• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Favourite exercises for thickening

I think Voltaren are a step up from neurophen? Don't know if you need a prescription. I dont think so.

I think Voltaren are a step up from neurophen? Don't know if you need a prescription. I dont think so.

12.5s you can get no question asked.
25mg have to ask the chemist and they will ask you a few questions. 1 packet at a time as well I think
50mg are prescription.

It depends on the pain, they are both pretty similar and sometimes one will work better than the other.

Naproxen is another. It is prescription but they do sell low dose ones over the counter for period paid.

Yeah I got 25s. Makes sense, I asked for the strongest based on physio recommendation.

For the thread- I found overhead press and side lateral raises build traps & upper back. Not sure which does more I do both. Chins build lats.... Bench/incline bench builds chest. Pretty obvious ones.

Last edited:
Yeah I got 25s. Makes sense, I asked for the strongest based on physio recommendation.

For the thread- I found overhead press and side lateral raises build traps & upper back. Not sure which does more I do both. Chins build lats.... Bench/incline bench builds chest. Pretty obvious ones.

Yeah... chest is out as is ohp with the shoulder... lat raises and chins ok... for now (fingers crossed!)

The voltaren does f-all for me im afraid, was on the high dose brufen (script_ with my back which helped very, very marginally... tramadol (spelling ?) was the shit, but sometimes made you throw up instead... win phuckin' win :mad:

Yeah... chest is out as is ohp with the shoulder... lat raises and chins ok... for now (fingers crossed!)

The voltaren does f-all for me im afraid, was on the high dose brufen (script_ with my back which helped very, very marginally... tramadol (spelling ?) was the shit, but sometimes made you throw up instead... win phuckin' win :mad:

Prescription Voltaren did nothing for me either. Naproxen has worked best by a mile.

for thickness? food, lots and clean. is not rocket science...

*for the so called rocket scientists: clean = real food. that means it didn't come in a packet, it did grow on tree's or roots of shit or is part of an animal. they are all good to go, amounts depend on your goals.

Last edited:
I find rocket science easier than clean eating and gradual bulking.

I've heard bodyweight ring pushups but done with a flye motion are good for the chest... Never tried them though and they sound like shoulder murder.

Also ring dips, No2 on this list:
http://www.stackednjacked.com/top-5-chest-building-exercises/

This guy occasionally has good suggestions I listen to. These are his alternatives to flat benching for chest building.

Last edited:
for thickness? food, lots and clean. is not rocket science...

*for the so called rocket scientists: clean = real food. that means it didn't come in a packet, it did grow on tree's or roots of shit or is part of an animal. they are all good to go, amounts depend on your goals.

I wonder how many people are getting meat these days that doesn't come in a packet. Does that mean steaks that come in a packet is out. What about veggies in a packet.

Yeah I know mate... pretty much knew all along, just venting and hoping one of y'all had a miracle answer :confused:

As for nurofen... c'mon mate, surely you can hook a brutha up with sumthin' a little 'stronger' ?

My Xanax got seized dammit! :D

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; just kiddin' bro, don't ban my ass :p)

You can buy naproxen over the counter here in Australia. It's probably the best NSAID you can get.
Prescription dose of ibuprofen is 800mg, so feel free to take 800mg 3x a day. For naproxen, just take what it says on the packet. It takes a day or so to kick in so make sure to keep taking it, it's not an "instant" relief

I wonder how many people are getting meat these days that doesn't come in a packet. Does that mean steaks that come in a packet is out. What about veggies in a packet.

always make friends with your local butcher, he/she can help you out.

try to use markets instead of shopping centres.

its pretty easy really. eat healthy, sleep well, train and become a god :p

always make friends with your local butcher, he/she can help you out.

try to use markets instead of shopping centres.

its pretty easy really. eat healthy, sleep well, train and become a god :p

I even help the bloke slaughter the animals when I get my beef in bulk and even it ends up in a packet. It's disappointing my packeted beef is no good for me.

i said supermarket packet.

is your packet from the supermarket? i think you answered your own question and refused to read my posts correctly.

edit: cause it could and very well may be 3yr old frozen packaged in the supermarket.

is that ok bazza? does this post reach your approval you naturalist you. do you feel slightly important yet or just attempting some social media dominance? lol this forum cracks me up

Last edited:
i said supermarket packet.

is your packet from the supermarket? i think you answered your own question and refused to read my posts correctly.

Yes it's ends up in similar to the supermarket type meat packets. I can take a photo if you want. I have 2.5kg of mince in the packets defrosting in the sink and about 200kg more in the freezer.

You packet = bad food theory is ridiculous.

1. 200kg of bullshit farmed, fed artificial grain fed crap, processed into a packet

2. or caught in the wild, living off the land, perfectly healthy until slaughtered respectfully

guess which one i'd prefer to eat.

guess which one your body will digest better and responses will be better... rocket science this is lol

edit: or do we need another link to a useless waste of money on another study showing the obvious??? throw your 5000+ posts at someone else, i may look noobie at count, but been in the game about 10yrs and learning more every day. maybe you should give that a try?

Last edited:
1. 200kg of bullshit farmed, fed artificial grain fed crap, processed into a packet

2. or caught in the wild, living off the land, perfectly healthy until slaughtered respectfully

guess which one your body will digest better and responses will be better... rocket science this is lol

edit: or do we need another link to a useless waste of money on another study showing the obvious??? throw your 5000+ posts at someone else, i may look noobie at count, but been in the game about 10yrs and learning more every day. maybe you should give that a try?

If your butcher is telling you that the beef he's selling you came from cows that were "cuaght in the wild, living off the land, perfectly healthy until slaughtered respectfully" than he's full of shit and you're gullible.. And, I have some excellent muscle building tonic here to sell you!!

Not that any of this hippy bullshit matters but

Yes it is processed. Cut up with a knife and frozen. Do you eat your animal whole, bones guts and all?

It was fed about a 90% grass based diet. No crap was fed.

Not sure what bullshit farmed involves.

Respectfully slaughtered. Well with a bullet between the eyes. Unless you hippys have a more respectful way of doing it.

It was definitely healthy.

If your butcher is telling you that the beef he's selling you came from cows that were "cuaght in the wild, living off the land, perfectly healthy until slaughtered respectfully" than he's full of shit and you're gullible.. And, I have some excellent muscle building tonic here to sell you!!

thats exactly why im dumbfounded that bazza gets such straight from the chain.

because i know my burcher can't do that,and the shopping centre is 10x worse than them...

is that ok to have an opinion? or do i have to be apart of your kunce crew lol.

you need to also re-read my posts, lol!

yeah thats what the industry says, yeah its grass fed! about 90 percent its life, then the last 2 weeks its on grains, it doesn't do any harm.

just totally changes the characteristics of the meat, doesn't change anything at all right? RIGHT!!???!!!

LOL you're wondering how Bazza gets it straight from the "chain?" I assume you mean you wonder how he can be so sure about the freshness/quality of his meat and/or how he's able to know so much about the meat he's getting?

Probably because he's the one selling the butcher the bloody cow :p