• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Words from Mike Matarrazzo (RIP)

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Some should really take note of this.

9460a0dd5b53bde7b3903ede4f870420.jpg

Fuck so sad . He was one of the first I saw as a young fella in the early 90's.
Saw him on a Weider video. Mind was blown. Such a massive dude. I guess he paid the ultimate price for sheer size.

Last edited:
Holy shit, he was one of the first I saw on bodybuilding mags as a kid, along with Shawn Ray, Nasser, Flex Wheeler. Always smiling and held as an icon. Truth comes out.

these guys take it to the extreme, way passed their limits,,it wont be putting me off taking shizz,,40yr old with a resting heart rate of 62 beats per minuite, i think ill be fine

Is it really all worth it?
How good do we really want to look? He took approx 40 years off his life.

Just got back from the emergency ward. My nan turns 90 on Monday....but most likely wont make it till sunrise. At least she met my recently new born son, which I think that was all she was waiting for. She lived a simple happy life and really didn't care how people viewed her.
Touching story. Live your life but be safe and healthy doing so.

Cheers

Very valid point BVG and one that a lot of younger guys over look when they're so quick to jump on the gear... But I guess that's like most recreational drugs as well, you don't think of long term consequences when you're young. It's definitely the main thing that puts me off running a few cycles now though

Is it really all worth it?
How good do we really want to look? He took approx 40 years off his life.

Just got back from the emergency ward. My nan turns 90 on Monday....but most likely wont make it till sunrise. At least she met my recently new born son, which I think that was all she was waiting for. She lived a simple happy life and really didn't care how people viewed her.
Touching story. Live your life but be safe and healthy doing so.

Cheers

Salient advice.

Sorry to hear about your Nan. All the best.

Its an addiction - simple as that - its sad to see that guys go to these extremes with dieting, drug use etc - but its a cocktail of bad news really - I dont think 1 thing on its own could kill you as such (besides the diuretics) - but all mixed together over years and years - of course not many people are going to come out the other side with no health issues or not dead.

Is it worth it? I dont know - depends how you look at it - some guys have made millions from bodybuilding - so is it worth it to them - yea I would say so - but then you have the LARGE % of bodybuilders/pro bodybuilders that will never make a $ off bodybuilding shows directly/sponsors - is it really worth the risks to them - fuck no - but they are addicted so nothing else really matters are the time.

Its an addiction - simple as that - its sad to see that guys go to these extremes with dieting, drug use etc - but its a cocktail of bad news really - I dont think 1 thing on its own could kill you as such (besides the diuretics) - but all mixed together over years and years - of course not many people are going to come out the other side with no health issues or not dead.

Is it worth it? I dont know - depends how you look at it - some guys have made millions from bodybuilding - so is it worth it to them - yea I would say so - but then you have the LARGE % of bodybuilders/pro bodybuilders that will never make a $ off bodybuilding shows directly/sponsors - is it really worth the risks to them - fuck no - but they are addicted so nothing else really matters are the time.

I don't think it's an addiction in the traditional sense of a substance addiction but an addiction to the lifestyle - to being one of the biggest and the best and having people look at you and say 'i want to be like that one day' - which, let's face it, nearly all of us have thought at one time or an other. Whether it be looking up to Arnold in Conan or Lou in the Hulk as a kid or something more recent (for all you budding Ronnies out there).

One of the most important points,as [MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION]; pointed out is that for many of them it may represent an opportunity to make substantial money for them and their family if they can secure sponsors and become a top tier pro. An opportunity that may otherwise not be available to them. The problem being that their are no shortage of budding pros willing to take these risks to reach the peak of our sport and unfortunately limited places to fill.

I think all of these guys are well aware of the potential risks and you'd like to think that the risks they take are calculated risk/benefit decisions. Unfortunately this is probably not always the case.

Regardless, it is a sport I love (despite all the dysfunction within), and everyone will make their own way through their lifting 'career' and make their own decisions. So whether you are natty, get on a couple of times a year or are a gear fuelled beast and life is one big cycle, you should never forget that without your health you wont be lifting anything - and good health can be fleeting.