• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

OHP from rack vs clean from floor

I was hoping you'd get the double joke I made with the wikipedia references :(

Just pointing out an observation Oni
I have a hard time believing/agreeing/respecting a person who seems to be at odds with what he subscribes to.
Another example is Ripptoe, who himself doesn't seem to have benefitted from his own teaching.

Just pointing out an observation Oni
I have a hard time believing/agreeing/respecting a person who seems to be at odds with what he subscribes to.
Another example is Ripptoe, who himself doesn't seem to have benefitted from his own teaching.

Rip always says he was a shit powerlifter. I think his best lifts were a 660lb deadlift, around 400lb bench not sure what his squat was.

Why dont you try it yourself and get your own opinion instead of jacking off online discussing that something cant possibly be true based on who said it

Im full of shit for posting what strength coaches recommend?
Lol

Darkoz, its not ironic at all considering that i use these techniques myself

Last edited:
lol another classic ausbb thread.

1. Someone asks question

2. 0ni gives good answer

3. Everyone disagrees with 0ni

4. 0ni backs up answer with good references

5. Resort to "I'm more massive than 0ni therefore I must be right" argument

I think some of you need to read the relevant literature rather than disagree for the sake of it.

Last edited:
lol another classic ausbb thread.

1. Someone asks question

2. 0ni gives good answer

3. Everyone disagrees with 0ni

4. 0ni backs up answer with good references

5. Resort to "I'm more massive than 0ni therefore I must be right" argument

I think some of you need to read the relevant literature than than disagree for the sake of it.

So when you press you start with the bar floating in mid air above your chest.

Maybe you need to forget about the relevant literature and put some heavy shit overhead.

I guarantee I don't.

Funny aye with nearly a decade of working out and been a gym rat I don't think I've ever seen anyone press like that. But it must be right baz oni read it in a book.

I do (sort of)

It's suspended by slings but still counts as floating right?

Your working around your busted wing right? Just out of curiosty are you just using regular truck type ratchet straps on your cage?

Yeah, collarbone still has a chunk missing lol. It feels like it's starting to calcify(sp?) over though it could just be my imagination lol.

I'm trying to post some photos of my power rack but my iPhone shat itself so I'm waiting for it to restore. Will get some up when it's finished, but yeah, just 4x4 slings I bought from BCF I think

Yeah, collarbone still has a chunk missing lol. It feels like it's starting to calcify(sp?) over though it could just be my imagination lol.

I'm trying to post some photos of my power rack but my iPhone shat itself so I'm waiting for it to restore. Will get some up when it's finished, but yeah, just 4x4 slings I bought from BCF I think

Why slings over pins?

I figured it'd be better for the bar, and a bit safer as the bar will always be at the lowest point in the one position eg if you fail forwards the slings will catch you before you hit the uprights of the rack.

That and it's much easier for ohp press, suspending good mornings and squat partials as the bar doesn't slide on the pins

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khZkoyruuxc]Lodaing the biceps on pressing - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpM4sYTz-RQ]Standing Press 225 x 10 again - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae0Ya0s5pR4]Jim Wendler - Military Press 225x11 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxXWLI5AjLY]Jim Wendler, Military Press - 240x6 - YouTube[/ame]

Hope you get better soon Graeme
BTW the "face the palms together" cue you gave for my bench has really been working well

by the lift, bang, run guy do you mean the one who looks like he's hiding in Iraq from the Americans lol?

i used to get sore shoulders from overhead press if I went all the way down to the collarbone, now I just pull down with my lats and keep my forearms vertical and no issues (this gets me to about chin height)

by the lift, bang, run guy do you mean the one who looks like he's hiding in Iraq from the Americans lol?

i used to get sore shoulders from overhead press if I went all the way down to the collarbone, now I just pull down with my lats and keep my forearms vertical and no issues (this gets me to about chin height)

Haha. Yep that's the one. Thought the same thing when I first saw one of his vids. Lift bang run is his blog.