• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Official 2011 Body Transformation Contest Thread

I'm in for the whole 12 months of the year, lifelong.

Sure people can make massive transformations in 3 months, and 6 months, but why are they doing this?

In my opinion, the best gains are the long slow gains, or losses, that tend to be more permanent.
Rapid body fluctuations just don't seem to last, in my opinion.
Slow and steady is best.

3 month transformations are really only good for those new to training, or those coming back to training from a lay off, or those cutting from a bulk.

I was thinking more along the lines of mandatory check ins to help stop forgetting the contest. Not so much 3m contests. Helps keep everyone in and helps with unbiased progress reports.

I was thinking more along the lines of mandatory check ins to help stop forgetting the contest. Not so much 3m contests. Helps keep everyone in and helps with unbiased progress reports.

this .. not contests...that will just get too confusing...everyone puts in a pic late december early january...then updates in April...July... October... January.. that way people (me in particular) will be less inclined to slack off as i will need to show my progression every 3 months...

after one year we all put in final pics/ measurements etc and vote on who progressed best

this .. not contests...that will just get too confusing...everyone puts in a pic late december early january...then updates in April...July... October... January.. that way people (me in particular) will be less inclined to slack off as i will need to show my progression every 3 months...

after one year we all put in final pics/ measurements etc and vote on who progressed best

I like it, keep it simple.

If we are able to rustle up a prize sweet but lookin' like a champ will be the main prize and everyones a winner lol.

Agreed :)

Ok peeps, its show time. Pics should be up in the next couple of weeks for this contest I reckon.

And it is probably about time to open up the 2012 contest, say pics need to be in my end of December? I think everyone should get their pics in within about a week of eachother, I don't think a staggered start will work as well.

2012 pics should be up at halfway through January. Late December will be to busy for me.

May as well post up my results, not super happy. I've been living off peanuts for 10 months travelling around Europe. This year coming will be great though.
33464009.jpg

untitldffed2.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have some pics in a few weeks too.
Booked in for a DEXA on 21st December, so will take pics then.
Now to somehow get rid of 2 or 3% fat by then, any secrets?

I'll have some pics in a few weeks too.
Booked in for a DEXA on 21st December, so will take pics then.
Now to somehow get rid of 2 or 3% fat by then, any secrets?

Coincidentally, I am booked in for a DEXA on the exact same day.

I will probably take my pics the previous week though (ie next week), the pictures I take with my DEXA scan will be my starting pics for the 2012 transformation, as well as the starting pics for my test booster trial.

Lipo?

Pist,

Why can't your final pics for the current transformation be the starting pics for the new challenge?

You don't want to "manipulate" your starting and ending image do you? ;)

Honestly though, I think this will give the best indication of progress, to always try to look your best and consistent in pics.
If you try to make your before pic look good, you'll just have to try harder to make it look bad with a later pic.

Pist,

Why can't your final pics for the current transformation be the starting pics for the new challenge?

You don't want to "manipulate" your starting and ending image do you? ;)

Honestly though, I think this will give the best indication of progress, to always try to look your best and consistent in pics.
If you try to make your before pic look good, you'll just have to try harder to make it look bad with a later pic.

Haha, no, thats not it all.

I don't know, I guess I could? Its more that I think that my physique may change, possibly quite a bit, over that one week as the sudden increase in calories may result in some water retention, or a bit of rebound weight. So I just want a more accurate reflection of where I start.

Plus its always a psychological thing for me. The day I take 'before' pics is the day I start. But psychologically, the week after next will be an off week before starting the test booster trial, the new diet, and the new cycle of PPP

Realistically, I will still be dieting that week, but mentally the focus won't be there yet.

Besides, you guys will see both sets of pictures anyway, so you would be able to tell if i was deliberately taking 'bad' photos :)

ok so when does this thing start? When are we allowed to start submitting our before pictures?

Pistachio, start a thread so entrants can post pics..and for God's sake set out some rules son..hop to it..don't make me mad. :p:D

Pistachio, start a thread so entrants can post pics..and for God's sake set out some rules son..hop to it..don't make me mad. :p:D

Will do, you gonna participate? The more the better, I don't want the 2012 one to fizzle out like the 2011 one did.