• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I remember a while back you were asking on here about ways to convince the gym owner to upgrade the equipment and make it more powerlifting friendly. Cool to see they actually did it!

190kg + 25kg chains in 2m wraps moving fairly easily
Did 195 + chains after, second rep was hard

Last edited:
Video of my lifts from the weekend.

Ended up going 9/9, 285 / 227.5 / 295.....totalling 807.5kg @ 107kg, 42.5kg comp pb. Squats didn't go to plan, just wasn't feeling it on the day so we scaled back my 2nd and 3rd attempts taking 285kg for a 3rd and also injured my knee.

Knee gave me grief the rest of the day so couldn't use much leg drive (if any) on the bench and punched out a hard 227.5kg for a 3rd.

Wasn't sure how deadlifts were going to go with the knee but didn't seem to effect it. Scaled them up slightly to have a crack at breaking 800kg on my 2nd dead. Very close to passing out as I miss timed my breathing but still got it. Came back for a 3rd and pulled 295kg to total 807.5kg for the day giving me 6th place out of a field of 15 of Australia's best 110kg lifters.

I saw the DL on Sunday. Gotta be happy with that PR! Better update your sig there.....road to 250 bench?

Highbar squat PB last week of 165x1. (Actually did it a few sessions prior but this time it was easy). Also 160x2 easy enough.
Fast catching up to my all time RAW squat of 172.5kg. Still no low bar for me for a while i think. Traditionally my low bar has been around 15kg heavier than my high bar, so hopefully it carries over well when i can get back to LB...really wanna put 200kg on my back without wraps in the first half of next year.

Set a new 5RM for my Deadlift @ 190kg. Probably could have had it a while back with more linear programming, but that's life. Triples upward of 200 is the next stop.

Just competed in a PA comp in wollongong.
Pb comp raw squat (high bar mind you also...) 172.5.
Pb comp bench also. 130kg.
And a pb raw total of 537.5 haha.
Happy considering the trouble ive had with my back. It felt good on deadlift up to 235kg too...so its coming good, so all good.

Good job in comp, Timeah.

This morning, after a week off from sickness, I got a PB bench press of 3x5x87.5kg. 105kg for the nationals qualifier is looking promising.

Good work fellers

Surprised I am hitting 'PB' numbers in terms of worksets, 9 weeks after severing a hand tendon

5x5 close grip bench at 100kg

Once I'm able to bench normal grip, I think I will be stronger than ever

Just competed in a PA comp in wollongong.
Pb comp raw squat (high bar mind you also...) 172.5.
Pb comp bench also. 130kg.
And a pb raw total of 537.5 haha.
Happy considering the trouble ive had with my back. It felt good on deadlift up to 235kg too...so its coming good, so all good.
What weight class did you compete in?

Thanks guys. Pretty happy with it considering how long I've been training.
Just got to bring squat up to standard and I'll be happy.