• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2012 Body Transformation

Monday the 19th of November 2012:

WORKOUT B

One set of 25 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

4) Bent Over Barbell Rows - 36kg

5) Arnold Press - 25lb (11.3kg) dumbbells

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises

Wednesday the 21st of November 2012:

SQUAT:
105.4kg x 10, 8, 6

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
49kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
36kg x 8, 8, 8

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 6, 5, 5

BARBELL CURLS (ezy curl bar):
25kg x 8, 8, 8

Thursday the 22nd of November 2012:

5km interval running like the old cardio bitch that I am:p

Also in the process of expanding my home gym, buying a Samson Adjustable Incline Ab Board, as well as a free standing Samson Lat Pulldown/seated row machine. Hopefully getting delivered to my brothers house on the week end all things going well.:):)

Unfortunately won't be back in Sydney for a while to pick it up:mad:

Not sure yet, but might do a trip to Sydney with my trailer in January or February next year, running out of room here, will have a dedicated gym room when I build my new house in a few years time....:)

Friday the 23rd of November 2012:

SQUAT:
105.4kg x 10, 10, 8

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
49kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
36kg x 8, 8, 8

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 6, 6, 6

25kg x 8, 8, 8

plus

SEATED CALF RAISES:
40.6 x 15
49.6 x 10, 10

Bought these today, they got delivered to my brothers house in Sydeny this morning, original Samson Gym Equipment just over $100 each including delivery by the seller:)

Sorry about the crap photos, but these are the photos send to me by the seller.

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

Now I just have to get to Sydney with my box trailer to pick them up...can't wait:):)

Monday the 26th of November 2012:

SQUAT:
105.4kg x 10, 10, 10

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
49kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
36kg x 8, 8, 8

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 7, 6, 6

25kg x 8, 8, 8

Last edited:
Tuesday the 27th of November 2011

10km intervals on exercise bike.....wow what a killer.

Only used the bike as the treadmill shit itself and stopped working. Rang up the service guy and he quoted me $400 to come out to see what is wrong with it:mad: The perils of living in a remote location. :mad:

So I got the multimeter out of the garage and started prodding around, seems like one of the fuses has blown, since I am heading into Moree anyway tomorrow to do a bit of shopping, will pick up a few replacement fuses and see how things will go. But that still has me wondering why the fuse has blown, hopefully was just an electrical surge and all is well.

You've blown the treddy with all that running Mick! :eek: lol

THAT, is a job well done :p

Also good job on the 10km intervals on the bike! I fckn hate stationary bikes! lol

Tuesday the 27th of November 2011

10km intervals on exercise bike.....wow what a killer.

Only used the bike as the treadmill shit itself and stopped working. Rang up the service guy and he quoted me $400 to come out to see what is wrong with it:mad: The perils of living in a remote location. :mad:

So I got the multimeter out of the garage and started prodding around, seems like one of the fuses has blown, since I am heading into Moree anyway tomorrow to do a bit of shopping, will pick up a few replacement fuses and see how things will go. But that still has me wondering why the fuse has blown, hopefully was just an electrical surge and all is well.

Ouch! expensive! almost the price for a newy ebay one!

10km on stationary bike is a good effort i'm bored after about 2km..

I hate the bike as well, but cardio for me gets boring anyway, as it takes too long.

But seems to be making me feel better.

Hopefully a fuse will fix the treadmill, will let you know tomorrow.

:mad::mad: Could not buy the exact fuse for my tread mill today, got one similar of the same power rating but it blew straight away, so I am thinking there might be another issue that is causing the fuse to blow, may be a short circuit in the machine somewhere...checked all the wiring and it all looks good and undamaged, have ordered a hand full of the correct exact replacement fuses, to try if they still blow there will be another more expensive problem:mad::mad:

Wednesday the 28th of November 2012:

SQUAT:
105.4kg x 10, 10, 10

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
49kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
36kg x 8, 8, 8

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 8, 8, 8

25kg x 8, 8, 8

On a good note managed to complete all sets this workout, if I do it again on Friday it will be time to add weight to all exercises and go again, the workouts are feeling great, just missing my tread mill.....don't like road running, too much impact on the body, too many flies (you swallow them while running they are that thick out here) and not to mention copious amounts of King Brown Snakes, the worlds second most poisonous snake.:eek:

So will have to use the bike as back up, or the wife's x trainer, but that feels gay:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I try and work through it as quickly as possible with minimal rest, nothing is timed, I am not anal about it, as soon as my breathing is back to normal and I feel ready I go again, rest between squat sets and dead lift sets is probably a minute to a minute and a half, rest between bench press and military press and curls etc is probably less than a minute.

So I get through it quick I also add some isolation exercises at the end that I do not log, today I did three sets of DB arm curls immediately followed by tricep push downs with no rest, high reps till failure then straight onto push downs etc etc.

Next time I might do incline Ab crunches, or dips or some chins just what ever.:rolleyes:

Thanks, yeah I have to stop feeling sorry for myself after a set and go again more quickly. Less and chatting to the 19 yr old blondy working there :)

You take BCAA pre work out right? what's your thoughts on them? I was thinking of taking them instead of craze as it does nothing for me now, but I like to have something to drink just before I go lift.

I use BN Pre workout NT and BCAA's, the Pre workout only when ever, I did use it today and managed to get through more in less time, will probably use it again on Friday.

Personally after this runs out I will be giving the new BN Pre workout 101 a test run along with the brand new just released BCAA recovery formula, it has some extra ingredients in it and I will definitely be ordering it supposedly only proven to work ingredients in full potency levels, no proprietary blends with unstated amounts of ingredients in quantities too small to do anything.

Re the rest periods it all depends on what your goals are I guess, I want max work in least time, some guys here do more sets and rest for 4-10 minutes between sets and train for 3-4 hours at a time.....I don't have time for that unless I want to end up divorced and without a job. I work 10 hour days , then I have to come home eat, train, shower, family time and still try and get 8 hours sleep. Plus I do 30 minute to an hour cardio, so no time for me to fuck around between sets.

Last edited:
Thursday the 29th November 2012

15km interval bike ride

followed by

2km on the rower

All in 38 degree heat, sweating like a mofo....

Treadmill news:

This is fucking unbelievable, you can not buy the fuse for the treadmill in Australia....WTF??? So I rang up York direct, who do not sell the fuse either, the guy said the fuse is part of the circuit board and you have to buy a whole new board at $265 plus $20 delivery.

I mean the fuse is there to protect the board from damage in case of electrical surges.......replacing the circuit board would be like rewiring the whole house because the safety switch tripped out.

Have spoken to every electrical wholesaler, etc in Australia today with nil find, have eventually found the correct fuse in the US, for $1.10 each, but the tosser wants $33 postage, this fuse is about 1cm long and lighter than a 5 cent coin, just put 10 of them in an envelope, put a fucking stamp on it and post it for fucks sake. :mad:

Well will see how it goes, have emailed seller again to see if we can come to an arrangement.