• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you vote for One Nation?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
It took a couple of billion years to accumulate enough oxygen in the atmosphere to sustain life, is 150 years long enough to do much of anything, just thinking out loud.

It took a couple of billion years to accumulate enough oxygen in the atmosphere to sustain life, is 150 years long enough to do much of anything, just thinking out loud.

Yes. Billions of people pumping out CO2 in their day to day lives do it easy. The very sharp rise in co2 levels only the last 50 or so years shows this. Mick will come on here and say that there is evidence levels were higher previously. NASA says this is the highest for over 400,000 years and nothing has shown close to the sharp and continuing rise we see now. We are pumping heaps of CO2 out so its no suprise where it comes from.

Human activities now move more material of the earth each year than all natural geological processes combined. We landscape the earth more than nature can.

Just putting it out there as I think it's good to question what we're told and use our own noggin to make an informed opinion.
The majority did at one time think that the earth was flat and NASA wasn't sure if there'd be dozens of feet of dust on the moon's surface until they landed a probe to find out.

Haven't you heard? It's all a scam by NASA and the world's leading banking 'families'...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...a/news-story/d9b66d7c3bf840babb878ac5e5e26639

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/c...-with-q&a-climate-claims-20160815-gqt9a4.html

TMuiJgS.jpg

Just putting it out there as I think it's good to question what we're told and use our own noggin to make an informed opinion.
The majority did at one time think that the earth was flat and NASA wasn't sure if there'd be dozens of feet of dust on the moon's surface until they landed a probe to find out.

So some people believing the world was flat thousands of years ago is an argument for the consensus on man made climate change being wrong? No scientist is claiming science is always right but it is self correcting. The consensus is determined by the evidence and the evidence is very strongly pointing towards man made climate change. There is a process for climate change to occur and we are influencing it. It all lines up very good as far as scientific theories go.

problem is no one here as far as I know is educated enough on the topic to have their own opinion on climate change. Do you have your own opinion on different techniques in brain surgery or engine manufacturing methods in formula 1 racing. For some reason people believe that their gut feel is as viable an opinion as the experts on this topic.

Mick, you scoff at a 2.5 degree rise in average temp, but we're not talking about the difference between it being 25 on Monday and 27.5 on Tuesday. A 2.5 degree rise in average global temperature above the norm has massive effects.

Mick, you scoff at a 2.5 degree rise in average temp, but we're not talking about the difference between it being 25 on Monday and 27.5 on Tuesday. A 2.5 degree rise in average global temperature above the norm has massive effects.

The ammount of extra energy in the system required to lift the average temp a degree is absolutely massive.

not to mention they think that the oceans are absorbing a lot of the carbon dioxide and heat making our increases seem smaller than what they actually are.

I heard they need minimum 17 years of data to observe global warming. It shits me so much when we have a cold day and someone says "so much for their global warming"

We do love you Mickey :)

But Barry is handing Mickey and Darkoz an arse whippin in this thread!

So some people believing the world was flat thousands of years ago is an argument for the consensus on man made climate change being wrong? .........
Come on Barry, that's not what I said and I suspect that you knew that because I don't believe you're that silly

problem is no one here as far as I know is educated enough on the topic to have their own opinion on climate change.........
Barry, my dear man, surely you don't believe that, are you an exercise physiologist, a nutritionist, sports scientist? no? then you have no business being here.

You only need to go to the tip to see how much of a negative effect we are having, the waste that we produce is mental.

Come on Barry, that's not what I said and I suspect that you knew that because I don't believe you're that silly

Barry, my dear man, surely you don't believe that, are you an exercise physiologist, a nutritionist, sports scientist? no? then you have no business being here.

dont get me started on exercise scientists, you know, the funny thing is I've never seen a PT older than 40 in a mainstream gym.

What we don't do enough of is listen to "grumpy" older people.

Unfortunately, a lot of mouth breathers think that way.

You are right. Even a .5C change in sea temperatures would kill off most of the coral in the tropical oceans, and kelp forests in temperate oceans.

Some interesting stats re heat and rain records in oz: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/extreme/records.shtml