• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hi taurus, firstly, great physique and crazy training mate, well done.

Got a question for you about your outdoor gym. I recently relocated my gym (power rack, bench, bars and weights) from my garage to outside under a pergola. The stuff is starting to rust, especially the bars. Do you have this issue at all, and if so, how have you dealt with it.

I'll probably hit the power rack with a rust proof spraypaint or something and was thinking of putting fish oil or similar on all the bars, but then that would probably make them all sticky and not too good to handle.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Definitely use the rust proof spray paint. That's what we used on my cage and the bench and all the plates. As for the bars, mine are rusty. Haven't decided what to do there. I'll look it up and see what's around for that.

Haha, cheers man, glad I'm not the only one with rusty bars. I've been reading around and some people spray wd40, but you would probably have to do it quite regularly.

Legs yesterday

Close squats 2x20
Bosu squats 2x20
Bulgarian squats 2x10 each leg
One leg squats 2x12 each leg
Lunges 2x24
Calf raises 4x40

Bad pic of me lunging down side path.
e8708c8847d3dae774a5f4c73c116171.jpg

Last edited:
Chest and shoulders this morning.

Bench 4x12
Weighted ring dips 4x12
One arm bb press 4x10
DB shoulder press 4x10
Bosu push-ups 4x15

Run swim run last night.
Massive day at work too. The swim was extra hard & we added a set of stairs to each run. 8 laps.
Met Jacques Potgeiger from the waratahs there too. He was watching us train. Massive man and top bloke. Had a good chat. His coach at the waratahs used to be my coach, had a laugh about some of the training that's done with him.
1e0e5429074a9a2a61696d2c8bb5305d.jpg

Last edited:
Bodyweight session last night

Rope climb x 6
Muscle up 4x4
Wide chins 4x10
Monkey bar chins 4x12
Sit-ups 3x40

Tough sesh last night

1km warm up run

Dynamic stretching

Three continuos sets of

400m run
3 muscle ups
2 rope climbs without stopping

2 mins rest

1.6km run straight into 4 mins non-stop squats.

Back and bodyweight
4 x 12 chins
4 x 12 monkey bar chins
6 x rope climbs
4 x max handstand push-ups
3 x 1 min planks

Will do rope climbs first next week, I had nothing after doing the two chin-up exercises.

Deck of arms 430am session. Early training as in the arvo's I want to be playing with the kids, not off training somewhere. If that means 430am training, so be it.

Deck of arms
[emoji173]️ = ez curls
[emoji812]️ = seated DB curls
[emoji814]️ = tridips
[emoji815]️ = skull crushers
K = muscle up x 2
Q = run
J = monkey bars
A = plank x 30 secs

Woke up this morning with my left calf cramping like a mofo. It's still sore. Now I'm walking with a limp! Arghhh

Big 430am session today. Training early so I can help out more with the kids after work. It's easy enough to get out of bed early when you know you have the whole arvo free to play with the kids!!!

1km warm up
Dynamic stretching
-
400m run
3x muscle ups
Close squats x 20
400m run
3x muscle ups
Bosu squats x 20
400m run
3x muscle ups
Box squats x 20