• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Front Squats, which grip?

Cant get my head around these or if they actually work?
7yvaquju.jpg

A good stretch for this is to have the bar in the rack, walk I in to it like you are going to pick it up for a front squat. Then have a buddy put their hands on the bar outside yours, then put their shoulders under your elbows and gently stand up. The bar shouldn't leave the rack, so they need to put downward pressure on it as they stand. As your elbows come up make sure your hips don't come forward. Hope that makes sense..

Or if you don't wana get someone to help, I just rack it (clean pos) and stretch one elbow up at a time, it really helps get your wrists more flexible

To the OP, I use a clean pos for fronts, it does get easier, I just wouldn't push to heavy untill you can comfortably get your elbows high enough.. Plus the higher rep fronts will really build your core and upper back muscles (used to stop rounding)

I've found that once you get about 60kg on the bar just holding the rack position of a while can help the flexibility as the weight is enough to stretch everything in position.

Also don't go for a tight grip on the bar. One or two fingers is enough to hold it in place until you get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a fatass weightlifter can clean grip you lot sure as fuck can
Yeah, as a guy with long forearms it fucking sucks dick at first. But with a cross grip you're missing out on all kinds of rhomboidy trappy goodness

clean grip for the win, increasing your wrist flexibility is pretty easy, I do however find if you are doing any pressing it will make your wrists stiff. so dont do pressing first.

also with a clean grip it is easier to focus on lifting the elbows up, which inturn helps to keep the chest high and maintain posture.

you dont even need to hold the bar, the weight should be just behind your anterior delt. your finger scan just touch to balance

and yes clean grip is far easier to maintain bar balance.

and if you can grip the bar in a clean postion it makes the entire lift heaps more solid, and controled and this allows you to drive heap harder.

I forced the issue with the front rack. Came good for me.
Front squatting 100 for reps now without pain. Just a little light headedness haha.

Tim.

I have always used a narrow grip like having completed a narrow barbell curl. Can't use the crossed over grip, feels like no control.

I have always used a narrow grip like having completed a narrow barbell curl. Can't use the crossed over grip, feels like no control.
I use crossover, feels more natural to me. the key is to keep elbows highs.

Clean grip is the go if you can manage it. Otherwose whatever allows you get the work done. :)

Tim.

ive found with the lower back issues my job causes me front squats seem to give a hell of a lot grief than back squats for whatever reason that is...