• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
you need to weigh up what things are doing inside your body

would you like to take 1500mg of substance A
or 10mg of substance B

think long and hard about it
if 10mg of something is effective then why would you put 1500mg of something else just to get a SIMILAR result

my instinct says 10mg is a much healthier option and thats why i choose those other options

Less is more!!!

I agree, smaller amounts the better.

Noopept is fantastic in this respect. Phenylpiracetam is good like this too. Even though 300mg is a fair bit.

Never go Choline Biterate, I die after having a gram of this shit, tastes more acidic like rotten eggs. I'll be changing to Alpha GPC asap.

Also on another note.

First try at modafinil today, tried 100mg of Sun Pharma - Modalert.
Really awake and perfect concentration, not over stimulating which was nice.
Managed to get through 4 hours of school work, then smashed out 2 and a half hour session in the gym, followed by working.
Feeling good and not tired! Will be fun trying to get to sleep.

Things are going well again today. Smashed out 4 hours of schoolwork then the gym for an hour and 45. Now heading to the river to go kayaking.
3:56pm, feeling awake and able to concentrate. This stuff is pretty super. No extra anxiety. Using the full tablet instead of half, there isn't much of a difference, for someone who wants value for money, 100mg would be enough most of the time. 200mg for those extra tough days maybe.

Slept like a baby last night as well, 9 hours solid with no issues getting to sleep or staying asleep.

Do you take any thing to help you relax and be able to sleep?

I find nootropics to male my mind race, so need something like melatonin or valerian root to help me wind down.

And about the argument less is more.. I kinda agree with that, although I had the impression piracetam is safe to take and so amounts in grams isn't going to cause any harm as opposed to say milligrams of a poisonous substance.

Do you take any thing to help you relax and be able to sleep?

I find nootropics to male my mind race, so need something like melatonin or valerian root to help me wind down.

And about the argument less is more.. I kinda agree with that, although I had the impression piracetam is safe to take and so amounts in grams isn't going to cause any harm as opposed to say milligrams of a poisonous substance.

I've been taking Melatonin 3mg for almost 3 years now, and it's certainly helped using it with nootropics. I've had no issues getting to sleep.
That being said, I've never taken nootropics after 3pm. Modafinil I take at 7am.

It's clearly stated that with most nootropics the abuse potential is almost 0. Piracetam is considered one of the more base nootropics making it quite safe in large amounts.

Modafinal is a bust, nowhere near as good cognitive function as your garden variety black market stims, don't even rate it compared to your medical stims (Dex & phentermine)

smashing emlike tic tic tacs and getting nothing : (

I found racetam made me feel weird as hell. Think I have a few packets unopened.

Just going to stick to caffeine unless something really wild comes on the market.... need that rush

Modafinal is a bust, nowhere near as good cognitive function as your garden variety black market stims, don't even rate it compared to your medical stims (Dex & phentermine)

smashing emlike tic tic tacs and getting nothing : (

I don't know what you've been taking but it sure ain't modafinil.
Pretty strong mental and physical energy here. Nothing major in the concentration department.

For everyone - Here's a few nootropics for future reference. Planning on giving these a crack when I can. Most of these are mood boosters, euphoria, anti anxiety. Some just for sleep. Noopept should also be on this list. Super dooper concentration is harder to find.

Phenylethylamine
Phenibut
Sunifram
ZMA

I found racetam made me feel weird as hell. Think I have a few packets unopened.

Just going to stick to caffeine unless something really wild comes on the market.... need that rush

Numb elevated feeling? Yeah that happens with a lot of nootropics.
You want something like caffeine? Have a look through here.
Can vouch for powdercity and their products. Nathan runs a tight ship and fantastic customer service.

http://www.powdercity.com/collections/energy

Bit of googling can help you out even more.

Few suggestions:

ALCAR
Amp Citrate (DMAA without carbon skeleton) - regarded to be 'smoother'
L-Tyrosine - household name in preworkouts, tried and tested

Powder city is cheap as hell! How long does shipping take to AU?

I purchased off their ebay store, was about 14 days? Or less?
I'm making my second order soonish.

Postage is about $15?

My next order will include.

Theobromine

Last edited:
be careful with phenibut, its a very long acting gaba type, similar to benzo's.
but has alot of abuse potential with its long half life and rapid tolerance. and proper benzo withdrawals.

does make you groggy the next day because of such a long half life, tried it years ago, still have the leftovers. 25 grams will last you the rest of your life.

be careful with phenibut, its a very long acting gaba type, similar to benzo's.
but has alot of abuse potential with its long half life and rapid tolerance. and proper benzo withdrawals.

does make you groggy the next day because of such a long half life, tried it years ago, still have the leftovers. 25 grams will last you the rest of your life.

Thanks for the advice mate, going to cut that off the list. Anything addictive is bad for me.

