• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mike Mentzer - Frequency less as GROW BIGGER

i wouldn't be putting too much thought into being bigger than Rambo / Sly Stallone, since he'd be a regular user of growth hormone. Steve Reeves & Vince Gironda were 2 great athletes

They were the real deal.

It's funny but all the big guys I knew in the 80's and 90's are just regular guys now. Most are balding little shadows of thier former selves.

I don't want to harp on about the drug free thing but I am still here.

When ever the old guys bump into me I get amazed reactions from them. Sadly the most common thing they tend to say is " Don't you ever wish you had put all of that time effort and money into a degree or something? "

There is a fairly empty destination at the end of training on gear. Even if you make it to the top.

Tom Platz is now a small long haired car sales man for a chrisler dealership. Hope he is ok since chrisler went under.

Train to be well and happy!:)

Platz Now
tom_platz_golf.jpg

146830.jpg

i wouldn't be putting too much thought into being bigger than Rambo / Sly Stallone, since he'd be a regular user of growth hormone. Steve Reeves & Vince Gironda were 2 great athletes

Last edited:
no offence, i don't see why you quoted me. My point was that Sly Stallone was using gear during Rocky, Rambo & probably during his other films

Good call Shrek!!!

Dead on!:)

Hey Shrek Just noticed your photobucket name stormtrooper.

I am vader for 501st and Novus Ordo. Did the powerhouse Museum Star Wars, News Weather TV etc.

Me at a photo shoot
vader-photo_1125895i.jpg

Let me know if you ever want to be a real Stormtrooper. LOL

Tom looks like actor Kurt Russell these days

tom_platz_golf.jpg
kurt-russell-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Vader-Mentzer

Hey, total newbie here - was actually drawn to the forums by the use of Mentzer's name by Vader.

I used to work out as this guy recommended all the time - except as I was younger, I would get away with less rest and would work out 3 times a week (chest/shoulder/tris, back/bis, legs) although only with 1-2 sets per bodypart. As I have gotten older, I am sure I need more rest (currently 36.) Would also like to drop some pounds too, although not many - perhaps 10.

Here's my questions; I love the spaced out workout V-N put together in the first post in this thread - is there room for cardio in there? Or does that impair the whole HIIT thing? Also, what is a 'mentzer friendly' diet like? A standard bodybuilding diet? I get the feeling he advocates less calories daily than usual, and just recommends a healthy diet. Also, VN, I would be interested in seeing your actual workouts for those days.

I have read some of his books on this but never seem to get the hang of either of these two concepts. Would love to hear what you think.

Cheers,

SD

The cardio would be a no no to mentzer but I like to walk on rest day 2 just to feel well.

To Mentzer calories were all maths. Work out your maintinence count and add a bit extra to gain or cut back calories to trim. He advocated normal food pyramid balace too.

Personally I combat muscle soreness by having an egg shake before bed and scrambled egg whites for breakie.

I wouldn't simply cut the training volume down just for the sake of doing less.

You do less as you get bigger.

My arms are nearly back to full size.

All depends on economy of recovery. As you reach critical mass you need to keep it regulated or you will overtrain.

Best

Rob

Hey, total newbie here - was actually drawn to the forums by the use of Mentzer's name by Vader.

I used to work out as this guy recommended all the time - except as I was younger, I would get away with less rest and would work out 3 times a week (chest/shoulder/tris, back/bis, legs) although only with 1-2 sets per bodypart. As I have gotten older, I am sure I need more rest (currently 36.) Would also like to drop some pounds too, although not many - perhaps 10.

Here's my questions; I love the spaced out workout V-N put together in the first post in this thread - is there room for cardio in there? Or does that impair the whole HIIT thing? Also, what is a 'mentzer friendly' diet like? A standard bodybuilding diet? I get the feeling he advocates less calories daily than usual, and just recommends a healthy diet. Also, VN, I would be interested in seeing your actual workouts for those days.

I have read some of his books on this but never seem to get the hang of either of these two concepts. Would love to hear what you think.

Cheers,

SD

Good call Shrek!!!

Dead on!:)

Hey Shrek Just noticed your photobucket name stormtrooper.

I am vader for 501st and Novus Ordo. Did the powerhouse Museum Star Wars, News Weather TV etc.

Me at a photo shoot
vader-photo_1125895i.jpg

Let me know if you ever want to be a real Stormtrooper. LOL
haha for sure, how do i become a real one?

Hey Shrek dude,

I will be Vadering at Sydney at this childrens fund raiser with the rest of the gang. Stormtroopers will be there too.

SciFi Sydney | Science Fiction Sydney Convention for Charity: 21 and 22 NOV, 2009

Come and say hi and we'll take it from there.

It's basically an elite group of costumers who are fans. We do a lot of fund raiser charity work and Lucasfilm promotional work. Powerhouse Museum....., parades, Toys R us etc.

It's a lot of fun.

In martin place I get as much attention as Brad Pit....... just a shame I need to stick a black bucket over my head to be famous. LOL

Best

Rob

PS the Vader in the video ad is Revenge Of The Sith. ( Not Me )

I am Empire Strikes Back so I do a lot of " Luke I Am Your Father" and force choke pics with fans

Here is me with a fan

TAG-NSWTroopActivision16-05-08025.jpg

haha for sure, how do i become a real one?

Last edited:
In martin place I get as much attention as Brad Pit....... just a shame I need to stick a black bucket over my head to be famous. LOL

Ah you're one funny guy Rob! Full of energy I might add which is so great. All the best Yoda!

Fadi.

I might come along with my girls. But I hope the youngest one doesn't get nightmares after seeing you Rob :D!

Fadi.

That would be great!

Should be a fairly low key, laid back family event.

The R2-D2 Builders are truly amazing. Don't forget your camera.
Hope to see you there.

Ask for Rob Vader.

:)

Sounds like my sort of thing, I do prefer the original 3, but to be honest I've not seen all the other 3 prequels.

Any plans to bring the event to Melb?

Mike.

P.S Star Trek (Kirk and co) beats Star Wars any day. :D

Last edited: