• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 body transformation contest?

Attachments

• Start.jpg
    Start.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Start1.jpg
    Start1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 36
  • 2-3 months in.jpg
    2-3 months in.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 57
  • 2-3 months in 1.jpg
    2-3 months in 1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 2-3 months in 2.jpg
    2-3 months in 2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Start a new thread i reckon and then instead of having all the discussion have the details in the first post, then people start putting up their starting pics. Maybe even have it so the thread is locked and that way it doesnt get all messy, have to get an admin to upload the pics etc.

I would but i need to take some starting pics tonight after work.

Could just put them in here but i reckon it would be better without all the discussion... opinions?

Good idea, but maybe don't lock it. Would be a bit complicated and im sure thread would die because of the hassle.

alternatively, could have a separate thread for each 'contestant', and then amalgamate all the befores/afters into one thread at the end.

would need to have a unique title to each thread:
ie 2011 Body Transformation Challenge - Pistachio

could include details of what you hope to achieve in the year, and put in some diet or training details if you want.

or it could all be in one thread. it doesn't really matter, just one thread could get a little messy

Only about 2-3 months progress.

probably just take new pics at the beginning of this comp mate.

i'd love to have my starting pics from 12 months ago, i made great progress last year, but for the sake of this being a 2011 comp, everyone should take fresh pics i reckon (as in not from a few months ago or whatever)

on a side note, why does your camera date stamp have 2008?

alternatively, could have a separate thread for each 'contestant', and then amalgamate all the befores/afters into one thread at the end.

would need to have a unique title to each thread:
ie 2011 Body Transformation Challenge - Pistachio

could include details of what you hope to achieve in the year, and put in some diet or training details if you want.

or it could all be in one thread. it doesn't really matter, just one thread could get a little messy

what you are suggesting is pretty much a training log. Just make a thread with everyones name in it and their logs attached?

probably just take new pics at the beginning of this comp mate.

i'd love to have my starting pics from 12 months ago, i made great progress last year, but for the sake of this being a 2011 comp, everyone should take fresh pics i reckon (as in not from a few months ago or whatever)

on a side note, why does your camera date stamp have 2008?

new pics were pretty much couple of days into this year. So i guess its my starting pics for this year.

Camera is a dodgy aldi camera - bad interface - don't know how to change the stamp. Pictures were from November.

ah i'd say just keep it all in one thread.. then at the end of the year a new thread can be made with all the pictures/for voting

Maybe the mods can just edit my first post and delete all the discussion.

This was my progress from 2009.. God I'm a fucking idiot why did I stop training. That progress was made with bodyweight exercises pretty much, I only had around 70kg of weights and I couldn't use them in the room I was staying.
80015356.jpg

Only thing from last picture that has changed is my legs are about 4 times bigger lol. Upperbody is probably even smaller now.. why oh why did I stop :(

This year is going to be awesome though. Proper equipment and diet. No slacking off!!!

Last edited:
This was my progress from 2009.. God I'm a fucking idiot why did I stop training. That progress was made with bodyweight exercises pretty much, I only had around 70kg of weights and I couldn't use them in the room I was staying.
80015356.jpg

Only thing from last picture that has changed is my legs are about 4 times bigger lol. Upperbody is probably even smaller now.. why oh why did I stop :(

This year is going to be awesome though. Proper equipment and diet. No slacking off!!!

muscle memory FTW!

im entering this comp from the other side, currently at the biggest i've ever been. hoping to lean up next summer tho, so hopefully pics will look better in that respect

ok, just did a couple of 'what ifs' calculations.

im 98kgs atm, my goal is to be 95kg at 10%. i estimate my bodyfat to be ~20% at the moment, hopefully this is an upper limit. so therefore i have ~78.4kg LBM at the moment with a goal of 85.5kgs LBM.

if i can get up to about 107kgs at 20% by October, that'll give me about 15-20 weeks to shed 12kgs fat (to achieve this goal by Jan next year).

im not sure if this is feasible, or asking for too much, but it will probably be what i am aiming for in this challenge. about 1kg a month should be doable i think, just got to keep the fat in check. it'll be the leaning up part that'll be interesting....

i'll get up some photos when i get a chance to take some, probably on sunday, just because i like taking photos before the start of a new, fresh week :)

Are you going to have categories?
Body transformation - Muscle gain
Body transformation - Weight / fat loss
etc.

Are you going to have categories?
Body transformation - Muscle gain
Body transformation - Weight / fat loss
etc.

well mine's going to be an overall transformation, as per the thread title. i reckon seeing as its an informal comp to keep us all motivated, it should just be overall transformation and judge each case on its merits.

i guess if we have a LOT of people doing it, we could subdivide into different categories?

hmm, true... pretty ridiculous considering there isn't any prizes or anything. (that said it'b awesome if some could be arranged :D)

well what do you propose?