• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Has anyone lost a large amount of weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of wondering why you can't do it like people on TV (you don't see much of what's actually happening behind the scene), focus on following the information you're given here. People on this forum have access to the same things you do and they can make it work for them. People on TV shows have access to things that we don't. You can't follow them.

Plus everyone who loses weight, thinks that their way is the right way or the best way and that they are suddenly an expert on weight loss. The clothesline diet. Jenny craigs, Betty Baxter, Tony Ferguson, Weight Watchers, Biggest Loser, Slim shakes, Liteneasy...

Taking weight loss pills like Xenical

Eat right for your blood type

Raw juices

Lemon juice detox

The list goes on and on. If you lose weight doing something then you think it is gospel. You obviously have success training people... i guess??

But you have had 2 obese clients you say?

Is that how you know what you are talking about? Or are you gauging all this off of regular weight people and doing the sums about what would work for the obese?

You lose muscle and ruin your metabolism by under eating so you then hve a crap metabolism when you finish the diet. You go back to eating normally again and boom weight comes back, then depression then crapper food then more weight and you find you are not really eating that much but putting on weight. You are also making your own choices which you didn't before it was all planned out for you without you needing any control. Once you have all this control back you av learnt nothing and not lost the weight in a sustainable way, put two and two together and your fat and depressed again.

That is why I said you are not on a diet but are eating healthy, you are learning and enforcing healthy habits not temporary crap fixes (similar to the doc putting you on drugs and a behavioural pyschologist working through your problems with you).
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't have to answer that if you don't want to PTC. I'm not trying to be rude here i just want you to understand the frustration i am feeling. I don't know who to trust and that is why i am not going to easily believe 100% of your article.

You don't have to answer that if you don't want to PTC. I'm not trying to be rude here i just want you to understand the frustration i am feeling. I don't know who to trust and that is why i am not going to easily believe 100% of your article.

Markos is a freak. He knows almost everything there is to know about body recomposition. He doesnt just repeat what he reads but has actually tested his theories. I have followed what he preaches and have lost 33kg and still steadily dropping. I owe it all to him.

He knows what you need to do, and he is brutally honest and straight to the point. Exactly what overweight/obese people need.

He's not trying to sell you anything. Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers & the rest are.

BigJim you lost at an average rate of 1.375 kg a week over 6 months didn't you?

Does that mean under half of what you lost is fat.. the rest is muscle? Because you can only lose 500g of fat a week?

Big Jim works his muscles he might have gained muscle, those shake dieters don't work their muscles or even eat that well and therefore lose lots of important muscle while they are losing their fat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

I already said you couldnt do it, for the sole reason that you have no understanding of how the body works.

Good luck in your endeavours, I outa here lol

The reason i want to buy those products is because i've talked to real life people who have done it and had it work. A girl at my work went from about size 20 to size 8 with weight watchers. The only exercise she did was walking.

And in a shake weight loss forum i talked to one person who lost over 100 kilos, then they put her on the commercials. I know she was a real person. I know someone who lost lots of weight with lapbanding, and another person who got it and didn't lose anything after the initial 10-15kilo dramatic loss.

If i see it working for other people i want to try it. That girl from work never regained the weight and neither has the shake diet person.

I'm at the end of my rope and i can't stand to do yet another diet... and regain. I'm going to try the weights thing, i believe everyone about making yourself strong. I am taking in what everyone says here and i do appreciate it. None of you have anything to gain by wasting time explaining it to me, so i do honestly thank you.

It is hard to retrain your brain and think a totally different way. I have been trying to make this happen for sooo long. I have never been a proper healthy weight in my adult life. I wouldn't know myself. I think i should be eating 900 calories a day and working out like a dog if i want to lose weight. Or that i should be replacing meals with shakes. 6 meals and 15 mins exercise a day ... it's hard to comprehend

Don't worry about me for a while, i'm going to re-read everything. I'll update on tuesday. :)

This is going round in circles.
OC you are just questioning everything for the sake of it now. You have lots of good advice now, so do something about it.

I am doing something about it though Shrek. I have already said i am changing lots of things. I'm not asking for the sake of it. I'm asking because i am interested and it seems like people here have good knowledge. I have already went out and got a whole new list of food to what i usually eat, and multivitamins. I found my weights and started using them.

