• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
K

Krappa

Hey all,

New to forum and haven't taken any steroids in the past.

Went to GP to get bloods done for sake of curiosity and came back with a result of 17.1 nmol/L (11.5-32.0). For a 22 y/o male, I argued results were on the low side but the GP assured that levels were healthy as they are in range.

Light google search: average levels for a <25 y/o male are 24.2 nmol/L. That's pretty sh*tty to say the least.

Just wanted a second opinion on the results and what my options are from here?

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks all,

Hoped they could be better but it is what it is. I'll try get more sleep

"Within range" is bullshit. You are low for you age. You should be at the upper limit.

No, you don't need to go on HRT, TRT or test "boosting" supplements (they are all bogus). You just need to eat right, get 8-9 hours solid sleep every night and go do some deadlifts until you can't lift anymore. That should fix it.

There have always been males with low test, but never so many at once as we have now. Reasons for this are many, including pollution, diet and modern lifestyles. The "range" is just a way for doctors to avoid looking deeper on an individual basis. e.g. Your cholesterol may be "in range" but you can still die of a heart attack. There are many more factors at work.

"Within range" is bullshit. You are low for you age. You should be at the upper limit.

No, you don't need to go on HRT, TRT or test "boosting" supplements (they are all bogus). You just need to eat right, get 8-9 hours solid sleep every night and go do some deadlifts until you can't lift anymore. That should fix it.

There have always been males with low test, but never so many at once as we have now. Reasons for this are many, including pollution, diet and modern lifestyles. The "range" is just a way for doctors to avoid looking deeper on an individual basis. e.g. Your cholesterol may be "in range" but you can still die of a heart attack. There are many more factors at work.

Thanks man, results have been a wake up call. Trying the best to cope with a shitty 8-6 job and always figured lack of sleep was a big issue.

You are fine.

Below averge isn't a problem. It's an average, by definition some people have to be below the averge and having levels below averge isn't a sign of a problem.

GPs aren't stupid. They know that young guys go get levels tested to try and get legal roids instead of going to the local dealer.

As for Woody saying their have never been so many low test males, is that actually the case? Demanding to the GP a test of your hormones is a recent phenomenon. Those that do ask for a test is likely a self selecting group for low test anyway.

5'8, 70kg/18% bf if i had to guess, 1.5 years on and off (got serious about it in 2017)

1RMs
Bench - 90
Squat - 140
Dead - 170

Not the strongest by any means but pretty happy

As for Woody saying their have never been so many low test males, is that actually the case?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/25/health/sperm-counts-declining-study/index.html

Sperm counts of men in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand are plunging, according to a new analysis published Tuesday.

Among these men there has been a 52% decline in sperm concentration and a 59% decline in total sperm count over a nearly 40-year period ending in 2011, the analysis, published in the journal Human Reproduction

https://academic.oup.com/humupd/art...ral-trends-in-sperm-count-a-systematic-review

They reduce testosterone by spraying oestrogen in the air from commercial airliners. Chemtrails is reel 'n so are lizard aliens.

They reduce testosterone by spraying oestrogen in the air from commercial airliners. Chemtrails is reel 'n so are lizard aliens.
Oh no. I see planes going over every day. I'm fucked. What should I do? Will tin foil jocks help?

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

[MENTION=19098]Krappa[/MENTION] ;
if you're in Melbourne, you can visit the Melbourne Sports and Anti Aging Clinic, get your bloods done and top up to max levels.
Quite expensive though.

Not sure how they work. But regardless, its illegal for a Dr to prescribe testosterone unles bloods show under 6.0 or thereabouts. I think these 'anti-ageing' clinics get you in for a buch of expensive bloods, then say 'sorry, we cant prescibe' but these other 'products may help.
Very pricey.
I may be wrong. But Drs simply arent allowed to prescribe without the patient meeting certain criteria. The main one being blood levels lower than 6.0.