• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Monthly Challenges

What was it Pistacchio, I don't remember and had you said something I would've added it? Don't cry please. :)

I agree it should be something we can do at home.

So are we going to get a list of options and get a vote happening soon?

PLP sounds ok - but is this something everyone can do at home? Personally I have nothing to do a pull-up on.

Not directing the bump at you Groar :)

Just trying to get some suggestions put forward.

Has enthusiasm died out for these challenges?

Instead of having challenge as doing x things per day why not see who can improve the most in the month.

For example max rep chinups (or any excersize / lift / body measurement) to failure on the 1st is 5 then on the 31st might be say 15 using what ever training method they choose.

Ok my idea / can be adapted or refined a bit.

I think everyone needs work on their core and abs.

And this would serve to work at home - no equipment needed.

"Crunch Month"

Do each of these once a week, say generally 3 sets of 15. Add more reps as needed, as the month progresses.
Floor Crunch (3 sets of 20)
Horizontal leg raise (3 sets of 15-20)
Hover/plank (till failure? Or 3 mins)
Air bike (3 sets of 15-20)
Floor toe reach (3 sets of 15)
Side plank (45 seconds)
Tripod hover/plank (3 mins)

Can do these alongside your current workouts (so it doesn't have to be daily, as long as you get them all in each week), or do 1 a day and cycle them through. I listed 7 specifically for this reason.

Feel free to do extra as well, you might aim to do them all twice a week, depending on your current level.

Gives some flexibility and no need for this "catching up" business?