The PTC article says this:

So in order for your muscles to repair and get bigger, we need to feed it protein every 2-3 hours. This is an anabolic environment. How much protein? I believe around 4gms of protein for every kilogram of bodyweight is ideal for building maximum muscle mass

But then they came in here and said no... i need to only count 50kilos of my weight when working out protein. That's a big difference to what i read in the article. Did i misunderstand it?

I was thinking i had to eat 500 grams of protein a day (For 125kg of weight), now i learn that it is 200 grams of protein or less that i should eat.

That is confusing to me personally. Don't explain it to me if you don't want to. No one owes me anything and i don't expect anything. Just let my message die. I hate conflict and now i feel like i've annoyed a heap of people.

I don't know what a modo is either? lol

Thanks peoples

:)

Markos did not make that statement with obese people in mind, you are an exception to the norm due to your exceptional circumstances.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am doing something about it though Shrek. I have already said i am changing lots of things. I'm not asking for the sake of it. I'm asking because i am interested and it seems like people here have good knowledge. I have already went out and got a whole new list of food to what i usually eat, and multivitamins. I found my weights and started using them.

The PTC article says this:

So in order for your muscles to repair and get bigger, we need to feed it protein every 2-3 hours. This is an anabolic environment. How much protein? I believe around 4gms of protein for every kilogram of bodyweight is ideal for building maximum muscle mass

But then they came in here and said no... i need to only count 50kilos of my weight when working out protein. That's a big difference to what i read in the article. Did i misunderstand it?

I was thinking i had to eat 500 grams of protein a day (For 125kg of weight), now i learn that it is 200 grams of protein or less that i should eat.

That is confusing to me personally. Don't explain it to me if you don't want to. No one owes me anything and i don't expect anything. Just let my message die. I hate conflict and now i feel like i've annoyed a heap of people.

I don't know what a modo is either? lol

Thanks peoples

:)

You are taking in protein to repair your muscle mass.. you have very litte muscle mass so body weight does not apply to you anymore then bmi applies to a bodybuilder...

The world runs off $$$$ and people try to sell things to ignorant people to make $$$$.

There is a difference between fat loss and weightloss... If you want weight loss eat 1 carrott a day and you iwll loose alot of weight and die in the process..

Fat loss is another story...

No more questions on advice...

Lets results speak for themselves..

It doesnt matter if you dont understand what we say just do it..

You can go spend 4 years at uni if you want to under stand chemistry and the human body... Until then take advice from people that already know.

No one here is trying to sell you anything so what do you think our motive is? Perhaps its because we know the truth...

Muscle burns calories doing nothing.. Fat makes you fatter through hormones it releases and enzymes it contains...

No more questions re read every thing here...

This is going round in circles.
OC you are just questioning everything for the sake of it now. You have lots of good advice now, so do something about it.

Agreed. Stop questioning everything that has been written and just do it. Nothing is going to change if you keep trying to find shortcuts or easier ways.

"There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif][/FONT]

I'm curious to the workout she is doing. She wants to loose 2kg a week.. That's a few really good hiit sessions at high intensity and some good weights seission at least. When I was new I didn't know how to do that without someone physically showing me. Do you reckon the advice on getting a trainer will sink in?
Posted via Mobile Device

I said 1 - 2 kilos. 1 kilo being the average, and anything higher being a bonus.
I don't want a personal trainer like i already explained. I am not going to a gym... i don't expect consistant 1-2 kilo losses for a year, for the first 4-6 months i would expect to average about 1kilo per week because of my size.

I have "just done it" lots of times BigJim. How many times have you lost weight? I can bet you i have given it just as much commitment as you have. I have done it several times. Men lose weight faster than women... so you can't compare our numbers

I want to fine tune what i am doing. This is really serious to me. I'm making sure i have it right. If i didn't keep asking questions i wouldn't have known that the article wasn't relevant to me. Someone here told me to read it so i thought it would apply to me. I'm glad i asked. Otherwise i would have eaten 500grams of protein instead of 200grams of protein.

Not everyone on this website says the same thing. I looked at meal plans, everyone has their own version of what works. That's what i am working out, my version of things from what i have read here and what i already knew.

I am interested in everything to do with weightloss because it is life or death for me. Not about looking good anymore.

Why would this be a pisstake? What a massive waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.