• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No Bull Supplements Beef Jerky Review

We've shipped samples to most customers who submitted their requests by the end of last week. We've received more requests and we'll get around to replying to those customers in the coming days :)

Im not sure if this is the place to put the review but I got my sample of peri peri today and its awesome I had to put it away so I didnt eat it all straight away.

I will be buying a small lot of all flavours to test out, its unfortunate jerky is so expensive to make and therefore buy because its tastes good.

I only get mail twice a week where I live and today was it (Tuesdays and Fridays) and it did not arrive, so I am guessing it will be here Tuesday next week.

Looking forward to it:)

No Bull Beef Jerky Review

So a beef product from a company called “No Bull”. Well at least I know I’m eating a female bovine. Har har.

So to start off I saw this post and contacted No Bull for a sample. I have bought jerky before and quite like it. I also told them I’m personally not a fan of the spicy flavours because I just don’t like spicy stuff. No Bull responded saying they are sending a sample in the mail. Yippee!

My sample arrived today (yeah I know, on a Saturday – don’t ask me why). I opened up my package with anticipation so find they had sent me the peri peri (spicy) flavour. Great*. So I took one for the team and even before lunch, most of the jerky had migrated to my digestive tract and the packet was empty. My thoughts and experiences are as follows.

-The peri peri was not as spicy as I feared. It was still hot and something that will linger in your mouth for a bit. So it’s more of a peppery spiciness rather than a full on chilli explosion.
-I received what I presume is the strips. These were thinnish pieces cut into length of about 5 cm or so. There was some variation in the thickness of each strip.
-Texture was very good. The jerkies I have tried have been a bit of a hit and miss with this as a dry jerky can be a chore to chew and actually scratch up your mouth. This jerky was softer than most. But it also means it isn’t as dry, which in turn means it’s possible it will not store as well.
-General taste was also quite nice with a few exceptions. The good pieces were delicious and I can’t think of any jerky I have tried that would be better. However …
-The spice and flavour seemed to be a bit uneven. Some pieces were noticeably spicier than others. It could have just been due to an extra piece of chilli or two as I am sensitive to this.
-2 pieces out of an approximate 20-25 or so tasted significantly different and off. The first one wasn’t so bad and was still edible. It has perhaps a bit of a burnt flavour. The second odd piece was bad, inedible bad. It was one of those experiences were the first few chews are OK and then onwards you just know something is really wrong, like a cockroach in your Big Mac. I tried to continue but had to spit it out after a few more chews. I hadn’t taken notice of what that piece looked like before it went in my mouth and afterwards it was too masticated to get any clues. Because the other pieces were so good I’m at a loss to explain what may have occurred other than the possibility it hadn’t been preserved properly.

In conclusion if I was talking about the good pieces then I would highly recommend this jerky. The flavour was good and easy to eat and something I could snack on all day. But those couple of bad pieces turned me off. Maybe it’s a quality control thing, or maybe I just got really unlucky, who knows. I’m sure the No Bull rep will read this so maybe they can take this on board.

Peace out jerky lovers.

*sarcasm.

Last edited:
Recieved a package of 'original' in the mail today, excellent timing for my morning snack :) and I give it a thumbs up, although i'll probably be ordering a spiced version going forward.

The texture is probably midway between 'soft' coles Jerky and Biltong and is chewy without being hard to eat, it could possibly be slightly tougher to be completely ideal, but it's pretty close. The Original flavour is tasty and easy to eat, but as i'm a bit of a spice/chilli hound, i did find it was maybe getting a little boring by the end of the packet. (but YMMV).

This is very good jerky, it's not the best i've ever had, but it's definitely better than anything available at the main stream supermarkets.

Had peri peri sticksa for lunch yesterday.

Perfect amount of chilli - reasonably mild, nice tang, no aftertaste ,could still taste the meat and other flavours over the chilli.

Little bit soft. Nice and tasty.
Will be having one of the other packs (brought ten) for lunch today

Just had the Morrocan Biltong as a pre lunch workout snack.

Nice but a bit bland and to soft. Needs chili/more chilli

Received a delicious and tasty surprise waiting for me on my desk this morning. A little meaty envelope of beef goodness.

The flavour the guys sent me was Moroccan, spicy but mild enough for my weak white taste buds to handle. I prefer my jerky all meat but the orange dust resembling the flavours of an exotic north African land was palatable.

How to describe the jerky itself, it was if an especially delicious cow had been dehydrated, smoked, then cut into small tasty portions. Purely for my enjoyment and review purposes.

My only criticism is that it was a touch too dry. But it's a fine line you dance with jerky cause too moist can be even worse. Kudos to No Bull for finally getting some bull in their range. I will be ordering a packet later today.

I received a sample of Moroccan today as well. As Lex and Fluffy have mentioned, it is pretty mild. I guess that is to be expected from Moroccan seasoning, I would personally be inclined towards more chilli, maybe the Peri Peri.

The beef was good. Cut into solid chunks and very dry but not hard. It was still easy to chew. My sample was only a few pieces but they were very similar and all were good.

This would be a great way to get a bit of protein with very little else.

Got my sample today and as promised it got eaten straight away.

Just read the above reviews, one says too dry another claims too soft, guess you can't please everyone all the time, I thought the texture and level of dehydration was spot on.

The amount of flavour was great, loved it, only had one sample (Lemon Pepper) and I loved it.

Will be placing a rather large order for myself shortly:)

I had the BBQ.
Flavour was good. I do think though most of the flavour was sprinkled on rather than being marinated, that said it still tasted good.
The texture was just about right, not too dry or chewy.
All in all, pretty good.

I had the BBQ.
Flavour was good. I do think though most of the flavour was sprinkled on rather than being marinated, that said it still tasted good.
The texture was just about right, not too dry or chewy.
All in all, pretty good.

When I make my own I have found that marinating flavours doesn't work for me. I sprinkle the flavour on every layer and then pour the marinade over the top. These guys may have found the same problem because the Moroccan was similar, it had the orange dust that Fluffy was talking about.

I have received a sample of "Original" beef jerky from NoBull. It lasted all of 2 minutes as I instantly emptied the whole lot into my mouth. I thought that the beef taste was quite pronounced, with the absence of any other flavouring, not too salty with just a hint of pepperyness. It reminded me of a dehydrated out meat pie.

Bad points: There was quite a bit of gristle in my sample and the jerky texture was too dry for my liking. Maybe I am used to home made jerky that's still a little moist, but I had to floss my teeth right after because most of the meat found its way into the crevices of my teeth.

Fix the gristle, slice them a bit thinner, and I'll be sure to try it again!

Fix the gristle, slice them a bit thinner, and I'll be sure to try it again!

I was thinking the opposite, slice a bit thicker, as it gives you something to chew, if it's sliced thinner it will be even dryer. And you thought it was too dry already!!???!?!

I was thinking the opposite, slice a bit thicker, as it gives you something to chew, if it's sliced thinner it will be even dryer. And you thought it was too dry already!!???!?!

You do have a point there. But digging into that real thick piece that I got felt like I was gnawing on firewood lol. (ie dry and fibrous)