• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

This $hit is REAL!

Not talking about Kelly & Max, I mean Harvey (the little Asian guy) and the other guy (forgot his name, Max's mate) and Britt's deadlifts that you posted up recently. Massive hitching, isn't that because of weak hips? If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Yeah I'm weak, I've been training for just a year, mostly without any coaching and was very physically inactive prior to that, for 26 years.

I don't know why you're being so aggressive and rude with that post. I meant well, I tried to say that you should post up the more representative training videos instead of just 1RMs, because people tend to misunderstand what you do at PTC when viewing those 1RM videos. I know PTC lifters train better than what those people think.

Anyway I'm done commenting on PTC stuff. You know, I've heard a lot of crap from you about PA, yet I've never heard a single bad word they say about you & your lifters. They may have their flaws but the petty name calling doesn't exist.

You are hyper sensitive and always take anything less than a glowing review about PTC as an insult. This is not the Markos I respected, going by the newsletters & various posts I've read.

And Kyle Aaron, please, that's a rather ignorant thing to say. I see plenty of max effort lifts at the powerlifting club I'm with, and they're done with very good form. I saw a lifter pulling 3.2xBW raw for 3x5 tonight, and when the last rep was a little grindy, he shook his head and said that was terrible. I also saw a 100kg guy pulling 265kg raw for 3x5 with perfect form and incredible speed. Is that good enough effort for you?

396466_main.jpg

Harvey, Britt etc are NOT PL, they just fucking pick up weights, who the fuck are you to criticize them.

Yeh, Britt has weak hips, a 20yo girl deadlifting 142.5kg.

I didnt read the rest of your post

Harvey, Britt etc are NOT PL, they just fucking pick up weights, who the fuck are you to criticize them.

Yeh, Britt has weak hips, a 20yo girl deadlifting 142.5kg.

I didnt read the rest of your post

sayittomahfacelol.gif

Are you guys serious? this thread is pointless.

Will Rory be playing firsts college football? Can't imagine it being easy to get into.

My roof .

Wouldn't mind coming for a session I'm weak and need motivation to be stronger.

How do the business men half squatting 45kg find you guys training lol
LOL so true, This gym is big and alot more tough guys in there, Mondays
im in alittle early about 4pm Mathew comes in after 6pm Deadlifts

Wednesday, Bench, Thursdays Squats We all in just after 6 come down
do you live far away?

Ramsgate area. College is in surry hills finish 530 Thursdays so will pop in one day after.
Ahh I miss fitnerss first lol

TS: Melbourne Uni PA gym. It is indeed a great place to train! The two lifters I mentioned are Nghiep Luu and Dave Jame.
Nghiep Luu and Dave Jame? wow! Nghiep Luu has got the 67s deadlift record @ 277.5kgs! what was he lifting last night? And Dave Jame
is a very exciting lifter!

I see plenty of max effort lifts at the powerlifting club I'm with, and they're done with very good form. I saw a lifter pulling 3.2xBW raw for 3x5 tonight, and when the last rep was a little grindy, he shook his head and said that was terrible. I also saw a 100kg guy pulling 265kg raw for 3x5 with perfect form and incredible speed. Is that good enough effort for you?
3x5 is not a "max effort" lift, that's 1x1.

The videos with the form you're so critical of are of single rep max effort attempts. Not 3x5. I don't doubt that Markos' Rory could have sterling form with a 3x5 effort, though like most of us the last one or two reps of the last set might be a bit rough.

Let's see your buddies doing 1RM attempts, you can put the vids up, we'll see how perfect their form is.

The absolute weight lifted isn't relevant to your point about form. The point is that it's a maximum effort for that individual. Whether that's with 30kg or 300kg, either way their form is likely to be poor. Form degrades as the person approaches their strength limits in a slow lift.

Taking it back to the OP, when you do a max effort in every session, you will end up fucking yourself up. The C&P guy is amusing to read, but if you follow his approach you'll get his results: injury.

The absolute weight lifted isn't relevant to your point about form. The point is that it's a maximum effort for that individual. Whether that's with 30kg or 300kg, either way their form is likely to be poor. Form degrades as the person approaches their strength limits in a slow lift.

There's a difference between a shaky bar path and a rounded back from the very start of the lift.

Max effort isn't the same as 1RM, Kyle. If you squat 1.5xBW for 20 reps, and you can't really add any more kg to the bar, is that not a max effort, despite you doing it for 20 reps instead of 1?

It's obvious that you have not seen many max effort lifts from lifters with good technique.

Here's one from Spritcha's other thread: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ha9lep3f0]YouTube - 2010 IPF World Championship Brad Gillingham 400 kg Deadlift[/ame]

That's a max effort 1RM with excellent form. Now he may be shaking but he definitely does not look like a cat taking a shit.

Sorry I don't have clips of Nghiep and Dave. Nghiep's lifts were done before YouTube got popular, and he only just got back to lifting for 2 cycles, I think. Wait till the next few PA comps, you'll find some clips of them lifting on PA's YouTube channel. Nghiep's WR 277.5kg deadlift at 67.5kg class was done raw and from the description I heard from people who witnessed, was a very fast lift (as far as record breaking lifts go). Not horribly degraded 1RM form that you seem to accept so easily as fact of life.

Totalstrength: Nghiep was pulling 225kg raw 3x5 last night.

Let's apply some logic and help markos convey what he's trying to say.

Let's also clear the murky waters of Poer lifting and exercise.

Injury is caused when a force is imposed upon a muscular structure or a joint to the degree that the force exceeds the breaking strength of the body part, that much is undeniable.

As a coach you can do very little or nothing to reduce the forces that will be imposed upon your athletes on the field, including PL strongman and such

But you certainly can increase the breaking strength of their muscles and joints.

EXERCISE will reduce the level of damage in many cases as well as preventing injury in many cases.

Bad form or style is the culprit in almost all cases and this usually involves sudden jerky movements.

Jerky movements greatly increase the forces imposed on the muscles and joints.

Don't confues EXERCISE with the sport of powerlifting.

A proper exercise program is designed to build strength, not exhibit it.