• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2012 Body Transformation

Its just south of the Queensland border, and north of Moree.

Will be posting some photos up once I get there and settler in and get my gym set up:)

Wednesday 1st of August 2012:

AM

2km of interval rowing on rowing machine

Full Push Ups: 40, 10 = 50 reps (was going for 50 but only managed 40 without a rest :()

PM :

WORKOUT B

One set of 20 reps of each exercise performed with minimal rest between sets

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

4) Bent Over Barbell Rows - 40kg

5) Arnold Press - 25lb (11.3kg) dumbbells

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises

Last edited:
Friday the 3rd of August 2012:

AM:

Full Military Push Ups

30, 20 = 50 reps

PM:

One set of 20 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Barbell Squat - 60.2kg

2) Flat Bench Flyers - 35lb (15.9kg) dumbbells

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 30lb (13.6kg) dumbbells

7) Scull Crushers 40lb (18.2kg) dumbell

8) Ab Crunches

Tuesday the 7th of August 2012:

SQUAT:
105.4kg x 10, 8, 8

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8
93.2kg x 8, 8

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
54.2kg x 8
72.2kg x 7, 6

DEAD LIFT:
108.2kg x 6, 5, 4

MILITARY PRESS:
27kg x 8
36kg x 8
40.4kg x 8

BARBELL CURLS (ezy curl bar):
23kg x 10, 10, 10

Starting to get into some dead lifts again, I think I will be going up in weight very very slowly on the dead lift to avoid old injuries flaring up again, so far so good:)

Last edited:
Thursday the 9th of August 2012:

SQUAT:
105.4kg x 10, 9, 8

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 10
93.2kg x 8
97.6kg x 6

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
54.2kg x 8
72.2kg x 7, 7

DEAD LIFT:
108.2kg x 7, 6, 5

MILITARY PRESS:
36kg x 8
40.4kg x 8
44.8kg x 8

BARBELL CURLS (ezy curl bar):
23kg x 10
27.4kg x 10, 10

Have not had access to my gym for the last month, and been flat out moving house, packing and unpacking including several drives to and from Sydney.

Have new settled into my new life and loving it, only about 100 people live in the village I now call home. it's an hours drive north of Moree and just south of the Queensland border.

Have set my gym up on the outside verandah of my country style house, and started back into training today. Have backed right off my max lifts, will be following the beginners program now with my new starting weights, adding a little weight each training session.

Will not be be doing any 1RM max lifts for a while, and will concentrate on developing my strength. I want slow progression giving me time to adapt and grow. So I will not go up in weight till I can do 3 x 10 full reps with my squats as well as 3 x 8 full reps for ALL of the chosen exercises, for two workouts in a row, only then will I add a small amount of weight to ALL of the exercises.

So anyway here we go again.........:cool:

Friday the 7th of September 2012:

SQUATS:
105.4kg x 10, 8, 8

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER ROWS:
54.2kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
54.2kg x 8, 7, 6

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 6, 5, 4

STRAIGHT BAR BARBELL CURLS:
26kg x 8, 8, 8

Last edited:
Yay! You're back :)

Well done on the move! Sounds blissful Mick! Are you still working? Or retired for now? lol

100 people in the whole town?? :eek:

Good stuff on beginning again, sounds like a clever approach! And welcome back Mr :)

Yep working full time, plenty of work out here.

Will throw some photos up of my new and down graded gym in a few weeks once I settle in a bit better. Enjoyed my training session today, and will be approaching it softly softly, as I am not competing with anyone.

Noticed my neighbour has a small home gym set up on his verandah as well and I saw him pumping some iron the other day, so might have to have a chat to him one these days:)

All in all it's very peaceful out here, the kids love it, chasing sheep, playing with horses, and one of the neighbours has a tame 'wild pig' that they love to go and visit. only down side is the Kangaroos, there is hundreds of them out here, have hit three in the last week in my car, two in my own 4x4 and one in the work car yesterday.....but speaking to the locals it's apparently normal, so looking at buying a good quality bullbar for my 4x4, and my GT Falcon has been put into storage for the time being.

