• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How soon to drink whey protien isolate after mixing with water.

E

ebinmoothedam

Hi

Just a quick question regarding mixing whey protein isolate with water as I couldn't find a similar post.

I just started hitting the gym on a regular basis and also starter using bulk nutrients (thanks to this forum to help me decide what to have) after I finish my work out. My question is how soon do you all drink once you mix it with water /milk.

I mix it in my shaker when i leave home and drink this after my workout. Thats like almost after one hour. Will it give the same effect as mixing it and drinking instantly. Will the quality of the contents deterioate as they are suspended in water for almost an hour ? I find the shake has a slight bitter taste combined with the chocolate flavor. Is it normal ? I use the BN WPI Chocolate flavor.

Anyone thought about this or any ideas ?

Cheers

I mix and drink after w/o. Mixing it an hour beforehand isn't going to make any difference. Do whatever's easiest for you.

Why are you mixing it before the workout? Just put a scoop of powder in your shaker before your workout, then add water as soon as you're finished.

BN have even got a shaker where you can have the powder in the base and liquid in the main chamber. Screw off the base, toss in the powder when you are ready. Or just use a normal shaker and add water at the gym.

WPI is a highly processed form of powder without all the lactose and stuff you get with WPC. On a hot day you are better off mixing it right before you drink as it will break down fairly quickly on a warm day. Take a sniff of your empty unwashed container after a few hours in your gym bag.

Why are you mixing it before the workout? Just put a scoop of powder in your shaker before your workout, then add water as soon as you're finished.
Never thought of that. What a great idea .Thanks mate

Never thought of that thanks mate for the great idea

BN have even got a shaker where you can have the powder in the base and liquid in the main chamber. Screw off the base, toss in the powder when you are ready. Or just use a normal shaker and add water at the gym.

WPI is a highly processed form of powder without all the lactose and stuff you get with WPC. On a hot day you are better off mixing it right before you drink as it will break down fairly quickly on a warm day. Take a sniff of your empty unwashed container after a few hours in your gym bag.
Will have a look at that shaker. I use a Kmart one which serves the purpose though.

I find they don't mix properly if you put powder in first. I've got loads of shakers, some with the extra chamber but I'm pretty picky of the ones I use, heaps of them are crap so only use one or two out of the 20+ that I've got. Or just get a small plastic container and put a scoop in that. You can get packs of 3 for under $5

I can't when I've trained properly... You must only be going half assed in the gym if you can still shake your shake :p

Nah, it leaves a but clump at the bottom, but I have at least two scoops in there

Mine also forms tiny lumps but I just chew them and swallow.

Previous to this I was using some protein powder I brought from Coles. The consistency and taste was good. But hey, it's got less protein and is expensive too

It will be fine - no different.

I mix my shakes the night before - for the next day so they are ready to go.

I mix and drink mine straight away. I cant imagine leaving it. I just think of warmish thick milk.

I have a big bottle of water with me always when I am in the gym. Once I'm done with the workout I drink the "pre-mixed by me" protein shake while sitting in the car and resting for like 10 minutes before I go back home.

Never thought of that thanks mate for the great idea

Really????:confused: And no it's not a great idea it's what everyone does anyway:p

I mix and drink mine straight away. I cant imagine leaving it. I just think of warmish thick milk.

Yep same here, and I always add a few ice cubes when mixing my shake, makes it heaps better.

It will be fine - no different.
I mix my shakes the night before - for the next day so they are ready to go.

It takes like 10 seconds to mix your shake, ie add water/milk what ever powder and shake, and drink, why would you need to mix it the day before??

Last edited:
Really????:confused: And no it's not a great idea it's what everyone does anyway:p

Yep same here, and I always add a few ice cubes when mixing my shake, makes it heaps better.

It takes like 10 seconds to mix your shake, ie add water/milk what ever powder and shake, and drink, why would you need to mix it the day before??

Simply do it with my other food prep for the next day - also I like it to be cold as hell - so being in the fridge all night works a treat.