• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2012 Body Transformation

Thanks, getting there, looking at getting serious about my eating starting very soon, I have been reasonably good but could be better, keen to shed that small layer of body fat and reveal some abs that I know are under there somewhere.:p

Monday 7th of May 2012:

Warm up skipping for around 3-5 minutes.

WORKOUT B

One set of 35 reps of each exercise performed. (reps up again, this is really really starting to hurt:eek:)

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

4) Bent Over Barbell Rows - 40kg

5) Arnold Press - 25lb (11.3kg) dumbbells

6) Barbell Curls - 23kg Ezy Curl Bar

7) Cable Tricep Push Down - 27kg

8) Leg Raises

Plus:

1) Calf Raises 45.2kg x 35 reps

2) Incline Bench Press 53.2kg x 35reps

35 reps. Ouch. Just thinking of those numbers hurts. Well done for getting through that many!

It's a killer, going to work up to 50 reps mate with the same weights, have done it before with great results, you can't actually do all reps without stopping on all exercises, but you just keep pumping them out till you reach the desired number, with small rests as needed but you really got to push and not rest for more that 5-10 seconds before continuing on, even if for 2-3 reps before resting for 3 -10 seconds again and continue on. It really really hurts and works surprisingly well.

You also aim for minimal to no rest between sets of different exercises:eek:

It's a lot of conditioning and is designed to drop body fat whilst building/maintaining muscle, it also increases the muscles ability to transport nutrients and oxygen to where it is needed most, and build your cardio vascular system by actually increasing the number of capillaries throughout your muscles.

Fadi has a whole thread about it somewhere, must dig it out and post the link.
I think it's called Fadi's 'lose fat while maintaining muscle' thread or similar.

I remember a thread about that - starts of with 30 reps, then slowly builds up to 50, the starts supersetting?

either way, kudos to you for giving it a shot!

Thanks, that's the one!

Must re read it one of these days, but I will be taking smaller steps.

Great to see you have started your own thread Fadi, will be keeping a close eye on it. :)

Last edited:
Tuesday 8th May 2012:

Full Push Ups:
50, 20, 20, 10 = 100rps

'Captains of Crush' gripper Grip training

Seem to be able to do more each set, ie less sets to complete 100 reps, so heading the right way, should start on chins soon.

......now head to work:)

Last edited:
Wednesday 9th May 2012

WORKOUT A

One set of 35 reps of each exercise performed.

1) Barbell Squat - 60.2kg

2) Flat Bench Flyers - 35lb (15.9kg) dumbbells

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

6) Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 30lb (13.6kg) dumbbells

7) Scull Crushers 40lb (18.2kg) dumbell

8) Ab Crunches

Followed by:

Squats:
105.4kg x 3
123.4kg x 1
141.4kg x 1, 1

These were really deep arse to the grass squats for me, really concentrating on getting low, now home made chicken curry for dinner to feed those muscles:)

I like your new adjustment imo people are too concerned with how much they can lift, I have been doing some higher rep stuff lately as well but what I do is pump out as many reps as I can, then how many reps I have left to reach 100 is how many seconds rest I take till I reach 100.

The high rep stuff has a purpose, I still care what I lift, as can be seen by my recent PB on the squat, but this is a sort of active recovery from some niggling injuries I have and it seems to be doing the job, I think in future I will be combining low rep and high rep work to try and prevent injuries.

Prevention is better than the cure I think:)

Friday 11th of May 2012:

WORKOUT B

One set of 35 reps of each exercise performed. (reps up again, this is really really starting to hurt)

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

8) Leg Raises

Plus:

1) Calf Raises 45.2kg x 35 reps

Time to up the reps again:(

Monday 14th of May 2012

WORKOUT A

One set of 40 reps of each exercise performed.

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

8) Ab Crunches

Plus:

1) Calf Raises 45.2kg x 40 reps

could you walk or raise your arms after this 40 repper stuff? :eek:

lol

Good job Mick!

Love the squats, they really hurt but I love it, dead lifts are a killer, the rest just hurts in a good way. Will reach 50 soon and then go from there.

Wednesday 16th of May 2012:

WORKOUT B

1) Leg Extensions - 27kg

2) Leg Curls - 27kg

3) Bench Press - 57.2kg

8) Leg Raises

No extra work today, this is really starting to take it's toll, no energy left today after this was done, will try and do some extras on Friday.

Have also ordered a set of these today to keep in the car, to to some light grip conditioning work, high rep light work for grip.

GripPro Trainer - finger, hand and forearm strength and endurance trainer.

Friday 18th of May 2012:

WORKOUT A

3) Dead Lifts - 72kg

4) Lat Pulldowns - 45kg

5) Military Press - 27kg

8) Ab Crunches

Plus:

1) Calf Raises 45.2kg x 40 reps

Bloody big sessions there Mick. 60kg on squat doesnt sound like much, but I hear what your saying, Ive done the 60kg 40 repper before and was sore as hell.
How you finding the high rep stuff? Are you adding any size?
Keep it up mate.