• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

This $hit is REAL!

I reckon 99% of lifters on here would have quit 3 times during that lift.

At least you guys will have a story to tell if Rory makes the NFL.

He is already GUARANTEED a full ride next year at a Div 1 college, is that worth around $200,000?

He leaves on Sunday for his 7 week camp in Florida

Back on topic fellas

Andy, that pic is awesome. We dont often see lifters out of the gym like that.

I wonder if anyone had the guts to say anyting lol

Andy, that pic is awesome. We dont often see lifters out of the gym like that.

I wonder if anyone had the guts to say anyting lol

Zyzz and supaturk would snap them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbBRCEx9WM4&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
I love how tossers like that guy in the video buy the smallest fucking tshirt to make them look so big. Everyone looks big a tshirt made for a 12 year old >.<

I love how tossers like that guy in the video buy the smallest fucking tshirt to make them look so big. Everyone looks big a tshirt made for a 12 year old >.<

2chq9d.jpg

Gongi, please dont watch ONE lift and ASSUME that every rep that kid does is like that.

You guys make out like nobody on the planet has ever performed a single rep with poor form.

And no I havent had a herniated lumbar disc, if you have maybe YOU should use better form when you lift big fella.

In lifting, there are no guarantees that you wont get injured using perfect form, and just as Rory showed, there are no guarantees that using more effort than form on ONE rep will result in an injury.

Nick on here has had more injuries than my entire client list, yet his form is perfect

yes i have had one and it was due to pulling like your client - let me tell you, it is a horrible thing to happen. it set me back years.

i have 'changed my ways' and haven't had a serious injury since.

nothing in this world is guaranteed, but if you lift with good form and use sensible programming, you reduce the risk of injury greatly.

Is all the outrage about the video posted in PTC ver 2.0? Because I don't see what the big deal is. It looked like a max effort lift and his form wasn't perfect. If your form is "perfect" on a max effort lift, it 'aint a max effort lift. Maybe people just don't push themselves enough?

This is coming from a guy with bone degeneration in his L2-L4, who's currently aiming for 235-240kg deadlift.

yes i have had one and it was due to pulling like your client - let me tell you, it is a horrible thing to happen. it set me back years.

i have 'changed my ways' and haven't had a serious injury since.

nothing in this world is guaranteed, but if you lift with good form and use sensible programming, you reduce the risk of injury greatly.

Mate, I agree 100% with you.

99% of lifters would have dumped that bar.

This kid simply wont quit, he is motivated by making it big in NFL.

He takes risks on the field, he took a risk with that lift.

I'm not an idiot, I know bad form, I also know effort.

Its just the commotion over 1 rep in the midst of thousands done every day in my gym.

100% perfect form 100% of the time would be great, not going to happen, just as 100% effort 100% of the time is seldom seen.

IA, not that video, it's been taken down, I think. Sure, 1RM lifts aren't pretty but that one was just dead scary to watch. It does look like a cat taking a shit like Oli put it. :p

I don't think it's ugly because he wouldn't quit. That'd mean he actually had good form during parts of the lift. It was ugly from the very start as he bent over to pick the bar up. He's strong & determined but seriously his form & technique is terrible.

Markos, I think some people have such a perception of PTC because all they see is you guys posting up videos of 1RMs, many being rather ugly (some of the recent ones have pretty bad hitching - indicative of weak hips?). Why don't you post up say max effort 3x5 training lifts sometimes? That should be more representative of how people train at PTC.

On a max lift yr weakest link goes first

If your back starts bending heavily it's to weak for that weight and needs to be strengthened.

I'm not talking about contest were a persons goal is to lift a one rm, but where a person is training to increase strength.

If a trainee realizes or understands the concept that the first rep of an exercise is the most dangerous and the last being least dangerous, then he greatly minimizes his risk of injuring himself.

We will never know if an athletes injury is a result of activity on the playing field or if its the exercises he does in the weight room.

Old mate "zyzz" went from about 50kg's to a ripped 95kg's in 3 years. I'm impressed, despite his bedroom behaviour lol

Markos, I think some people have such a perception of PTC because all they see is you guys posting up videos of 1RMs, many being rather ugly (some of the recent ones have pretty bad hitching - indicative of weak hips?). Why don't you post up say max effort 3x5 training lifts sometimes? That should be more representative of how people train at PTC.
Alternately, the people watching the vids could stop curling and doing crunches and educate themselves on what a max effort lift looks like.

If i dont see this vid im going to scream!

Also zyzzzorro reminds me of.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0tM_dsdHc0]YouTube - Synthol - chce?-li se stát idiotem[/ame]

Dancer, your messed up, you caught PA, a fucking disgusting disorder.

Kelly deadlifting 70kg more than you, in a comp, lighter, without a belt, is that the weak hips your talking about, or Max, 15kg lighter and much younger deadlifting to win a WC. Again, more weight than you. Want me to go on?

Please leave your PA ideals at the gym when you post here. Over 90% of my vids are NOT of PL, just regular joes lifting more than you.

What a fucking dumbass thing to say, weak hips, yeh 66 guys with weak hips have deadlifted more than you, hard to accept isnt it.

If you dont train at PTC, dont comment about stuff you dont know about, and I wont comment on your gym