• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Monthly Challenges

The poll will be going up around 6.30.
So far I have:

20 reps squats every day
30 chins
50 or 100 push ups or diamond push ups
50 sit ups
10 min planks (over a few sets)
Burpees (amount to be determined)
Mixture - ie Squat / Chin / Push up
Leg Raises
Pushup/Lunge/Chinup combo
burpees + chin/pull up
Bw squats or lunges. (add 3 each day)

Bump for Septembers challenge.
Throw up some ideas and I'll start a poll in the next day or so.

50 pull ups

Bump for Septembers challenge.
Throw up some ideas and I'll start a poll in the next day or so.

50 pull ups

50 pendlay rows
will help those with bad posture, will help with thickening the back for bench and size, will help with scap retraction on all lifts where its needed...

at least this will have ment benefits, and hopefully more drive, now that im off season im up for challenges, push up challenge went out the window for me when i started getting into 6s and 5s in my last cycle lol

I'm really liking the chin-up option. Something I need work on and so will do me the world of good. Just like the push-ups have.

I also like the option of starting at 10 and then adding 1 for each day. It could be a straight 30 per day. Others like me might struggle at first but we could just do the negatives to help us improve.

50 pendlay rows
will help those with bad posture, will help with thickening the back for bench and size, will help with scap retraction on all lifts where its needed...

at least this will have ment benefits, and hopefully more drive, now that im off season im up for challenges, push up challenge went out the window for me when i started getting into 6s and 5s in my last cycle lol

^^ Something along these lines I think would be best. The challenges should target weak spots, or muscles that rarely get isolated.

Saying that, I was thinking getting people to do pistols (one legged squats) since people should have strong legs, but wither or not that means they can do pistols would be interesting.

^^ Something along these lines I think would be best. The challenges should target weak spots, or muscles that rarely get isolated.

Saying that, I was thinking getting people to do pistols (one legged squats) since people should have strong legs, but wither or not that means they can do pistols would be interesting.

that was the plan, hit weak spots that are often forgotten about or pushed aside. pistol squats are brutal!

Are we going to try and make these challenges something that people "can do at home", if it is meant to be a daily challenge?

As a lot of people won't have the gear required to do some (myself included). e.g. I like the idea of pendlay rows for example, but I could only do them on gym days.

I would suggest the arms challenge i suggested last month, but it didn't get included in the list of suggestions (or the poll), so i won't bother

I would suggest the arms challenge i suggested last month, but it didn't get included in the list of suggestions (or the poll), so i won't bother

Put it forward for this months poll? May have simply been missed in the pages of suggestions? I'm keen to hear your suggestion at minimum.