• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mike Mentzer - Frequency less as GROW BIGGER

How about Blakes 7:)

Hey, Yep I liked Blakes 7 when I was a kid but havent really thought about it for ages. I wonder how it has stood the test of time?

And your signature........

BB look like they can lift..... ahem.

NOT ME

Dead Lifting in small country Cowra indoor cricket Centre Gym, about 18 years ago, I had a 6 foot 1"thick, mild steel chrome bar bend like a banana and all the 50Lb plates fell off on the floor. It was up stairs and the whole centre stopped and ran up to see what had happened. There were 5 x 50 Lb on each end of the bar. 525LB. Was a cool feeling to have the bar bend in my bare hands. Will never forget it. I had an audience during the lift and then a huge stampede audience arrived to see the carnage.

Was a good day.:):):)

238kg, pretty good Vader. You are an exception. Most guys weigh more than my Bro and I at our gym and they don't lift as heavy most of the time, except Bench Press of course. Though it doesn't count as they don't touch their chest once they go above 2 plates. :(

I agree with Mike's signature for 95% of BB'ers.

238kg, pretty good Vader. You are an exception. Most guys weigh more than my Bro and I at our gym and they don't lift as heavy most of the time, except Bench Press of course. Though it doesn't count as they don't touch their chest once they go above 2 plates. :(

I agree with Mike's signature for 95% of BB'ers.

I guess I do to!

Since my back injury in 2002 when I had to learn to walk again, I dont do a lot of heavy barbell stuff. I can get better results without injury by working with machines.

BUT

Machine must have direct resistance. Moves fast without drag and is actual tonnage applied to the user.

You can always tell when a machine is crap by the leverage factor. All my stuff has no mechanical advantage.

I was at physio for my torn hamstring and they had posh stuff there. The cable crossover had lots of pulleys on it. I pushed the D handle down with the whole 80kg stack. One hand. Might as well have been a winch or lifting tackle block. Plus... I hadn't been training for 2 years.

Machines are OK. Just not many. Price and brand are no guarantee they are good either. Must be direct.:)

My point. I only train super heavy on machines since the injury.