• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Monthly Challenges

What about 50 push ups every day, how ever many sets it takes?
ehehehe

It's a challenge, not meant to be easy.

What about BW chins 30 reps everyday. How ever many sets it takes to complete 30 reps?

100 burpees

In for chins or burpees!! :D
50 pushups too easy. Make it 100!! (Just watch the wrists...that's how I got tendonitis...)

Squats too hard for those of us who can't get to a gym every day. :(

Coming into summer I wouldn't mind hitting the ol' abdominals hard for a month, just bought my dreamworld yearly pass :-D... Whitewater world look out

20 rep squats every day? fuck that. end of story. lol

1.5xbw static holds till total grip failure every day. and i mean TOTAL failure.

I agree with Mr sky! 100 crunches a day? More if you can do it?

Diet perfect though. No point eating surplus cals if your working the abdominals.

20 squats a day are achievable? But it has to be like the calf challenge & no specific weight? I could squat 3 x a week & increase from 60kgs but on 'off' days I'd keep it at empty bar squats?

I dunno, it just needs to be something everyone can do. Even without a bb, you can still squat. I do at least 10 @ bw everyday in the morning after I get out of bed to check my form & ensure I'm pushing my arse out. lol

We have a few days to decide....

Last edited:
Crunches or situps x 100. Gets my vote. or something along those lines...

Everyone can do with a stronger core

Hey everyone, plain old crunches are a bit of a useless exercise and DO NOT lead to a stronger core.

Just putting it out there before it's an everyday thing for a month :eek:

If you want something better for your core but don't want planking ...
You could substitute pikes or lying leg raises or lateral crunches (off a bench, full range) or something like that.
Dragon flys would do it too.

Pushup/Lunge/Chinup combo. Add 1 rep every day. If you start at 1 rep it's very easy. I'd probably start at 10 or so.

Just so you know this is the exact thing I was doing a while back to get to my max pullups ever. Works very well for bw stuff. (I did it for 2 months)

Like the idea of chinups, it's something I've always wantwed to increase.

Just an idea (and it's 6 weeks not a month) but a few mates tried the "100 pushup challenge". It's a set structure designed to get you doing 100 pushups in a row in 6 weeks, pretty good feat. They did pretty well, they didn't finish but they got to about 70 in a row.

one hundred push ups

Thought a thread like this might pop up.

I would just say whatever the challenge is for any month, that it is something people can do at home, preferably without needing any equipment... a lot of people wouldn't have anything at home? I know I don't and I won't be going to the gym beyond my 3 sessions each week.

Also something that wouldn't compromise people's programs - just something supplementary. The calf one is a great example.