• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Favourite exercises for thickening

For me personally I have noticed deadlifts have helped thicken up my lower back/lats. But maybe because I have only recently started doing them It's noticeable for me.

Also all types of chin/pull variations using the handles on the rack.

Pretty much all I've been doing recently is deadlifts and shrugs
I do rows or pull-ups sometimes but only when I can't shrug
I don't know if my back is "thick" or whatever the bodybuilding nonsensical term is but here it is. Sorry for the shitty pic and terrible lighting

4lUJ34h.jpg

Pretty much all I've been doing recently is deadlifts and shrugs
I do rows or pull-ups sometimes but only when I can't shrug
I don't know if my back is "thick" or whatever the bodybuilding nonsensical term is but here it is. Sorry for the shitty pic and terrible lighting

4lUJ34h.jpg

Looking pretty big... You sure your lats arent from chins? Deadlifts do that? I never felt them in my lats..... At least not like I feel my chest in bench or lats in chin ups.

LOL

CT: new resident bro scientist. You'll do well here :p You should combine grass fed beef with chicken for the extra anabolic affect.

Just make sure its not in a packet. Because packets automatically make food bad for you.

0ni got back! (no homo)

Lots of deadlifting, and some shrugs and weighted back extensions. For "thickness", yeh. Shit, maybe rows add that as well... just realised I don't even know what the fuck adds thickness to the back after all.

Looking pretty big... You sure your lats arent from chins? Deadlifts do that? I never felt them in my lats..... At least not like I feel my chest in bench or lats in chin ups.

The lats are also thorasic extensors. You use your lats to pull down your shoulder when you deadlift and they keep you from rounding over too much

I train heavy with a fairly high volume and often get sore lats from deadlifting. A few weeks ago I loaded up a weight belt just to see what I could do and worked up to 3 reps with 40kg added on pull-ups and could do 30 without weight

point i was trying to make is it doesnt matter how big your deadlift or chins are, if you dont rest and feed, you wont get thick, you will get thin

no need to over complicate building muscle, its easier than you think, just takes time!

point i was trying to make is it doesnt matter how big your deadlift or chins are, if you dont rest and feed, you wont get thick, you will get thin

no need to over complicate building muscle, its easier than you think, just takes time!

And on the other side. It doesn't matter how super fancy clean you eat, you won't get thick if you don't lift big.

1. 200kg of bullshit farmed, fed artificial grain fed crap, processed into a packet

2. or caught in the wild, living off the land, perfectly healthy until slaughtered respectfully

guess which one i'd prefer to eat.

guess which one your body will digest better and responses will be better... rocket science this is lol

edit: or do we need another link to a useless waste of money on another study showing the obvious??? throw your 5000+ posts at someone else, i may look noobie at count, but been in the game about 10yrs and learning more every day. maybe you should give that a try?

It would be nice if you could actually answer the question in the thread, or are we going to see you pop up in every thread with 'stop worrying about that, eat clen, tren hard'. While that may be the case, we are here to discuss ways to thicken your back, not share a special relationship with your local butcher.

Anyway, looking good 0ni - do you ever do your deads snatch grip? (to explain the solid width in addition to thickness)

It would be nice if you could actually answer the question in the thread, or are we going to see you pop up in every thread with 'stop worrying about that, eat clen, tren hard'. While that may be the case, we are here to discuss ways to thicken your back, not share a special relationship with your local butcher.

Anyway, looking good 0ni - do you ever do your deads snatch grip? (to explain the solid width in addition to thickness)

No! It's something I keep meaning to do but always prefer to do shrugs. They are a solid exercise for everything