• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's holding you back?

Yeah its a motivating thing for alt of people.
I have a 5 month old. Getting in 3-4 good sessions a week easy. Just need to be more organised really.

The only thing holding me back is myself and excuses, everyone is busy these days with work family etc etc, eating poorly is a choice you make, there is always some time to train even with work and family, these are the easy excuses most have, there are plenty of elite athletes out there with full time jobs and family as well yet still achieve their goals.

Time I can train, that's why I've switched to bodybuilding for a year as even though it's brutal from a diet perspective, I can do the work when time is available.

I figured to get better at powerlifting I would need to make some pretty significant life changes, and try to train at the only powerlifting gym in Hobart where the guys generally train early afternoon while I'm still at work.

I've had to make the realisation that a wife and two kids, along with a full time job doesn't lend itself to me being a top tier athlete, but doesn't mean I can't have decently powerful physique.

I think I respond better to powerlifting type workouts but the long set breaks cuts into life time too much sometimes. I am thinking of switching to brobuilding soon just to attend to my job / interests / other hobbies more. I've done a lot of 3-4 hour workouts lately.

Do any of you people claiming that you don't have enough time have kids?? Cause if you don't have kids there is plenty of time it's probably more your motivation that needs improving. I always thought I had no time and was too busy, but after having kids I realized the amount of time I that I wasted.
Oni you start training at 4:30! How much more time do you need. I start at 7:30 after I have worked and sorted the kids and house, you just need to time manage better that's all.

Oh the beauty of hindsight though. Since having two kids I two have realised how much valuable time I wasted in my 20s, never travelled or really got out of my comfort zone, now of course those opportunities won't be there for a very long time!!

Yeah good reasons not to have kids.

Finishing work at 4 and saying you don't have enough time. Lol. Good one.

I think I respond better to powerlifting type workouts but the long set breaks cuts into life time too much sometimes. I am thinking of switching to brobuilding soon just to attend to my job / interests / other hobbies more. I've done a lot of 3-4 hour workouts lately.

Wow you take a long time. I am on the same program and I am done in 1.5-2.5 hours including accessory work. If I had time to take 5-10 minute breaks between sets, I would be bringing a good book or work with me to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I have 2 kids and another on the way, plus a very busy/high stress job. It's all about organisation, finding time to fit in training (and these days, recovery) and having an understanding partner who realises training makes me a better person.

Wow you take a long time. I am on the same program and I am done in 1.5-2.5 hours including accessory work. If I had time to take 5-10 minute breaks between sets, I would be bringing a good book or work with me to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I'm also throwing in about 10-20 sets of other assistance of my own (side delts, rear delts, chin ups, biceps, reverse curls, etc)... And I always seem to need loads of stretching and warm ups for squats... If I just did prescribed stuff yeah 1-2 hrs.

I'm glad someone mentioned that a lack of time without kids isn't actually a lack of time. I've certainly used that excuse before but the more I think about it the more I realise I'm just being lazy. I think if you're committed to your goals then you will make time. Otherwise you're just being lazy.

Every morning I wake up at 4:45 and train. Early training is the only constant and I'm setting myself up to fail if I think I'll train when I get home after a 12hr day.
Otherwise a few niggly injuries and a whinging husband is all I contend with.

Every morning I wake up at 4:45 and train. Early training is the only constant and I'm setting myself up to fail if I think I'll train when I get home after a 12hr day.
Otherwise a few niggly injuries and a whinging husband is all I contend with.
When do you go to bed to be able to get up that early?!

When do you go to bed to be able to get up that early?!
I aim to be in bed by 8:30 - 9 at the latest. I used to turn my tv on before bed and set the timer, or play candy crush, but ive taken them out of the room so no disturbances.
Last night I slept from 8pm to 440 am, woke up beaming!!
I dont even use concealer under the eyes anymore, it's great when you get sleep!
Weekends I naturally wake up at 5am no alarm.

I aim to be in bed by 8:30 - 9 at the latest. I used to turn my tv on before bed and set the timer, or play candy crush, but ive taken them out of the room so no disturbances.
Last night I slept from 8pm to 440 am, woke up beaming!!
I dont even use concealer under the eyes anymore, it's great when you get sleep!
Weekends I naturally wake up at 5am no alarm.
Man my wife keeps me up way past when I'd like to hit the sack, it's such a pain in the ass haha.

Man my wife keeps me up way past when I'd like to hit the sack, it's such a pain in the ass haha.
Damn!
My husband is in bed sleep when I get in, and leaves for work at 10pm, he used to wake me up on the way out but i must be in a deep sleep by then now because I dont remember him leave anymore!

What's holding me back? - motivation - train early mornings and find it bloody hard to get motivated, half the time miss out because I'm lazy and cbf.
what am I going to do about it? - look for a good coach to give me 12 months coaching so I'm held a bit more accountable.