proud, and use it for motivation.

Tim.

Thanks guys. Hopefully they get up to a point i might even try n compete

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

If you want to compete...then compete.

You will never be strong enough if you wait.
60x8 will already give you 85-90. If you think that will be the lowest in a local novice...it wont be.

I have a mate. Jack. Squatted 120, benched 85, deadlifted 140 at nationals this year. Weighed 75. Easily last. Gave no fuck. Was proud as punch! And so was I! That was his 3rd comp! So he basically started like 4 weeks after he picked up a bar!

Tim.

yep, just have a crack!

BW squat for reps challenge. 85kgx55 at 84kg high bar. Equal PB but high bar and no belt this time. Significantly harder high bar for me.

220kg sumo deadlift today! I never train sumo and I was very surprised. Last time I tried sumo, years ago, they felt really awkward but they felt great today. If I can work on my hip mobility a bit and actually train the lift then I think I can be much stronger pulling sumo.

I have a mate. Jack. Squatted 120, benched 85, deadlifted 140 at nationals this year. Weighed 75. Easily last. Gave no fuck. Was proud as punch! And so was I! That was his 3rd comp! So he basically started like 4 weeks after he picked up a bar!

Tim.

That squat and bench will roughly be what KFG takes if he takes the plunge at the novice comp coming up.... Them feels. At least than l'll have some comp maxes to go on though after that.

That squat and bench will roughly be what KFG takes if he takes the plunge at the novice comp coming up.... Them feels. At least than l'll have some comp maxes to go on though after that.

Do it mate, I'll be there...for my size, my numbers are shit but I like the atmosphere!

Youre going to the july comp? Fuck yeah. Are you working out your openers yourself?

Yep I'm competing, just need to stay injury free for a couple more weeks!! Lol
I'm not sure who better to work out my openers than me, since I'm the one lifting it.

Dam good depth going on there

I've decided to upload my first 190 dl from two weeks back
The music is absolutely awful for the lift approaching
[MENTION=14860]Mackie[/MENTION]; [MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION]; @kfg; continuing our conversation of power in parts of the movement, have a geez at where the power comes in for me with my old style
Hard as fuck off the ground... Then it's just an easy hump

Do you guys attribute your speed off the ground to dead stop deads solely, or anything extra to work on there?

[Video=Youtube;gD441TCkhyc]youtube.com/gD441TCkhyc[/video]

P.S no thumbs crew.. had to change that too

Last edited:
Poor guy, you look like me. l know that feel.....

Nice squats though.
I've gotten used to the fact that the only people who'll ever find my physique impressive are people who don't lift. I'm content to ride out relative strength, and if I gain any muscle in the process, it's an added bonus.

Thanks.

Have never felt I needed them with over under grip and preferred them outta the way
Def not double grip... I can't hold anything more than 140 like that. Just rolls out