• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The perfect nutritious meal? (natural foods)

Mark M

I am a very lazy person when it comes to food and eating. It would be my biggest weakness when it comes to health. I often skip meals because I'm not hungry or can't be bothered even though I am fully aware it has negative effects on my training.

So i was having a discussion with a mate about nutrition. More specifically about "the perfect meal". Something that is nutritious and easy.

If there was one meal you had to live off that supplied everything what would it be?

meat/veg/fruit/other

Super Supreme pizza would have all the meat and vegies I'd need.

Being serious though and from a training perspective if it had to be just one I'd go for raw salmon. Apart from its nutritional value I love the taste.

at the moment my lazy meals tend to be chicken breast on the frypan, sweet potato and some spinach in the microwave. when i am feeling adventurous i sprinkle paprika on the sweet potato lol

Woolworths:
- 300 grams of shaved supreme chicken breast
- A multigrain bun
- 3 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 pieces of fruit

This meal has saved me a few times.

The perfect nutritious meal? (natural foods)
There is not one perfect meal but there is a variety of meals that would go towards meeting your body's nutritional needs.

I have this as a main meal everyday:

A very large salad (1.25kg) made up of the following:

Lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach leaves, capsicum, 250g butter beans, 2tbsp cracked wheat, chopped parsley, herbs of your choice (oregano, basil etc.) lemon juice, 3-4 tbsp. olive oil.

Later on, a handful of walnuts and few dried figs.

As you can see, the above is very much base (alkaline) dominant with plenty of living enzymes.

The salad meal would keep you going for no less than 5 hours due to its effect on slow insulin release which results in blood sugar stability which helps to create a great mental clarity (no foggy mind here) coupled with a great mood.

You can also create your own green smoothies, which are made up of spinach leaves, kiwi fruit, avocado, 2-3 brazil nuts, clean water, 2g stevia for sweetness: delicious!

By the way, I'm a nutritarian with a twist.

Fadi.

Last edited:
1.25kg of salad! sounds like you're getting your 2 'n' 5 fadi..

my salads involve a plate full of uncut unwashed veges because i am that lazy.

but that green smoothy sound yum. have to give it a shot

1.25kg of salad! sounds like you're getting your 2 'n' 5 fadi..

my salads involve a plate full of uncut unwashed veges because i am that lazy.

but that green smoothy sound yum. have to give it a shot

Mark, the only way to cure your laziness is to overwhelm it with love...love of yourself that is. The more you truly love yourself the weaker laziness's hold would be on you. Give it a go; you've got nothing to lose and all to gain with this change of attitude.

All the best to you.

PS: Never underestimate Mark's worth or he'll make you pay for it sooner than you think!

Fadi.

Mark, the only way to cure your laziness is to overwhelm it with love...love of yourself that is. The more you truly love yourself the weaker laziness's hold would be on you. Give it a go; you've got nothing to lose and all to gain with this change of attitude.

All the best to you.

PS: Never underestimate Mark's worth or he'll make you pay for it sooner than you think!

Fadi.

Haha if you were too ask anyone close to me they'd say I love myself too much. But yeh i just need to remember fitness is also built in the kitchen not just the gym and bedroom. Some wise words Fadi.

cheers mate.

Mark