• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

German Volume Training?

You're kind of contradicting yourself here.

He used them to enhance his PERFORMANCE. Not to look like Arnie.

How he looks (within reason obviously) has a minor impact on how he performs..especially in cycling.

My brothers girlfriend brother (sounds long but really isn't lol) holds a few world records for cycling and raced the tour down under this year and he doesn't look like he would be fast as shit on a bike, but he is. Doesn't have huge legs, kind of lean, small arms, just looks like an average guy that is in decent shape.

I think Oni said he was a sprint cyclist, they normally have huge legs. Real ones though not imaginary.

Do you guys measure your wheels flexed or relax? Mine are around 24" flexed.
18359744.jpg

fZCzW.jpg

Don't want to derail the thread too much but they were measured by a tailor for a wedding I was going to and he said they were 27" and they are over 25" now. Waist is 35" if you need comparison

20120216103432.jpg

36 inch waist.
27.5 inch quads.

Noway are your quads even close to 27 inches.

Maybe you read the wrong side of the measuring tape and they are actually 27cm?

Last edited:
Posting in the waist debate thread.

35" at 115 kegs. How the fuck is yours 35" at 65kgs.

Back to the thread, i found GVT was a good break from constant heavy punishment, and did wonders for my joints and ligments while still hammering the muscles. I would probably do it for short bursts though, 2-3 week stint to get a break from your usual routine and hit some of those "other" fibres, as i got pretty fucking bored easily.

Remember, its all about tempo, 4-5 second negative's on EVERY REP or it doesnt count.

posting in the waist debate thread.

35" at 115 kegs. How the fuck is yours 35" at 65kgs.

Back to the thread, i found gvt was a good break from constant heavy punishment, and did wonders for my joints and ligments while still hammering the muscles. I would probably do it for short bursts though, 2-3 week stint to get a break from your usual routine and hit some of those "other" fibres, as i got pretty fucking bored easily.

Remember, its all about tempo, 4-5 second negative's on every rep or it doesnt count.

lol

4-5 second negatives otherwise it doesn't count. why not do 10-20 seconds negatives otherwise it doesnt count

hey ..heyy ....heyyy,

your hatorade:niceness must be incorrectly mixed this evening.

easy on the noob lol

4-5 second negs on squats would suck lol

Now that gear has been brought up it should probably be pointed out that GVT was popularised by Olympic Weightlifters from yester year who wanted to move up a weight class in the off season