• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ok here is how I went

Squat 3-10 50kg 55kg 55kg
Bench press 3-8. 75kg 80kg 80kg
Bent row 3-8. 50kg 60kg 60kg
Military press 3-8. 40kg 40kg 40kg
Deadlift. 3-8. 60kg 70kg 70kg
Db curl 3-8. 17.5 kg 15kg 15kg

I also done a sl leg press at 7 plates seated calf raises at 12 plates 3-5 pull ups an max dips 15

Ok here is how I went

Squat 3-10 50kg 55kg 55kg
Bench press 3-8. 75kg 80kg 80kg
Bent row 3-8. 50kg 60kg 60kg
Military press 3-8. 40kg 40kg 40kg
Deadlift. 3-8. 60kg 70kg 70kg
Db curl 3-8. 17.5 kg 15kg 15kg

I also done a sl leg press at 7 plates seated calf raises at 12 plates 3-5 pull ups an max dips 15

I have a question about warmup sets, Say you are doing the 3x5 of something eg Squats, and say your 5rep max is 100kg, How do you structure your sets including warmup.

say 5xbar only
5x40kg
5x75kg
**working sets**
5x90kg
5x95kg
5x100kg

Is that an ideal structure? should there be more or less warmup? are the working sets supposed to be progressively heavier? or should they be 5rep max for every working set?

Theres lots of beginner programs talking aboubt 3x8, 5x5 3x5 etc, but none that i saw really layed down how to go start to finish through sets.

I have a question about warmup sets, Say you are doing the 3x5 of something eg Squats, and say your 5rep max is 100kg, How do you structure your sets including warmup.

say 5xbar only
5x40kg
5x75kg
**working sets**
5x90kg
5x95kg
5x100kg

Is that an ideal structure? should there be more or less warmup? are the working sets supposed to be progressively heavier? or should they be 5rep max for every working set?

Theres lots of beginner programs talking aboubt 3x8, 5x5 3x5 etc, but none that i saw really layed down how to go start to finish through sets.

for 3x5 I go (using 100% as the goal weight)

barx10rx2s
50%x10
75%x5
90%x1
then 100%x5rx3s (keep the same weight for all 3 sets instead of going up each set)

It's completely individual though

for 3x5 I go (using 100% as the goal weight)

barx10rx2s
50%x10
75%x5
90%x1
then 100%x5rx3s (keep the same weight for all 3 sets instead of going up each set)

It's completely individual though

Guys, I have been stuffing around in the gym for a while now, I always tend to get bored of the bodybuilding stuff so ill move onto power lifting then swap and vice versa.

Basically I am a weak man who's balls have left me and sit in a jar next to my girlfriend who takes them to work with her while i go to the gym and do pointless movements.

Anyway I got rid of the bitch and have my balls back so I am going back to basics.

I want to increase my numbers and had size to my frame. So i will be doing this program except

Benchpress 3 x 8
Squat 3 x 8
Overhead military press 3 x 8
Deadlift 3 x 8
Weighted Pull Ups 3 x 8
Weighted Dips 3 x 8

3 times week. In between those days i will be concentrating on interval running training.

I will also change it up some days to add in Power Cleans so I may deadlift twice a week to give my back a bit of a break (injuries have cursed me) and do Cleans instead

My numbers are atm Bodyweight is 70KGs. Bench 90kg, squat 100kg, deadlift 120kg and OHP 55kg.

As you can see my squat and deadlift are weak but my bench and OHP are not too bad for my bodyweight.

Do you think going back to basics like this after being in the gym for a few years will be detrimental or will get me back on track?

Last edited:
Guys, I have been stuffing around in the gym for a while now, I always tend to get bored of the bodybuilding stuff so ill move onto power lifting then swap and vice versa.

Basically I am a weak man who's balls have left me and sit in a jar next to my girlfriend who takes them to work with her while i go to the gym and do pointless movements.

Anyway I got rid of the bitch and have my balls back so I am going back to basics.

I want to increase my numbers and had size to my frame. So i will be doing this program except

Benchpress 3 x 8
Squat 3 x 8
Overhead military press 3 x 8
Deadlift 3 x 8
Weighted Pull Ups 3 x 8
Weighted Dips 3 x 8

3 times week. In between those days i will be concentrating on interval running training.

I will also change it up some days to add in Power Cleans so I may deadlift twice a week to give my back a bit of a break (injuries have cursed me) and do Cleans instead

My numbers are atm Bodyweight is 70KGs. Bench 90kg, squat 100kg, deadlift 120kg and OHP 55kg.

As you can see my squat and deadlift are weak but my bench and OHP are not too bad for my bodyweight.

Do you think going back to basics like this after being in the gym for a few years will be detrimental or will get me back on track?