• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2012 Body Transformation

Well you been sticking to the high rep stuff for a bit now mate. Pretty bloody amazing workouts, I think there is allot to be said about pushing for volume.
I was wondering if you are feeling stronger Mick, has the volume maintained your strength as well?
I dropped back to 3 days per week a few weeks ago and my volume really went down. I added weight but really struggled with only 105kg squats last night, I'm putting it down to volume reduction. Gonna reduce weight and add more volume as I think that's whats lacking ATM. Need to just do more 'work' and use linear progression to get my numbers back.
The volume makes up for it I reckon when it comes to strength, I was repping more than 105 (6 weeks or so ago) when my volume was up, so I was curious to know how you 'feel' from adding super volume to your workouts even though weight is not heavy (for you anyway) in regards to strength. I know you haven't tested it yet, but how do you feel about it?

Last edited:
Mate these workouts are getting tough with a capital T, re strength I think it still maintains your strength, not sure about gaining any.

I will work up to 50 reps next week and I will maintain at 50 reps till I can do them in one set with minimal breaks between sets. Not sure what I will do after that, might add some weight and drop back on reps, or add weight and maintain 50 reps with slight rest breaks and work up to a full set of 50 again with no rest.

I enjoy this trainig and it seems to be recovering my various niggling injuries I have develops due to strength only work.

To throw a spanner in the works I have posted a new PB for 1RM on the squat recently, and I believe my squat form has improved no end in the last few weeks.

Will eventually be starting at a 75% of my 1RM, and doing sets of 8-12 and working up weights in a body building fashion. I think I will stick with full body workouts three times a week as they seem to work best for me at this stage in my training.

Monday 21st of May 2912

WORKOUT B

One set of 45 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

4) Bent Over Barbell Rows - 40kg

5) Arnold Press - 25lb (11.3kg) dumbbells

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises

Plus

1) Calf Raises 45.2kg x 45 reps

2) Grip Training with my new Grip Pro Trainers (arrived from the US today), as well as some 'Captains of Crush' work.

Wednesday the 23rd of May 2012:

WORKOUT A

One set of 45 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Barbell Squat - 60.2kg

2) Flat Bench Flyers - 35lb (15.9kg) dumbbells

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 30lb (13.6kg) dumbbells

7) Scull Crushers 40lb (18.2kg) dumbell

8) Ab Crunches

Thursday the 24th of May 2012:

Full Push Ups:

50, 30, 20 = 100 reps

Grip Training:

'Grip Pro' Trainers as well as 'Captains of Crush'

Thanks, I am pretty happy with it:)

Due to working crazy hours at work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday I missed my Friday workout:mad: Was literally coming home from work, shower and straight to bed, sleep, wake up, shower and back to work, good for the bank balance but no good for training.

So I did my Friday workout today, which means next week in stead of training Mon, Wed and Fri, I will be training Tue, Thur and Saturday.:)

Sunday 27th of may 2012:

WORKOUT B

One set of 45 reps of each exercise performed. Last time it's 45 reps, Tuesday next week will be 50 reps:eek:

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises

Plus

2) Incline Bench Press 54.2kg - 3 x 54.2kg

Tuesday 29th of May 2012:

WORKOUT A

One set of 50 :eek: reps of each exercise performed.

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Ab Crunches

Did not do any direct arm work today (DB Curls and scull crushers) as my right fore arm and elbow was sore :mad: and I did not want to risk aggravating anything:cool:

lol

Hooray for 50 rep day! You knew Bella was going to drop in here and say, Mick!! You craaaaaaazzy lolol

Well done!

I'm not surprised your arm and elbow are sore. Be kind to them Mick!

You're an animal Mr! :)

Haha you might be right about the crazy...

thanks Bella supportive as always :)

Thursday 31st of May 2012:

WORKOUT B

One set of 50 :eek:reps of each exercise performed.

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

6) Leg Raises

Again no direct arm work due to some excessive soreness in my right forearm, they need a bit of a rest I think:mad:

Last edited:
Saturday the 2nd of June 2012:

WORKOUT A

One set of 50 reps of each exercise performed.

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Ab Crunches

Plus

Did not do any direct arm work today (DB Curls and scull crushers) as my right fore arm and elbow was sore and I did not want to risk aggravating anything.

Another training cycle completed:):):D:D

What to do next?!?!?!?!?!

I am thinking of taking some time off the iron game and concentrating on some other things.......looking at kicking and punching the heavy bag, walking, running, rowing, and body weight exercises like dips, push ups and chin ups and spending some time stretching and spending some quality time with my foam roller!

Then back onto a body building stye routine aiming for maximum muscle gains with a nice clean diet:)

Will make a final decision next week and go from there:)

Ooooo this sounds interesting! Am keen to see what you do next Mr!

Well done one completing this craaaaaazy training cycle lol

Thanks!!:)

Wednesday the 6th of June 2012:

Have has a few days of rest and a bit of thinking time. Decided to give the 'Modern Man' challenge a run. If you are not aware of what it involves read here: http://ausbb.com/general-fitness-training/18807-modern-manhood-challenge.html

SQUAT - 77kg (1/2 1RM)
25, 15, 10 = 50 reps

BENCH PRESS - 65kg (1/2 1RM)
25, 10, 10, 5 = 50 reps

DEAD LIFT - 90kg (1/2 1RM)
10, 8, 8, 7, 7, 5, 5 = 50 reps

It was a killer, rest between sets were just long enough so I can keep going, my chest was burning, legs were shaking, heart was pounding, it is a killer, I was lying on the gym floor for about 10 minutes after completing it trying to compose myself.....well worth the effort, might even do it again on Friday, depending on how I feel:cool:

Last edited:
After some rest I have decided to start my body building style split routine, have again gone away from the Full body routine as I don't seem to recover enough.

Tuesday 12th of June 2012:

BENCH PRESS:
57.2kg x 20
75.2kg x 12
93.2kg x 6
102kg x 5, 4, 3

INCLINE BENCH PRESS:
54.2kg x 15

DUMBBELL FLYERS:
13.6kg (30lb) x 15

TRICEP ROPE PUSHDOWNS:
27kg x 15
31.5kg x 7
33.7kg x 5, 5, 5

SCULL CRUSHERS:
18.2kg (40lb) x 20

Wednesday the 13th of June 2012:

BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS:
54.2kg x 15
63.2kg x 7, 6, 5

LAT PULLDOWN:
45kg x 20
63kg x 8, 7, 6, 5

BARBELL CURLS (straight bar):
26kg x 15
30.4kg x 8, 7, 6, 6, 6

Nice job Mick!

I'll be keen to see how your bodybuilding split program works for you!

Nice to see your training up here again :)

Yes, hoping for some muscle gains here.

Thursday 14th of June 2012:

MILITARY PRESS:
27kg x 15
36kg x 12
45kg x 10
54kg x 5, 5, 5

AB CRUNCHES:

Short and sweet:D

Saturday 16th of June 2012:

SQUATS:
60.2kg x 15
78.2kg x 10
96.2kg x 10
114.2kg x 5, 4, 3

CALF RAISES:
45.2kg x 50

Done and dusted:)

Real solid work, one of the harder working guys on here.

How are you finding all the high rep work in terms of muscle gain?