• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
J

JoJo677

Husband and I are seriously considering opening a small lifters gym in a light industrial shed in conjunction with a well known brand. I was wondering if there are many lifters in the Redcliffe Peninsula area and surrounding areas? Also how far would you guys travel to frequent a friendly Power Lifting gym?

We have been warned that there is not enough need in that area, and to go closer to Caboolture. What do you guys think??

Kippa-Ring or something? Interesting. Theres only a few Jetts and Snaps around there isn't there.

Yeah. There is a snap in kippa-ring. There is a Healthworks in Redcliffe (been there, nice commercial gym) ther is a Max 24 in Scarborough. I think the Jetta back at Mango Hill.

First thing is, is this a business or a hobby? Getting enough people to pay the facility rent etc is pretty easy, getting enough to replace one or more full-time jobs is a different and harder thing.

Second is, quality of coaching. Most people won't travel more than ten minutes or 2km to a gym, because most people don't want and can't get decent coaching there from the 19yo AIF graduate. But if there is good coaching, people will travel for it, I am in Clayton in Melbourne and have had people from Geelong and Mornington, Markos at PTC in Carrum Downs has had many more and from much further. Obviously most of your people will be within half an hour's drive, but if you can offer good coaching then some more will come from further.

Lastly, and this ties into the first two, decide if you want to be a traditional black iron gym (dirty toilets, rusty barbells, no aircon, Pantera playing) or something fancier (toilets cleaned 3 times a day, place vacced every day, good equipment well-maintained, etc). The first gets you the hardcore lifters, who are mostly broke and/or stingy, but hey your gym gets to be known for setting records; the second gets you 40yo accountants and stay-at-home parents, no records set but you earn money.

Lots of other stuff but some things to consider.

Love your reply Kyle :)

These things have def been of consideration.

For us it's not about wether we want to do this, what financial gain we want or what type of gym we want to provide (these have all been decided) but WHERE..

My main focus at the moment is to see if there could be enough interest in Redcliffe area. As Caboolture is 30mins from Redcliffe, I suppose we could get the members providing we offer quality coaching. Whoop!

but WHERE..

My main focus at the moment is to see if there could be enough interest in Redcliffe area. As Caboolture is 30mins from Redcliffe, I suppose we could get the members providing we offer quality coaching. Whoop!

Your own Market research and due diligence of the area could help provide the answer to WHERE.
You should know how many gyms are in your area by now.
Also considering the amount of people who commute from Redcliffe to Brisbane daily. Do these people stop at a gym around the Brisbane area after work then commute back to Redcliffe? Maybe...and if so can you target these people to join your gym?
Cheers