• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2012 Body Transformation

Haha, yes it is a seated calf raise machine, the old Body Works Gym in Fairfield I used to train in about 1987 had one exactly like it works like a beauty and cost me $50 on eBay, no one else bided on it:)

Where I live now the closest Gym is about 100km away, so if you want to train a home gym is a must have, as it's a 200km return trip from gym to home.

Funny thing is my next door neighbour also lifts and trains on his front veranda and his front yard after work.

Last edited:
Has been a while, but I can walk again normally, still have some very minor muscular pain in my upper back, and it will be a while till I can do any serious heavy lifting so my original plan/program has been scrapped as I will not be able to do it:mad:

Have come up with a new one and it's called 'losing weight', will be concentrating on dropping body fat, and hopefully this time it will work:cool:

Despite what some people here believe I will be doing cardio and will be doing very light weights till my old body is able to start lifting again.....I really wish I could just lift, but I think I am expecting too much.

Anyway here is day one:

20 minutes of interval running on a tread mill 7km/9km.

Followed by:

WORKOUT A

One set of 20 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Barbell Squat - 60.2kg

2) Flat Bench Flyers - 30lb (13.6kg) dumbbells

3) Dead Lifts - 58.2kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45.2kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 20lb (9.07kg) dumbbells

7) Scull Crushers 35lb (15.9kg) dumbell

8) Ab Crunches

I think I will be adding some weight to some of these for next time.

Wednesday the 17th of October 2012

30 minutes of interval running on tread mill 6/10km/hr

followed by:

WORKOUT B

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

4) Bent Over Barbell Rows - 36kg

5) Arnold Press - 25lb (11.3kg) dumbbells

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises

Last edited:
Mick, are you becoming a cardio bunny? lol

I feel a transformation coming on :)

I hate cardio, but as the old saying goes, 'what we want to do the least we probably need to do the most'.......so cardio it is:(

After re assessing while being off and injured, I worked out I need strict diet and plenty of cardio if I want to make any difference at all, doing both since Monday, will see how we go.

Glad I did no cardio in my weight lost quest.
Zero cardio worked a treat for me. Calorie deficit and weights did the trick

On your reassessment how did you concur that you required lots of cardio?
Are you planning on running the city to surf?

Well I did reasonably heavy weights and all I ended up with is injuries and no fat loss, actually gained weight, probably some muscle but also some fat.

Did no cardio all this time, but also felt crap and uncomfortable when ever I had to do any sort of physical activity, such as kick a ball around, stalking a wild boar, walk up some flights if stairs etc etc

Diet was reasonable, but I could not eat any less than what I did or I would be starving.

So I now have a diet that is as low as I dare to go so I don't go hungry and I do daily cardio to burn some calories, and do light high rep weights tree times a week and with a history of heart disease in my family it's probably not a bad idea to give the old ticker a bit of a workout on a regular basis.:)

No city to surf, just get past 60 without having a heart attack, something no one in my family has done so far in the last 4 generations (not sure before that), would also like to see my abs for at least one more time in my life:D

Well done if you managed to do it without cardio, but how lean did you get, are there visible abs to be seen??? How do you go kicking a ball around or playing in the surf or running for the bus etc etc

Last edited:
Yeah I got abs and I can walk upstairs without struggling or go in the surf.
I just reduced cals by 100 or so whenever I plateaued.
Had regular refuges meals which kept me sane.
Anyhow it that works for you all the best.

Thursday the 18th of October 2012

5km run on tread mll.

followed by some mobility and stretching.

Weight myself Sunday just gone and today, and things are looking promising, it appears to be doing something, will weigh in on Sunday and see.

Yeah there appears to be a difference on the scales nothing that can be seen on the person though, but got to start some where I guess.

Friday the 19th of October 2012

WORKOUT A

1) Barbell Squat - 60.2kg

2) Flat Bench Flyers - 35lb (15.9kg) dumbbells

3) Dead Lifts - 76.2kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 30lb (13.6kg) dumbbells

7) Scull Crushers 40lb (18.2kg) dumbell

8) Incline Ab Crunches

Saturday the 20th of October 2012:

INCLINE BENCH PRESS:
45kg x 20, 15, 10

AB PLANKS:
1 minute x 3

followed by

40 minute interval running on tread mill

Sunday the 21st of October 2012

1hr jogging on tread mill

followed by

CHIN UPS:

10 x 1 rep

Down just under 3kg since last Sunday with no change other than adding cardio.....so it looks like it's doing something, unless it's just co-incidence.:)

Monday the 22nd of October 2012:

30 minutes of running on tread mill

followed by:

WORKOUT B

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

4) Bent Over Barbell Rows - 36kg

5) Arnold Press - 25lb (11.3kg) dumbbells

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises