• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

I just looked on the side of the tub. It says ... mix in a high-glycemic, non-acidic juice or water.

Totally assuming here... but perhaps acid might render it useless by converting to creatinine , but the high GI part works as a transport mechanism.

Pity about all that stomach acid then.....

lol! now people are saying to take it with caffeine and tea???

i remember when it was said NOT to drink coffee or tea when taking creatine.

Pity about all that stomach acid then.....

Was thinking that this morning and logged on to ask about that... beat me to it.

Kind of weird how many theories are going around about this, to the point that the instructions on the side of my tub repeat the same BS.

Just to explain my comment a little further...

GI is flawed where it does not take into account the fact that there is a mixture of foods consumed... You can eat a low GI meal and drink an OJ... The OJ would send your insulin on a wild spike anyway...

Notably if you just ate a potato and nothing else GI might be relevant... No-one does this though....Everyone eats a mixture of different foods when feeding...

I got you mate.

Just to elaborate, when I had a fatigue illness - eating a mixture of foods, comprised of only low GI and GL foods for my meals, helped my energy levels and recovery... keeping my insulin and blood sugar levels as evenly regulated as possible.

MaxBrenner's notes were about the following: "This is merely for the understanding that for body composition, those sorts of minor details and protocols DO NOT determine what your BODY COMPOSITION is/ will be."

I totally agree with that it doesn't likely have an affect on the body composition.

But I wouldn't call it a myth if you're trying to achieve other purposes.
e.g. balancing blood sugar / energy levels, acne prevention.

And the jury is still out for me on this next one, but poor insulin management can lead affect hormones and can impact fat levels. e.g. BioSignature - The Insulin Hormone Link - Functional Health and Performance

Anyway this is probably worth discussing in MaxBrenner's thread rather than here.

I got you mate.

Just to elaborate, when I had a fatigue illness - eating a mixture of foods, comprised of only low GI and GL foods for my meals, helped my energy levels and recovery... keeping my insulin and blood sugar levels as evenly regulated as possible.

Interesting... Although protein spikes insulin anyway....

Good discussion - But your right... Probably should be in the other thread...

Also good to hear your no longer affected by fatigue!!!

Interesting... Although protein spikes insulin anyway....

Good discussion - But your right... Probably should be in the other thread...

Also good to hear your no longer affected by fatigue!!!

I'm glad too! Onwards and upwards I say.

Given protein spikes insulin, I guess take WPC then, for the slight difference it might make ;)

The ultimate would be to have all nutrients drip fed into our bloodstream, with live testing of levels of insulin etc to adjust the rates to keep everything at optimum levels - no doubt this will happen one day far in the future. We do this in the industrial world, with tightly controlled chemical reactors etc.

Might be worthwhile discussing in other thread, as a natty I'm especially interested in the hormones bit - so many PTs at my gym are BioSignature people and that's what that whole thing is based on.

I'm glad too! Onwards and upwards I say.

Given protein spikes insulin, I guess take WPC then, for the slight difference it might make ;)

The ultimate would be to have all nutrients drip fed into our bloodstream, with live testing of levels of insulin etc to adjust the rates to keep everything at optimum levels - no doubt this will happen one day far in the future. We do this in the industrial world, with tightly controlled chemical reactors etc.

Might be worthwhile discussing in other thread, as a natty I'm especially interested in the hormones bit - so many PTs at my gym are BioSignature people and that's what that whole thing is based on.

BioSignature!!! just had a look LOLZ... Worthy of a thread IMO...

There is a lot of argy bargy around the net about Charles Poliquin atm...

Off to start a thread now...

Find out how many grams your going to take during loading and divde it by 3 or 4 , then take that daily for 10 days or so , then go onto maitenance , best taking it after you train with a feed , days you don't train take it whenever . Also you will want to cycle it , 3 months on 3 months off most people do .

Edit : sorry didnt realise there was 32 pages lol , only saw the first page .. idiot .

Last edited:
I've never found creatine to be worth it. Hear other people say they know someone who got big on it but never found anyone who they themselves found it great...................prefer to stick to other PWO not so heavily creatine based.

I've never found creatine to be worth it. Hear other people say they know someone who got big on it but never found anyone who they themselves found it great...................prefer to stick to other PWO not so heavily creatine based.

a man does not just get big on creatine lol, he turns into a GOD among us mortals. Its some potent shit.

ps - creatine has no benefit taking it pre workout compared against taking it any time of day, it has no stimulatory effects. Its a long term product.

a man does not just get big on creatine lol, he turns into a GOD among us mortals. Its some potent shit.

ps - creatine has no benefit taking it pre workout compared against taking it any time of day, it has no stimulatory effects. Its a long term product.

isn't the idea behind creatine to take it (pre workout) to saturate the cells for increased high intensity preformance, then post workout to aid the repair of damaged cells ie. pre and post workout.
Secondly, creatine's somewhat inconsistent effects between different people, could that be down to different peoples livers and digestive tract efficiencies?

Creatine definitely makes my muscles bigger while i'm taking it (water retention), not sure if its giving me any improvement at the gym or long term.

takes up to five (5) days for the muscles to be saturated with creatine (supplementation)???.............for increased performance

You can take creatine anytime.

The main reason why a lot of people say creatine does nothing for them is because the positive effects are in the less than 5% range. So even if it is working its hard to notice the effects anyway.

Creatine won't make you huge.