• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Monthly Challenges

id be up for the push up one, id hit up the diamonds and get some mass on the tris 2 build da bench

I remember reading something somewhere about doing arms twice a day for a week or a month and gaining an inch.

While I reckon it wouldn't work, I'd be interested to see that run as a trial.

I remember reading something somewhere about doing arms twice a day for a week or a month and gaining an inch.

and they forget to tell you the people doing the study had never touched a weight in their life hehehe :p

I shiver at the thought of 20 rep squats each day, to be honest, I think the average person would be severely fucked up from even a few days of this, unless lifting a very gay weight.

Edit: how about a sandbag challenge, pickups to OH or alternating shoulders, adding a rep each day. I know even with my light 30kg bag these really get me puffing like mad.

Last edited:

Pretty sure that was a T-Nation article... There was also that 1 day arm cure where you did a set of curls every half hour or something along those lines...

I have these suggestions so far:

20 reps squats every day
30 chins
50 or 100 push ups or diamond push ups
50 sit ups
10 min planks (over a few sets)
Burpees (amount to be determined)
Mixture - ie Squat / Chin / Push up
Leg Raises
Pushup/Lunge/Chinup combo

Anymore before i sstart the poll?

Last edited:
I have these suggestions so far:

20 reps squats every day
30 chins
50 sit ups
Leg Raises

Anymore before i sstart the poll?

Add in burpees + chin/pull up

20 reps squats every day
30 chins
50 sit ups
Leg Raises
burpees + chin/pull up

I stand by my comment that it needs to be a muscle / muscle group rather than a compound exercise / series of exercises. PPL used a variety of exercises to train their calf muscles - this is irrelevant - the point is, they trained daily and the before / after shows the fruits of their work.

AUGUST = QUADS!

I stand by my comment that it needs to be a muscle / muscle group rather than a compound exercise / series of exercises. PPL used a variety of exercises to train their calf muscles - this is irrelevant - the point is, they trained daily and the before / after shows the fruits of their work.

AUGUST = QUADS!

good point!

I'd be in for quads. Starting from having nano quads now. Lots of room for improvement!

What can you do at home for quads? oh god, not lunges.... *dies of boredom*

Burpees fry the quads :(

yes they do...they fry more than just quads though :D

I'd be in for burpees. Love them burpees!

171418329536814198_MbiRXtem_b.jpg