• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Can't take it personally guys. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't even get a mention but if you're happy with the transformation you've made, you look better, feel better and the people in the real world notice and give you compliments that's what really matters. I know I do :)

5kg of LBM added = real life fkn win. 14kg fat loss and some muscle gain = real life fkn win.

Can't take it personally guys. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't even get a mention but if you're happy with the transformation you've made, you look better, feel better and the people in the real world notice and give you compliments that's what really matters. I know I do :)

5kg of LBM added = real life fkn win. 14kg fat loss and some muscle gain = real life fkn win.

Mate, you did great too. Read your log. Amazing progress.

good work to the boys who placed we all made progress so eh who cares

this was the best possible thing i could of entered to give me the extra push in my first year of training. It gave me good reasons to take progress pictures and see my work that i'm sure i wouldn't of bothered to do without this so thank you. and to the winners of course they deserve their places they worked just as hard as me so good work to you

No way man!!!!

I was real impressed with your improvement!!!!

It would have been a tough one to judge..

Wow okay..... Surprised and stoked.

Didn't expect to place after seeing Hei Hei's impressive quads, jchens cut and postachios constant improvements (bloke's a beast) and some other noticable improvements across the board

Was stoked with my back improvements personally and legs seem to be coming out of nowhere. Overall could have done the comp much better justice. No doubt in my mind

Win or not.. I have already gotten what I wanted out of the comp - It got me back on track a handful of times mainly due to people's advice and encouragement.. and ultimately helped me to get better results than without it

So cheers to anyone who posted in my thread or answered questions on this board

Thanks most of all to AusBB for running the comp and Gymdirect for sponsoring the comp.
I'll have to have a long hard choose as to what I can get away with in my apartment and get in touch with Hulk again

2013 is already proving to be a good year training wise for me. Let's see what happens across the board

Cheers

2a933ae791cbf167b6c9e9996dda76e9.jpg

Think this sums up 'bodybuilding' a little though, the 'best' guy doesnt always win where in PL if you lift more, you win theres no 'personal preference' thrown in. *flame suit on*

Think this sums up 'bodybuilding' a little though, the 'best' guy doesnt always win where in PL if you lift more, you win theres no 'personal preference' thrown in. *flame suit on*

sounds about right, that's why I wouldn't think about winning so much, and think more about the competing against yourself aspect.

at the end of 2013 I would want nothing more than to see a wicked transformation in my own mind.

the contest is just a vehicle

"I don't like this lifter, I don't want him/her to win. Oh, look at that, I'm not 100% sure they hit depth on that squat, so RED!!"

"I like this lifter, and I really want to see this record happen. Ah $#!7, questionable depth...ehh, I'll err on the side of WHITE!!"

IJS.

Moving forward....

Any suggestions for improving the 2013 comp....

Maybe do a mods choice awards... And then do a people's choice awards....

Best overall transformation... (The best looking person at the end)

Best weight loss for over weighters.... ( dont seem to achieve the necessary ripped look...but still lose a heap of weight and gain strength)

Best weight gain for underweighters.... (Imo these guys have it easier cause no matter what they do they remain under 11% bf).... But they still deserve respect...

Alternatively, you set up clear guidelines for judging, eg you come up with 5 criteria upon which a contestant is judged. Each worth a set amount points. The highest out of 100 wins.

30 points: Muscle gain or fat loss as a percent of starting weight (pure numbers game).

30 points: Overall aesthetic improvement (subjective opinion of improvement in
esthetics).

20 points: Balance of upper to lower body improvement (this can rely on numbers, although subjectively the judges can see who has improved both there upper AND lower the most).

10 points: Consistency of effort/training throughout the entire contest (this is to reflect a number of comments that pistachio 'worked the hardest' etc).

10 points: Adherence to the rules (the focus is here is to encourage taking near identical shots, rather than a before photo with all your thigh in view and then after shot where one leg is obscured by a couch and your shorts over most of your legs; and otherwise see generally pistachios complaints about zooming, lighting etc).

There is 5 grounds off the top of my head.

The judges could vote quite quickly and easily according those criteria as they would assist in guiding their judgement. This could have a top 3 as per normal.

Separately the users could vote for a 'fan favourite'. This voting could be open strictly in the first week of January of the next year or immediately after all final photos are submitted.

That would probably help somewhat. The only thing I haven't accounted for is 'transformation in light of stage in bodybuilding career' so that a small change by a new trainee isn't given as much weight as a moderate change by a person with a few years under their belt.

Anyway that's my 2c, but I think it would decrease the disappointment and both speed up and make the judging process a bit more transparent.

I think journals should've kept up to date like at least one post per week. A lot of people joined up then disappeared only reappearing at the end. Was a but hard to track progress and see how much effort people put in

I think journals should've kept up to date like at least one post per week. A lot of people joined up then disappeared only reappearing at the end. Was a but hard to track progress and see how much effort people put in
I agree mate, I was thinking that everyone had forgotten about the comp as there was no mention of it most the year.... until December ;)

If you get the time to train, it doesn't take much to update a log IMO.

I think the 3 monthly check in is the way to go.
I believe different categories will be a great idea.

I agree mate, I was thinking that everyone had forgotten about the comp as there was no mention of it most the year.... until December ;)

If you get the time to train, it doesn't take much to update a log IMO.
umm no every couple of months i was asking for updates

Semillon is in my top 3 also.... Although my vote is biased cause I train at the same gym...

His 135kg squat was for 3 sets of 5.... And his bench one rm has not been tried for a while... While these lifts won't be breaking any records they are massive improvements from where he started... Although on the transformation front he did leave it to late to start dropping weight...

Well done to the winners any way... The real prize is the journey and the stellar results you achieved!!!!

Will there be a comp this year????

Dude it was a body transformation comp, not a powerlifting transformation comp to see whos lifts improved the most, wake up to yourself.

Dude it was a body transformation comp, not a powerlifting transformation comp to see whos lifts improved the most, wake up to yourself.

the contestants strength progression was taken into account along with their physical progression

- Required stats - Key stats which should be documented before and after; Weight, BF% (if known), relevant measurements (I think waist would be a good measurement for everyone to include), and key lifts (squat, deadlift, bench)