Anyways another note for the Nootropics Log.

Modafinil - Noopept combo working well.

7am - 200mg Modafinil, 20mg Noopept
12pm - 20mg Noopept

Tried Modavigil today instead of Modalert. Modavigil is so inferior. It's obviously full of fillers.

Yesterday I did three SACs in a row (fucking aced them all) concentrated as hell. Positive as well.

Today, felt a fair bit flatter physically, but mentally was still pretty good. Took 100mg of caffeine this arvo to keep going last two sessions.
Also hit the gym and did a short legs session.

Keen to keep up the modafinil for exams.

your a teenager and smashing stimulants like there mints. good luck with all your heart issues later in life.

what the fuck is wrong with you that you need all this crap?

your a teenager and smashing stimulants like there mints. good luck with all your heart issues later in life.

what the fuck is wrong with you that you need all this crap?

Haha, I've got some major issues mate. There's no need to go into my personal issues in detail.
But my life has been pretty drug afflicted, I've been on and off Xanax, Beta Blockers, and a bunch of strong anti psychotics for many years.
It's been tough.

But basically, if you've ever taken any of the above you'd know how much it can take out of you.
I prefer any of the side effects I get from nootropics over this stuff.

After starting nootropics, I have begun to cut back on many of these strong drugs - so in essence I'm doing my heart a favour.

I get regular blood, liver and kidney tests.

Not only nootropics, but the sport of body building has actually saved my life.

My recent experiences with Modafinil

Since this thread reawakened my interest. I thought I'd give Modafilil another go, after a brief & disappointing first try back in January (Modafinil).

So, from Saturday 8th Nov to Sunday 15th Nov (inclusive), I've taken half a 200mg pill each day.

I usually take the M around 7am.

Well, it does do something. But not a huge amount. This web-page (Modafinil is Magic in a Bottle) from Bold and Determined, which is one of the main touters of Modafinil, says "... it’s even. It’s steady. It’s like a cup of coffee that lasts the entire day.".

Well, unless you're a Mormon, having a cup of coffee is a fairly familiar and not particularly exciting activity. Still, it's nice to have a cuppa, and it gives you a bit of pep for a while. So does Modafinil.

For me, 100mg of M has an effect lasting about 10 hours. Then, it becomes fairly obvious that it's finished - not a crash, but a fizz, and you're back to normal.

One day last week, when I had a TAFE class until 9pm, and didn't want to run out of steam during it, or during the drive home, I took 50mg at 7am, then the other 50mg at around 11am. I was still pretty awake when I got home after class, and stayed up quite late, and drank a fair bit, before I got to sleep.

The M effect next day only lasted 8 hours.

Summary:
* What it does (for me) - keeps me awaker, feeling a little more energetic, but certainly not buzzing. I do things - which might or might not be particularly productive things.

It does give me a "keep calm and carry on" feeling.

I think it makes me want to eat a bit less.

I get, not quite irritable, but impatient with other people being a bit slow.

*What it doesn't do (for me) - doesn't make me feel high, or mighty, or cruisy, or mellow ...

It doesn't seem to make me smarter or more creative (although I haven't had occasion to do anything particularly brainy during the trial period).
It certainly doesn't make me more organised!

It might have a slight anti-anxiety effect, but that's hard to tell, as I've (at last!) got myself into a fairly nice non-stress-inducing life situation. I might have had a very different reaction to M if I'd discovered it a few years ago.

Anyway, Sunday was a day of rest, then I've been back on M yesterday and today. I still might be able to learn to use this drug to my advantage ...

Will report more in a week or two.

Thanks to this log I'm taking 200mg of Suntheanine in the morning with my coffee, 20mg of Noopept first thing and another 20mg at lunch time.

My concentration is a lot better, anxiety is lessened and ability to pump out work is great. Started work early today, smashed the gym now doing another two hours tonight to get things done.

All while preparing for a bodybuilding comp next March, so my calories are fairly low and physical energy low as well, but feeling mentally sharp which is great!

Thanks for the contributions guys.
Modafinil review is fantastic, it does provide nice energy. I do agree the level of concentration is not much.

Also Myst, what is this Suntheanine? Branded L-Thenanine?

I tried sepherine yesterday afternoon, very good energy. Stronger than Modafinil in my eyes.
Made me very talkative and social as well.

Thanks
Daniel

Modafinil won't provide energy, that's your mind playing tricks on you, it simply reduces the signal/noise ratio in the brain. And it will quickly fall off in potency with regular use, keep use 4 days apart and don't RELY on it, fucked with my head when i used it when i wasn't 100% and used it to bring myself back up to 100%.

I've spent 17 hours without moving on various mod drugs and they do work, but only if you're 100%, in my opinion and experience.

If you're going to try shit like this go with ritalin/dexamphetamine and have some valium on hand for nasty comedowns if you're susceptible.