Pretty close to Queensland now, I still have family there, so I might come visit you one day:)

PS love your avatar, says it all....

Mwahaha Oh yes the new avi, Bella is protesting against the assholes :p

Sounds lovely Mr! Yes, you know Bella loves pics! :)

You're closer! Yay! Come & visit some time, just ample notice this time! lol

Get the bullbar, sounds necessary! The kanga's are pests in the bush I've heard. Maybe you could have kanga bbq nights? lol

Glad you're back! I missed you :)

Is your neighbour cute? :p

Mwahaha

There will be plenty of notice next time around, and I will probably hang around longer than just a day or two.

Don't actually like Kangaroo meat, but they are a pest, was talking to a farmer out here the other day and he reckons he shoots about 4-5000 per year on his property and there is more every day.... and I believe it, they are just everywhere, you can't go outside of the town without seeing at least a few, had two more close calls driving yesterday.

Re the neighbour???? not sure, will get back to you:D

There will be plenty of notice next time around, and I will probably hang around longer than just a day or two.

Don't actually like Kangaroo meat, but they are a pest, was talking to a farmer out here the other day and he reckons he shoots about 4-5000 per year on his property and there is more every day.... and I believe it, they are just everywhere, you can't go outside of the town without seeing at least a few, had two more close calls driving yesterday.

Re the neighbour???? not sure, will get back to you:D

mwahahaha

yes, do get back to me :cool::p

As for the roo's - I think you could pretty much start your own roo jerky business out there Mick! lol Get into it!

4-5000 a year? Holy shit. Yeah I have heard they are bloody pests, such a shame though. Get that bullbar!

Keep me posted...............on all fronts :p

yes, do get back to me :cool::p

Keep me posted...............on all fronts :p

Spoke to the neighbour today, he had just finished his workout on his front porch when I was coming home from work, well he is not a big guy, but pretty lean with short hair, also found out that he is my son's school teacher....the joys of a tiny town I guess:rolleyes: My wife reckons he is pretty hot, but she has bad taste I think:p

Anyway on to todays workout:

Monday the 10th of September 2012:

SQUATS:
105.4kg x 10, 10, 10

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER ROWS:
54.2kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
54.2kg x 8, 7, 6

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 6, 6, 5

26kg x 8, 8, 8

SEATED CALF RAISES:
31.6kg x 25

Lmaoooooooo ahhh that made me laugh :D

Great workout Mr! How's it feeling getting back into it all?

P.S. Pics in my training log from the hens night on Saturday, (page 121/122 i think are the last ones) the dress fit, I could even get panties on this time :eek: mwahaha

Please review & if I'm still bigger than your neighbour & could possibly kick his arse, its a no go. I repeat, a no go :p

Trained Thursday instead of Wednesday, as I did a huge hike up through a mountain gorge with very steep hills on Wednesday, it is sign posted to take 2.5hrs to complete and I completed it in 1hr 10 minutes and my calfs and legs were destroyed:)

So will be training weights Thursday and Saturday instead of Wednesday and Friday, and back to normal on Monday!

Thursday the 13th of September 2012:

SQUATS:
105.4kg x 10, 10, 10

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER ROWS:
54.2kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
54.2kg x 8, 8, 8

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 7, 6, 5

26kg x 8, 8, 8

Hate when life gets in the way of training, supposed to be enjoying my week end, having a gym session and doing some gardening, been sick as a dog since yesterday arvo, stayed in bed till 11:30am, sore throat, throbbing head ache and feel like I been hit by a truck:mad::mad:

So much for having a week end and training today:mad::mad:

Going back to bed now, and see how I feel Monday:cool:

You are right about the bar being there, but I want to get a decent stint of lifting it without something getting in the way:mad:

Well wasted most of my week end in bed sleeping and feeling terrible, still off work today, still feeling off, so went for an hours walk this morning to get some fresh country air into my lungs, then went to the Artesian springs and sat in a natural hot spa for about 20 minutes, then home and a few hours sleep.

Now had some lunch, and relaxing, back to work tomorrow.

Won't be touching any weights till Wednesday at this stage, hopefully will be all good by then:cool: