• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2012 Body Transformation

Still sick as a dog, no work today or tomorrow.....this flu is a killer, I thought I was literally going to die the night before last, can't wait for this to be over, hopefully back into training and work Monday.

You know when you are sick when you would really love to be at work rather than be at home.:cool:

Ok, nearly back, still not 100%, had day off work today and went and done some shopping and spend the arvo sitting in an Artesian Hot Spa (water cooled to 39 degrees after coming out of the ground at around 60 degrees, strong sulphur smell supposed to be good for you:)

Relax tonight and then I might hit he gym tomorrow to see how I go:)

Hopefully I will be back......sick of this on and off training:mad:

Take it easy Mick, best of luck getting over it mate, the real flu is bloody horrible, took me ages last year to gain some strength back after flu.

Those hot spars are seriously relaxing and refreshing. But they can dehydrate you pretty quickly and leave you feeling crap if you stay in them too long.

Looking forward to seeing you get back into the swing of things.

Nice thanks for the support people.

I was back today, have given myself plenty of rest and was worth it, have hardly lost any strength and felt pretty good today, lost a bit on military press, but gained a bit on dead lifts!!!

Wednesday 26th of September 2012:

SQUATS:
105.4kg x 10, 10, 10

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER ROWS:
54.2kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
54.2kg x 8, 7, 6

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 8, 7, 6

STRAIGHT BAR BARBELL CURLS:
26kg x 8, 8, 8

Completed workout and then straight across the road into the Hot Artesian Spa.....I think I am addicted!!:)

OK lets keep this rolling, I think I have made stuff all change since the start of this year, lets see if I can make some changes between now and xmas:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Friday 28th of September 2012:

SQUATS:
105.4kg x 10, 10, 10

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER ROWS:
54.2kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
54.2kg x 8, 8, 8

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 8, 8, 8

26kg x 8, 8, 8

EXTRA:

SEATED CALF RAISES:
31.6kg x 30, 20

OK, so today I managed to complete all reps of every set of every exercise, so if I can back this up on Monday I will be adding weight to every exercise to reduce the reps down till I can build them up again, then repeat.

Monday the 1st of October 2012:

SQUATS:
105.4kg x 10, 10, 10

BENCH PRESS:
75.2kg x 8, 8, 8

BENT OVER ROWS:
54.2kg x 8, 8, 8

MILITARY PRESS:
54.2kg x 8, 7, 6 :mad:

DEAD LIFT:
117.4kg x 8, 8, 8

26kg x 8, 8, 8

Ok failed on the military press big time:mad:, so at least two more workouts with the same weights provided I smash it on Wednesday and Friday.

Still getting plenty of DOMS so probably not a bad thing:D

Last edited:
I took some the other day, will put them up soon, bloody internet is playing up and too slow to upload photos at the moment, they keep freezing each time I try, in the process of getting it sorted:)

Thats what happens when you move out bush! Mwahaha

Great to see you're feeling better & back to it Mick :)

P.S. you WILL smash it, I have faith! lol

Thats what happens when you move out bush! Mwahaha

Great to see you're feeling better & back to it Mick :)

P.S. you WILL smash it, I have faith! lol

Yeah internet is a bit of an issue out here, it's great when it works, but if the wind blows the wrong way it's stuffed...small price to pay.

Re smashing it......kill me now, I have spend the last three days in bed literally unable to walk:mad::mad:

Not even sure why, I sneezed while driving and my whole back seized up solid:cool::eek: Only just starting to get around again now, no weights, no cardio not even sex:D

I am seriously starting to think I am too old to live (or at least to train), wonder if they will legalise euthanasia any time soon, I think I am nearly ready......joking:D.......but I think it will be a while before I smash any more weights, I think I will really sort my diet over the next week and do some long walks and some light stretching.

Have not even been able to get to the hot spas till this arvo, spend about half an hour in the hot spa, unfortunately it's only 35 degrees today, wish it was closer to 40 like it usually is, feel a bit better now, but then again I am on my 3rd beer:p

Internet sorted for now, back still stuffed, starting to be able to move around, but might be a while before I hit the gym again:mad:

Well here is my current gym set up........hopefully will be able to get back to using it again soon.

Took these photos a couple of days ago:)

Gym is on the back deck of our house, will be here for the next 3-4 years before moving on and building a new house and indoor gym.

All gear is Aussie made Samson Gym Equipment, and most items are over 20 tears old and still going strong.

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

The view from the gym:

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

Looking from the back yard towards the house:

IMG_2760.jpg

And the rest of the deck, looking towards the gym:

IMG_2759.jpg

My eBay Jim Beam Barrel:

IMG_2756.jpg

Little out door setting and BBQ's.....stainless steel gas BBQ and a Webber char coal unit under the cover next to it:

IMG_2757.jpg

Samson gear is quality stuff. I remember going to the foundry at Ryde when I was a teenager with the old man and brother to get our first weight set. We had that for many trouble free years. Like yours, I bet it's still going strong.

Nice set up Mick. That must have taken some negotiating with the missus HAHA!!!

That looks fucking sensational Mick! Good stuff! Finally I get to see the pics & they were worth the wait :p

Excellent :)

Thanks Bella, yea internet is sorted for time being and working well.

I bought the rack and flat bench press and one of the weight stands direct from the Rydalmere Factory myself a long time ago, the bench probably nearly 30 years ago, I was 17 when I bought that:rolleyes:

Got the rack when I was about 25 I think, all the other stuff was acquired on eBay over the last 2 years:)

The missus does not mind, but was not allowed into the house with any of it:D

Will be building again in about 3 or 4 years, and will be building a gym room attached to the house. Only here for a temporary work assignment and the house is actually rent subsidised by work at the moment allowing me to sell my house in Sydney.