• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Good session this morning.

Not going to fill in my numbers, will take forever!
This one takes alot more prep, i have it all written down (weights, plates used etc) so in my rest, i change the weight...

Im enjoying it...
Even if the squats are relatively light.

Squat - 50% 5x1, 60% 4x1, 70% 3x2, 80% 2x5

Bench - 50% 5x1, 60% 4x1, 70% 3x2, 80% 2x2, 75% 3x1, 65% 5x1, 55% 7x1

Flies - 10x5

Squats - 50% 5x1, 60% 5x2, 70% 4x4

Good mornings - 5x5

this was me yesterday. Feeling a little tight today.

Good stretch last night.

X-training tonight. Im finally feeling ok running & not as restricted, which makes me run like im holding in a shit

Squat - 50% 5x1, 60% 4x1, 70% 3x2, 80% 2x5
Bench - 50% 5x1, 60% 4x1, 70% 2x2, 80% 3x5
Flies - 10x5
Pushups - 10x5
Front squat - 45% 3x2, 55% 3x2, 60% 2x4
Good mornings - 5x5

Last night did my usual tuesday session. After the squats on monday, my back was a little tender on the runs.

2 hand rope slams x15
Med ball twists x 10
Run 400m
Plank 30sec

Med Ball Pushups x 14
BB curls x 12
Run 200m
Plank 30 sec

Pushdowns x 12
Ring Dips x 12
Run 300m
Plank 30 sec

Tricep dips x 15
Burpess x 7
Run 200m
Plank 30 sec

21’s w/13.6
Lunge to gate
Run 400m
Plank 30 sec

Went thru it twice, wore trackies so got a little hot. Nice cold shower afterwards and a big feed of 600g of steak, with a side of bbq sauce!

Yesterday I did bench & deads & low ring flyes. Little sore today, went a bit heavier on the deads, but not from the floor. I cant bend that deep and pick anything that heavy up, STILL!!! But I had an unreal stretch for about 45 mins last night while watching the cricket once young CJ was in bed, so all in all a decent workout and post workout recovery..

Last night did my usual tuesday session. After the squats on monday, my back was a little tender on the runs.

2 hand rope slams x15
Med ball twists x 10
Run 400m
Plank 30sec

Med Ball Pushups x 14
BB curls x 12
Run 200m
Plank 30 sec

Pushdowns x 12
Ring Dips x 12
Run 300m
Plank 30 sec

Tricep dips x 15
Burpess x 7
Run 200m
Plank 30 sec

21’s w/13.6
Lunge to gate
Run 400m
Plank 30 sec

Went thru it twice, wore trackies so got a little hot. Nice cold shower afterwards and a big feed of 600g of steak, with a side of bbq sauce!

I'm out of breath just reading that
Well done Taurus

I'm brushing any kind (light or otherwise) of deadlifts. Have been out of action since Friday arvo with bad back pain. It's only muscle, but with my history of back operations its not worth it. Back to subbing in chins and all their variations when any program I pick up suggests deadlifts. A little upset about it, but that's what I'm hearing my body tell me.
Back into it this arvo, feeling good today

Fark mate thats not good to hear at all :( its good that you listen to what your body is telling you though... Many people dont and just try and push through it..

Do you have to go to physio or just do a little self rehab at home?

thanks [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=14860]Mackie[/MENTION];
Stretching like a mofo all weekend, massage too. Back feels alot better, but my days of deadlifts are now behind me...
Just did this last night, with LIGHT squats. May end up subbing in lunges & step-ups for them eventually...
Bench is fine, as my back is supported the whole time. These %'s going on 150kg 1rm on bench. Squat 1rm 90kg

Bench 50% 5 reps x 1 set, 60% 4 reps x2, 70% 3 reps x2, 75% 3 reps x5
Squat - 50% 5x1, 60% 5x2, 70% 5x5
Bench - 50% 5x1, 60% 5x1, 70% 4x4
Low Olympic Ring Flies - 10x5
Good mornings - 5x5

Definately a smart thing to do dropping squats and deads if they are going to be causing you problems in the long run, and as you know there are substitute exercises you can add in there.

I'm brushing any kind (light or otherwise) of deadlifts. Have been out of action since Friday arvo with bad back pain. It's only muscle, but with my history of back operations its not worth it. Back to subbing in chins and all their variations when any program I pick up suggests deadlifts. A little upset about it, but that's what I'm hearing my body tell me.
Back into it this arvo, feeling good today

Sorry to hear mate, I'm in the exact same boat after today, tweaked lower back on deadlifts and I know I'm going to pay for it these next 5 days at work. Giving them up for a while :(.

Tuesday did my beach session, water was COLD!

20 push-ups on the surf club steps, then run 80m or so, dive into the water & run back. 45 seconds rest and do it again.
10 sets of that. Head spin central. Running on sand is so much different to grass/concrete! lol

Yesterday did chins with my weights vest

1x4 with 10kg
1x4 with 12kg
2x4 with 14kg
4x4 with 16kg

Inverted rows, 4x10

decline pushups 4x10

Ring Dips 4x10

Lunges 5x5

sore today!

Thursday cross training was a good sesh
Friday bench and squats.
Then today did 4km. 400m, then 20 step ups and repeat, no rest, ten times. Totally fucked

After a late night on saturday, and 3 kebabs later, (no alcohol though) i did the 4km run again. Feel good & abs still on show this morning! lol
400m, then 20 step ups and repeat, no rest, ten times. Headspins and pumped calves

Lots of squats and front squats yesterday. Silly me doing two runs over the weekend has left me walking funny today as well.
Still going on the beginners strength program, suiting me fine for now

fitness yesterday. Really tired today.
My usual tuesday session but cut the rest time to 45 seconds.

2 hand rope slams x15
Med ball twists x 10
Run 400m
Plank 30sec

rest 45 seconds

Med Ball Pushups x 14
BB curls x 12
Run 200m
Plank 30 sec

rest 45 seconds

Pushdowns x 12
Ring Dips x 12
Run 300m
Plank 30 sec

rest 45 seconds

Tricep dips x 15
Burpess x 7
Run 200m
Plank 30 sec

rest 45 seconds

21’s w/13.6
Lunge to gate
Run 400m
Plank 30 sec

repeat all once more.

Had a good stretch last night, was asleep on the couch by 830! It really knocks the shit out me

Good session yesterday

chins sub'd for deads due my shit back.

chins w/10kg 1x4
chins w/12kg 2x4
w/14kg 3x3
w/16kg 4x4

Bench
cant remember the sets, but it was something like
1x5
1x6
2x4
2x3
1x6
1x5

got up to 120kgs on it, felt ok

then low ring flyes 5x5

then chins again

w10kg vest 1x4
12kg vest 2x4
14kg vest 3x3
16kg vest 5x4

Lunges 5x5

back is tight (in a good way today)

gumasybu.jpg

Went thru this twice tonight. Had only 30 seconds rest between each set. Was sweating like a man on a rape charge. Good session