• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2012 Body Transformation

I think it seems to work, muscle gains seem to be slow no matter what you do...:(

Monday 18th of June 2012:

BENCH PRESS:
57.2kg x 20
75.2kg x 12
93.2kg x 6
102kg x 6, 5, 5

DUMBBELL FLYERS:
13.6kg (30lb) x 15
15.9kg (35lb) x 12

TRICEP ROPE PUSHDOWNS:
27kg x 15
31.5kg x 10
36kg x 5, 5, 5, 4, 3

REVERSE PUSH UPS:
20 reps

Wednesday the 20th of June 2012:

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
54.2kg x 15
68.7kg x 7, 7, 6, 5

LAT PULLDOWN:
45kg x 20
63kg x 10
72kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

BARBELL CURLS (straight bar):
26kg x 15
30.4kg x 10, 10, 8, 7, 6

Thursday the 21st of June 2012:

MILITARY PRESS:
27kg x 15
36kg x 12
45kg x 10
54kg x 5, 5, 5

AB CRUNCHES:

Done:)

Sunday 24th of June 2012:

SQUATS:
60.2kg x 15
78.2kg x 10
96.2kg x 10
114.2kg x 5, 5, 5

LEG EXTENSIONS & LEG CURLS (Superset no rest between sets)
27kg x 20 of each
27kg x 15 of each
27kg x 10 of each

CALF RAISES:
45.2kg x 20
54.2kg x 15
63.2kg x 12, 12, 12

Missed a few trainng sessions, due to work and family commitments :(

I am also in the process of selling my house in Sydney where I live at the moment, before moving to the country never to return to the big smoke :)

We are also downsizing the house for the next three years till we will build our dream home in about three years time, moving from a double storey 5 bedroom, rumpus, three car garage three bath room to a single story four bedroom double garage home in the country, but will be renting a work subsidised house on a 1 acre block, the smallest block I will ever live on from now on.

Looking at buying 3-6 acres soon and building a nice house with a large gym and huge shed for my current and future toys ;)

But for now back into training today>>>>>>>>

Friday the 29th of June 2013

BENCH PRESS:
57.2kg x 20
75.2kg x 12
93.2kg x 7
111.2kg x 5
120kg x 2, 2, 1

INCLINE BENCH PRESS:
54.2kg x 15, 10, 7

DUMBBELL FLYERS:
13.6kg (30lb) x 15
15.9kg (35lb) x 12

TRICEP ROPE PUSHDOWNS:
27kg x 20
31.5kg x 12
36kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

REVERSE PUSH UPS:
25 reps

Last edited:
Aww Mick I've missed you! But have been following your log! Nice benching! And really well done on the reverse push ups! phwoaaarrrrrrrrr :eek:

You and your reps! :D

How's this program feeling for you?

Feels great, I really like it and it seems to be doing the trick:)

Once I get some more time after moving house I will be adding a LOT of cardio and conditioning training, to help strip some subborn fat and to get the cardiovascular system moving so I dont get out of breath so easy.

Monday the 2nd of July 2012:

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
54.2kg x 15
72.2kg x 7, 6, 6, 5, 5

LAT PULLDOWN:
45kg x 20
63kg x 10
72kg x 5, 5, 5,

BARBELL CURLS (straight bar):
26kg x 15
30.4kg x 10, 10, 8, 8, 8

Can't believe I have not updated for nearly a month, and my thread is only at position 11, what is everyone else doing:rolleyes:

Ok, have nearly had a full month off all training, but don't fear I have not been lost to the iron game, as a matter of fact it is killing me not training, but I have been extremely busy with too many things, to the point were I have been stressing big time.

Currently in the process of changing jobs, selling the house that we live in, moving 700km away from where we currently are and basically changing our whole life style, going from probably the busiest work location (Bankstown NSW) to a nice quiet country town with a population of about 80 people.

At the same time have been experiencing some financial stress brought on from various related expenses, as well as spending some major $$$ and nearly every spare minute on my project car.

Have also been suffering some minor injuries from training as well.

So for the last month I have been eating too much rubbish, drinking too much alcohol and not training:cool:

Anyway will be hitting the iron tomorrow, even though we have not moved yet, will be moving in about three weeks time.

Will be taking it easy on the weights, but going for a full detox, eat healthy, no alcohol and no rubbish, some cardio and some weights.

On a good note....

Once I get to my new home and settled in I will be training full time, as I will not have any other commitments other than work and train and eat and rest, and work will be part of my resting...lol.

To be continues tomorrow.........

Last edited:
Monday the 30th of July 2012:

I am back baby:):):p

Having a week off work to sort shit out for the upcoming move, did the right thing last night and drank all the left over alcohol I had in the fridge, including some beer (Budwiser), 2 cans of Jim Beam and coke and even some Bundy 'Dark and Stormy', to avoid any temptation during my detox.:)

Got up this morning after a mad sleep in and sorted out my supplement cupboard to see what was in there, planning to use them all starting today till my stocks run out, then will re assess what I will be using.

After some checking went on the net and ordered 3kg of WPI as stocks were a little low.

Came up with this supplement plan based on what I have lying around (did not buy this stuff specifically it's been there for a while):

AM:
Nature's Way Men's Multivitamin
Nature's Way Joint Restore triple action
Nature's Way Vitamin E 500IU
Nature's Way Fish Oil Capsules x3
5gm L Glutamine
1gm Acetyl Carnitine
1gm Green Tea extract (horrible stuff can't wait till it runs out:cool:)

NOON:
5gm L Glutamine
5gm Creatine Monohydrate

PM:
Nature's Way Men's Night Time Multivitamin
Nature's Way Joint Restore triple action
Nature's Way Vitamin E 500IU
Nature's Way CoQ10 150mg
Nature's Way Fish Oil Capsules x3
Asperin
5gm L Glutamine
1gm Acetyl Carnitine

Also have some Bulk Nutrients Pre workout NT (original formula) left and some Bulk Nutrients favoured BCAA's I will be using during weight workouts.

