• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle Motion Power rack

eaglebay

My power rack, barbell and plates arrived today from gym direct. I could not find anywhere in Perth that could match Adrian's quote, even with shipping included I saved about $300.

The main reason for this is the fact that gym direct has bundle packages, where over here you are paying retail price for everything.

I sourced the body solid flat/incline bench locally from the gumtree online sales for $120, fair price imho. The guy obviously looked like he never used it as he was a bit of a bean pole!

I would urge anyone from Perth to consider purchasing from the eastern states if you are thinking about buying a power rack.

Went together easier enough, some of the tubing was out of square at the ends where they slide into the bottom rail , I put this down to shipping abuse as the boxes were looking a little rough.

Here are some pics of the set up in my shed, I need to get some rubber flooring but the carpet is better than nothing for the time being. Couple of posters, a fan and maybe some music wouldnt hurt either!

Overall very happy with my purchase, should make my training less of a chore from now on;)

P1000287.jpg

P1000288.jpg

P1000289.jpg

I agree with haz. The quality is great for the price, there are plenty of cheaper racks around but they seem short and narrow. I like some room when I am squatting! The chin up bars on these are awesome, plenty of different positions to work with.

The powertec was another rack I considered but I the money I saved paid for the olympic barbell.

I used it for the first time tonight and didnt find any problems with the location of the holes. The third pin is perfect for bench pressing with my bench, this may be different with another make of bench. I failed on my last rep and simply placed it down towards my stomach and rolled it forward so I could sit up, feel very safe benching now!

Go for it mate, its the best thing I have spent money on in ages

This and the powertec are the best around.

I like the powertec a little more because samsfitness are really good to me and the rack is stronger and is more space efficient.

thats a nice looking rack you got there though.

Looks sweet as. Wish I had the space for it. So, what was the rough cost all up to date?

House might be going on the market after christmas and may be forced to rent while our new place gets built, I hope there will be room to set it up in the rental..

About 1300 so far, need to get a weight tree then im sorted!

House might be going on the market after christmas and may be forced to rent while our new place gets built, I hope there will be room to set it up in the rental..

About 1300 so far, need to get a weight tree then im sorted!

Eaglebay, a few little things you could do:

Get rid of the strip of carpet (it moves underfoot anyways) a pair of converse will stop your feet slipping and if not get some horse trailer mat from bunnings 7' wide and a bit longer than your rack and duct tape it around the edges.

Also consider bolting it to the floor (I have a 100kg rack too and it moves like hell when I'm racking my squats and benches).

Another benefit of the bigger 200kg rack is that it has the weight tree fixed to it. When its loaded, the weight of the rack doubles making it immovable

That commercial rack certainly is the ducks nuts!

Cheers for the tips oliver, horse mat is a good idea, was not aware that bunnings sold it.

Ive got some flat non compressible volleys, bit uncomfortable compared to my running shoes bit they do feel a little more stable with weight on my back

Volleys are fine.

I like chucks a little more. You can get them really tight around your feet and the ankle seems to provide some support.

I'd probably buy squat shoes but can't really be bothered incase I screw up the size and have to ship them in from america.

Btw - I reckon your chrome rack would look sweet as sitting on top of black horse trailer mat :p

weight shoes are the same size as regular shoes man, I ordered mine a half size too small and they are a half size too small...

Ordered today from Lily at gymdirect:

1 x commercial muscle motion rack in gunmetal grey
1 x muscle motion commercial flat bench
1 x 700lbs barbell
2 x 1.25kg
2 x 2.5kg
2 x 5kg
2 x 10kg
2 x 15kg
4 x 25kg

Got a set of olympic dumbells as well.

They are out of stock in the 10kg and bench which I won't see til mid Jan, but the rack and the rest of the gear is on the way : ) Won't see it before xmas though : (

Ordered today from Lily at gymdirect:

1 x commercial muscle motion rack in gunmetal grey
1 x muscle motion commercial flat bench
1 x 700lbs barbell
2 x 1.25kg
2 x 2.5kg
2 x 5kg
2 x 10kg
2 x 15kg
4 x 25kg

Got a set of olympic dumbells as well.

They are out of stock in the 10kg and bench which I won't see til mid Jan, but the rack and the rest of the gear is on the way : ) Won't see it before xmas though : (

Curious whats with the 700lb bar? they're not that tough. If I were you I'd quickly change to a 1500lb, otherwise thats a pretty awesome set up.

weight shoes are the same size as regular shoes man, I ordered mine a half size too small and they are a half size too small...

all the crossfiters talk about ordering weightlifting shoes a half size smaller. Its **** confusing.

ABC powerbars are rated to 500kg. Ben has ordered a 320kg rated bar.

He weighs 64kg.

Its going to be fine lol

When you come to PTC for AD10 Oli, you can try before you buy your Olympic lifting shoes, AK comes down with his Zhang Kong shoes, around 6-7 lifters at PTC have them, great shoe.

See you in Jan

Curious whats with the 700lb bar? they're not that tough. If I were you I'd quickly change to a 1500lb, otherwise thats a pretty awesome set up.

The record at PTC for a deadlift at the moment is Chris @ 266kg.

320kg for me is F U C K L O A D S.....