• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginner program!!!!!??? WHAT TO DO!?!!!

Fadi, there is a low tolerance shown toward people who don't run with the flow with a number of members here.
Thank you Andy. To those who fit Andy's description, I say please put your point of view respectfully in addition to respecting a different view point from yours.

With my background in weightlifting, you'd think I would be the one who should be trumpeting the big weight cards all the time. However I'm here to tell you all, that I'm totally against people who can not go beyond the numbers' game, i.e. how much weight is on the bar.

Bodybuilders should not be concerned with numbers but with muscle size, and the smart bodybuilder is the one who takes a light weight and turns it into a heavy one simply by applying different overloading system, of which time is a huge player.

So please, if you disagree with another member's view point, do so with respect or kindly stay out of the discussion. Thank you for your time.

Fadi.

If a newbie has any hope of succeeding, he will pick the hardest routine and follow it to the letter. Don't need to ram the advice down his throat.

I will agree that the strength agenda is shoved down a lot of throats here, often unnecessarily. But the thing that is necessary is o assure that beginners get off to the best start they can and bb'er, iso loaded splits are rarely the best fit. Beginner routined are not necessarily strength routines, they are base routines. Use them to develop a base strength, form, joint stability, etc, then when you actually look like you go to the gym, you can turn to a bb'ing routine. The 140/100/180 is just an arbitrary set of figures for people to aim for.

A complete newbie will grow by just picking up the bar and doing 20 reps of bench..
but will he grow the same as if he did 20 reps of squats?

Yes good post elfreako but we have to consider a few things before we can make a reply

Always ask why.

Except for bodybuilding purposes (physique competition) serious attempts to build or maintain perfect muscular proportions are neither necessary nor desirable, a large part of time and effort expended by bodybuilders is directed at the attainment of ideal proportion.

But trainees involved in any active form of sport should confine their efforts entirely to the development of the muscles that will contribute directly to the performance of their chosen sport and let the resulting muscular proportions be what they may I reckon.

Split routines? It's a word, we know you cannot split body parts ,the body works as one, a split routine is intended to place an emphasis on a particular part.

Should a beginner use this?
That will depend on their muscular proportions

Yes good post elfreako but we have to consider a few things before we can make a reply

Always ask why.

Except for bodybuilding purposes (physique competition) serious attempts to build or maintain perfect muscular proportions are neither necessary nor desirable, a large part of time and effort expended by bodybuilders is directed at the attainment of ideal proportion.

But trainees involved in any active form of sport should confine their efforts entirely to the development of the muscles that will contribute directly to the performance of their chosen sport and let the resulting muscular proportions be what they may I reckon.

Split routines? It's a word, we know you cannot split body parts ,the body works as one, a split routine is intended to place an emphasis on a particular part.

Should a beginner use this?
That will depend on their muscular proportions

Fantastic explanation Andy :)

I agree, excellent reply Andy, you always give an informative and thoroughly thought out explanation.

To both El Freako and Andy: simply awesone. Thank you for your informative replies gentlemen. Now we're rocking!

Fadi.

id recommend doing starting strength alongside a solid eating plan. Id say at least 3000+ calories for a start and do the program from 2-3months, untill you stall twice on your squat. GL!

Well the diet im using contains about 2600 calories..

and what do you mean until i stall twice on my squat?

Read his interview on simply shredded. He squats benches and deadlifts. If it worked for him, why not for you :)

My goal is to look like zyzz. lol. is this program right for me!

I think this program will be fine, and you need to have a perfect diet as well. Stay away from the quick fix of drugs, otherwise you may end up like Zyzz.

Eat well, and may be add some quality Whey protein (Bulk Nutrients are great and at the right price), and may be some creatine.

Last time I looked this was the bodybuilding section.

Max-ot ftw!

Google AST max-ot training - and read.....

Cool so max-ot is better than the 5x5 or an equivalent program?

or just suits my goals better?!