I also use/drink WPI protein shakes 2-3 times a day to keep my protein levels up without too many calories, but I don't really consider them a supplement, in my eyes protein powder is just food same as steak and chicken and tuna and veggies, if you called protein powder a supplement, veggies, nuts, steak, eggs, chicken breast etc etc would be supplements as well:rolleyes:

Seems like a lot but really it is not, I bought one of those cheap pill boxes with AM/PM dividers Monday to Sunday for every day from the chemist and put the whole weeks worth of stuff in there. The powders are in small tupperware style containers, three for every day, one AM one NOON and one PM.

The vitamins are mainly for general health and well being targeted to my age group (45 now:() for heart health, joint health and general assistance with recovery, hoping the L Glutamine will assist with retaining muscle mass while being in calorie deficit while the Acetyl Carnitine and green tea will hopefully assist in some fat burning and keeping the metabolism going.

TRAINING:

AM:

After all that was sorted went for a 2km very slow Cross Country run which included some seriously steep hills, which caused my lungs and legs to burn nicely.

PM:

One set of 20 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Barbell Squat - 60.2kg

2) Flat Bench Flyers - 35lb (15.9kg) dumbbells

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 30lb (13.6kg) dumbbells

7) Scull Crushers 40lb (18.2kg) dumbell

8) Ab Crunches

Last edited:
Good to see your back Mick. Best of luck sorting out lifes issues mate, they can get in the way big time hey. Sounds like a great move your doing, Mrs and I have talked about something similar too, get away from the daily grind

Good to see your back Mick. Best of luck sorting out lifes issues mate, they can get in the way big time hey. Sounds like a great move your doing, Mrs and I have talked about something similar too, get away from the daily grind

Thanks, i will get through it, life does throw us some challenges, re the move it is something we been considering for about 10 years, finally the right offere came up at the right location and we took the chance, it's a big move, selling up everything and moving on.

Keeping my cars and gym of course, and our basic furniture and belongings all extras and luxuries are going, bought the kids a new bike each so they can be outside rather than playing computer games, closest fast food will be an hour drive each way, shopping will be the same, so will be forced to plan meals, eat right and live clean. Zero traffic, zero pollution. Will post some more details up soon.

Hobbies will be bike riding, gym, fitness, hunting, fishing, dirt bike riding (will be buying some for the family once finances recover) and building my car (1974 XB Falcon Coupe now fitted with a Big Block:D:D)

To be honest I think we are starting to get nervous, and a bit scared, but once it's all done I don't think I will look back.:)

Tuesday the 31st July 2012

2km slow Cross Country run

followed by:

3 X 100 meter farmers walk with 2 x 25kg dumbbells

Oi! Mick, have you moved more rural yet? Or no?

Nice slow cross country run and well done on the farmers walks Mr! :)

The runs are only short, as I don't want to tempt fate again and cause myself any injuries, so will be building up slowly on all counts, cardio and weights.

No, just having a week off work to organise crap, will be moving on the 13th of August at this stage.:)

Last edited:
Small rural towns scare me. I fear boredom would set in.

Good luck with the move Mick.

I don't know what boredom is, I turned 45 about a week ago, and I have never been bored for a minute in my life that I can recall. As a matter of fact if I lived to be 200 I doubt I would get everything done I want to get done, so no time for boredom.

I actually don't understand people that say they are bored, (I have mates that are always bored for some reason or another) yet their cars are filthy, their garage needs cleaning out, their lawns need mowing, their house need a coat of paint, and they could use some exercise, yet they sit in their messy house, drive their filthy car to and from work and sit around at home saying they are bored:confused::confused:.............makes no sense to me, I always have stuff to do.

And looking forward to going fishing and hunting regularly (last time I went fishing was 4 years ago and hunting about 12 months), riding dirt bikes, training at least once a day, and finally going on a holiday (last one was 12 years ago) rather than worrying about paying a ridiculous mortgage.....there will be no way in the world I get bored, not in this lifetime:):)

Ok, I should rephrase. Not so much boredom but lack of variety especially if wanting to go out.
I mean I like going to a restaurant at least once per week and in Sydney (or major towns0 you have a wide variety of choice. i like to go watch the Rugby every so often, I like to go watch a movie at the cinema or just go down the road to the local cafe for a coffee. How an you do these things on the spur of the moment being so far away from any major town without driving for hours?

Ok, I should rephrase. Not so much boredom but lack of variety especially if wanting to go out.
I mean I like going to a restaurant at least once per week and in Sydney (or major towns0 you have a wide variety of choice. i like to go watch the Rugby every so often, I like to go watch a movie at the cinema or just go down the road to the local cafe for a coffee. How an you do these things on the spur of the moment being so far away from any major town without driving for hours?

I see what you are getting at, I have a boring life mate, have not seen a movie for years, don't even watch TV nothing has caused me to be interested in going to the movies, every now and then I watch one and generally think they are crap, and that I just wasted two hours of my life I can never get back!

Love to go to restaurants every now and then, but that will be a small price to pay for piece and quiet, no mortgage, and having all my hobbies at my door step rather than having to travel 6 hours just to take the rifle for a walk or ride a dirt bike.

It's not for everyone, but I think I will never look back, moving from a 500 square meter block in Sydney's crime central (even had a guy shot at the end of my street the other day) with a 350K Mortgage, to zero crime on a one acre block with no mortgage.......I think I will be fine:)

Last edited:
fair enough mate, all the best. can you give a general location without mentioning the actual town / location?