• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Official 2011 Body Transformation Contest Thread

Haha, alright, I'll do it tonight if I get time, or tomorrow.

Should probably start a new thread in the coming weeks for the results of the 2011 comp, this thread has gone considerably off topic and is more about the 2012 comp now.

Say "2011 Official comp results" and post up your before pics and your after pics. Everyone has up until Christmas to post up pics.

Haha, alright, I'll do it tonight if I get time, or tomorrow.

Should probably start a new thread in the coming weeks for the results of the 2011 comp, this thread has gone considerably off topic and is more about the 2012 comp now.

Say "2011 Official comp results" and post up your before pics and your after pics. Everyone has up until Christmas to post up pics.

till christmas to post up 2011 or 2012 pics?

Coincidentally, I am booked in for a DEXA on the exact same day.

I will probably take my pics the previous week though (ie next week), the pictures I take with my DEXA scan will be my starting pics for the 2012 transformation, as well as the starting pics for my test booster trial.

Lipo?

Where are you getting it? How much? Did you need a referral?

Photo's taken Monday 27th December, 2010 (Just before New Year).
(Left column)

Height: 6ft - 183cm
Weight - 77.5kg - 170lbs
Body Fat - 14.5%

DSCF0577.jpg
Front21-12-2011-1.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg
Back21-12-2011-1.jpg

DSCF0585.jpg
Side21-12-2011-1.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg
FrontdoubleBiceps21-12-2011-1.jpg

New updated pics taken today are on the right side column.
Got DEXA'd today - 10.9% fat, which was a bit lower than I expected, considering I was 14.5% in the before pics.
I'm 81kg in the after pics, so put on 3.5kg of mass during the year.
The sizing of the new pics is a bit bigger, so naturally makes me look bigger than the before pics, I'm not good with resizing pics.

Wait, are we allowed to used different lighting for these photos??

In that case....

mm comp.JPG

Seriously tho, we should ensure next year that ALL BEFORE AND AFTERS ARE TAKEN IN IDENTICAL CONDITIONS. If they are not taken in identical conditions, they should be deemed unsuitable for judging purposes.

Yes, must be similar conditions for the 2012 challenge.
There was not much interest in the 2011 challenge, so I did not try hard to match the pics.
My pics for end of 2011 are actually my 2012 starting pics, that's why I didn't try to replicate the conditions.

Cool, just wanted to make sure that was clear. I was going to use my end pics as my starting pics, but they didn't match the criteria (full body pics) and also the lighting in that room is horrible, doesn't really show changes very well.

Good progress by the way, you are looking damn lean. I'm surprised I came in lower than you on the DEXA

Thanks.
Your arms are looking really good....
You got alot more muscle mass than me, so that would be why your body fat % is lower.
Well done on your cut,

Thanks mate, I'm certainly a lot happier than I was at the beginning of the year.

I definitely look bigger leaner, not sure how much LBM I gained during the year, but it would probably be no more than about 3kgs.

Well, when you lose as much fat as you did in the year, it would be difficult to gain muscle too.

I was on a calorie deficit for about half the year, took me that long to get my body fat down while trying to keep as much muscle as possible, and I didn't have fat to begin with.

I'm planning on staying in the lower body fat range for the long term future, haven't been this low fat in almost 20 years.

Well, when you lose as much fat as you did in the year, it would be difficult to gain muscle too.

I was on a calorie deficit for about half the year, took me that long to get my body fat down while trying to keep as much muscle as possible, and I didn't have fat to begin with.

I'm planning on staying in the lower body fat range for the long term future, haven't been this low fat in almost 20 years.

Yeah I know, I gained hard in the first 4 months of the year tho, went from 98 to 106kgs. But definitely gained a bit of fat there, and definitely lost a bit of muscle when I cut down to 90kgs.

Still, if I was say 20% when I was 98, that means I would have gained about 2.5kgs overall over the year. And looking at how lean I am now compared to then, I think 20% would have been pretty close.

Yeah same man, I'm not going to get that fat again (took about 23 weeks for me to lean down). Staying nice and lean all year is the goal for me too. You look better and you feel healthier. I'm curious as to what you would look like at say 5% if you are around 10% now tho - you already look lean as hell!

The best thing about staying lean and going for slow gains (for me anyway), is not having to eat massive calories to bulk fast.

I really don't like eating (lazy eater), so keeping calories as low as possible to grow slowly and not feeling tired and lethargic from overeating makes you feel alot better.

I reckon if you can gain 3kg's of lbm per year you are on the rite track

I'm hoping for a bit more than that this year, given I am starting off lean (don't need to waste half the year cutting) and I'll have my diet in check for the first time. But after next year, I'd be thrilled to gain anything more than a couple of kilos LBM per year.

The best thing about staying lean and going for slow gains (for me anyway), is not having to eat massive calories to bulk fast.

I really don't like eating (lazy eater), so keeping calories as low as possible to grow slowly and not feeling tired and lethargic from overeating makes you feel alot better.

Lol, that's the part I miss. I have a fairly ravenous appetite, could knock off several thousand calories in one meal if given the chance.

How many calories are you having per day? I'm eating 3500 and finding I'm still quite hungry. And it's all clean food too!!

How many calories are you having per day? I'm eating 3500 and finding I'm still quite hungry. And it's all clean food too!!

I've been on around 2300 calories for quite a while now.
And that includes about 500 calories from WPC in water, so I don't really eat much.