• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench press

Johnnie Walker

Borderline Kunce
Ok i think i know what is causing me issues with my sholder. I havnt seen a video of it though so might not be.

it feels like as the kg's go up, im losing my composure on the bench. Im going from pressing with chest out sholders back, to a more flat chest sholders forward posistion. No idea why this is happening and as i said i only think this is happening.. I do try to maintain proper form in the lift

Hitns tips troubleshooting?

Yeah as I told you dingleberry, regardless of the weight used there is a tendency to shurg the weight up as one fatigues.

stop it.

Most people you see, as they enter fatigue whatever exercise that is, move and wriggle around to get that last rep.

this is where potential for injury occurs, dickheads don't understand intensity and the true purpose of exercise.

you cease the set at the point were you cannot move the weight in the positive movement, you do not wriggle and move around to force that last rep, if you want to achieve further inroads you have a training partner help perform some negative's

Pause the rep for 3 seconds on the chest
There is nothing like isometrics for building isometric strength :)

Negative bench

after the last rep, have 2 blokes either end of the bar,( it's important to understand that at this point there is no rest, don't not let the muscles recover, ) lift the bar, you, set your shoulders back, and very, very slowly lower the bar to your chest, then those two cowboys, lift the weight back up and you very slowly lower the bar to your chest, repeat this until you cannot control the downward movement.

do this every three sessions.

Solution is easy:
(1) stop letting your form drift. No one said this is easy. You actually have to concentrate and force yourself to maintain proper technique when the weight gets heavy.
(2) if you can't do this, end your sets as soon as your shoulders start to leave the bench, then add more sets. You can get very strong by leaving 1-3 reps in the tank at the same weight, so long as you do more sets to get enough volume. In other words, use less weight or less reps, add more sets.

Solution is easy:
(1) stop letting your form drift. No one said this is easy. You actually have to concentrate and force yourself to maintain proper technique when the weight gets heavy.
(2) if you can't do this, end your sets as soon as your shoulders start to leave the bench, then add more sets. You can get very strong by leaving 1-3 reps in the tank at the same weight, so long as you do more sets to get enough volume. In other words, use less weight or less reps, add more sets.

actually your answer is right there, go back to the drawing board, reduce kg's and practice, practice, practice.

Well i dont see how me training alone shows anythung other than i dont have anyone to train with!

Used to train with my best mate, those where some good times

I have the same problem so I reduced my sets of bench press from 5 to 3 and focused more on staying "tight" has done the trick for me

Well i dont see how me training alone shows anythung other than i dont have anyone to train with!

Used to train with my best mate, those where some good times

Usually in public gyms, well most often there are dudes just hanging around, you never know, it might result in finding another best mate.

Not really met anyone i would wana train with at my gym, all gays. Rest of my mstes here train else where at diff times or dont train

I have had the same issues. What I found was that the harder I focused on squeezing my shoulder blades together the better is was and then it just became habit.