• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What do you guys think of this bloke not wearing VB on his Aussie one day shirt, because he's a muslim?

Good on him for making the Aussie team, but don't we have enough average spinners already? lol. Im sure they'll all sport the logo!!

I wonder if he'll knock back his match payment too, (i doubt that) seeing as VB pours alot of money into the game and hence get more money in, for HIS MATCH PAYMENTS. He can play for free if he doesn't want to wear the sponsors logo.

Cricket Australia have gone soft on this one....

---art_fawad_ahmed_20130901070835382763-620x349.jpg

Last edited:
You know mate I didn't notice this. Very interesting. Religious sensitivity overriding sponsorship dollars.

Trying to think if any AFL or NRL players get the same sort of treatment, and can't recall it happening.

I read the other day he is the 18th spinner we have tried since Warne.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

You know mate I didn't notice this. Very interesting. Religious sensitivity overriding sponsorship dollars.

Trying to think if any AFL or NRL players get the same sort of treatment, and can't recall it happening.

I read the other day he is the 18th spinner we have tried since Warne.

Sonny Bill is now a Muslim. I wonder if he asked Steggles (roosters major sponsor) to use halal methods. I doubt it. He wouldn't dare.
Cricket Australia have really opened a can of worms here.

What do you guys think of this bloke not wearing VB on his Aussie one day shirt, because he's a muslim?

Good on him for making the Aussie team, but don't we have enough average spinners already? lol. Im sure they'll all sport the logo!!

I wonder if he'll knock back his match payment too, (i doubt that) seeing as VB pours alot of money into the game and hence get more money in, for HIS MATCH PAYMENTS. He can play for free if he doesn't want to wear the sponsors logo.

Cricket Australia have gone soft on this one....

---art_fawad_ahmed_20130901070835382763-620x349.jpg

I take a different view mate, I don't mind it. The exact same thing happened several years back when Hashim Amla started playing for Seth Efreeka. They had a beer company sponsoring them, he said it conflicted with his religious beliefs and they allowed him to have it removed.

I'm not religious myself, but if others are and this stuff goes strongly against their beliefs then I think it's reasonable to show some tolerance and respect their view.

VB won't mind in the slightest I reckon. They get a lot more free publicity plus good PR for being sensitive to religious beliefs.

I take a different view mate, I don't mind it. The exact same thing happened several years back when Hashim Amla started playing for Seth Efreeka. They had a beer company sponsoring them, he said it conflicted with his religious beliefs and they allowed him to have it removed.

I'm not religious myself, but if others are and this stuff goes strongly against their beliefs then I think it's reasonable to show some tolerance and respect their view.

VB won't mind in the slightest I reckon. They get a lot more free publicity plus good PR for being sensitive to religious beliefs.

Fair enough. Hashim Amla was also fined for not wearing the 'proper team kit'. But then SA cricket dropped the fine after mediation.

I find it hard to take that he'll happily accept the money that beer brings into the game, but is so strong of the belief that he wont wear the logo. 'You're money is good enough for me, but not your product'. Just a little hypocritical for me

Good on him for standing up for his beliefs but I don't agree with the rest of it.

Last edited:
Get him in! He is genuine class. Been saying for a while that he is the guy to solidify our middle order. Perfect Mike Hussey replacement.

I am keen on Voges for an Ashes gig as well. Both are old heads!

Warner a record197 for NSW today.
Can't help thinking he should be in India right now. Anyhow at least he's hitting form.

When I heard about it I thought the worst. Thank god he is okay. He's a national treasure.

The may be current Rugby Union and Rugby League world champs but as cricketers the Kiwi's suck.
They just lost the ODI series to Bangladesh...again.

Bowlers help Bangladesh to series win
After their famous 4-0 win against the same opposition at home in 2010, another clean sweep beckoned for Bangladesh after they wrapped up the second ODI by 40 runs. Bangladesh defended 247 and their decision to bat first was vindicated despite concerns over the spinners' effectiveness with a dew-laden ball.

Bangladesh v New Zealand, 2nd ODI, Mirpur Report : Bowlers help Bangladesh to series win | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo