• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you think is the best way to build upper pecs?

What do you think is the best way to build upper pecs?

• Flat bench

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • incline bench

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • decline bench

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
So, what's your opinion?

Many people think incline presses help build the upper pecs. Others think that it's useless. Still others think that decline presses build the upper pecs.

So what do you think is the best way to build upper pecs?

I'd say incline bench for sure, too much inline though and its the front Delts which are getting the workout

There is not one exercise or angle that will have a big enough impact to make any difference at all.

I did incline exclusively for years with no results. Can't build muscle where there is no muscle fibre.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

Just bench press to build chest, upper lower chest is BS IMO, it's the 10% factor again, a decent bench will do 90%, while you can stuff around for another hour to get the extra 10%, once you are elite the 10% might be worth it. For most people the 90% will be plenty.

It's all about return for effort for me, minimal time spend for maximum gains, it's a fine balance to find, but spending time doing sets of 27 different chest exercises or just doing 5 sets of benches twice a week for 10 minutes.

With my schedule the 10 minutes get is for 90% results, not worth to me spending triple the time in the gym to get an extra 10% return.

In regards to overall chest development I dont really rate flat bench that highly - if you goal is strength then its a different story.

Flat first, shorter movement, move more weight.
Followed by incline, longer movement, fully sick pump.
I couldnt build upper pecks without getting the mass from flat first.

I am going to try DB flys a try and see if my upper pecs can get the fully sik pump too!

I've tried BB inclines, it seemed to build my shoulders more than anything else.

I'm gonna try the biggest bro exercise of all time. Cable crossovers. Every bro kunt does them but they all do them incorrectly.

Last edited: