• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Supplements (protein n more) protein test results

For those that have backed up their testing kit results with a lab test, will find that a distinctive orange colour matches a lab test result in the region of 30-40% protein.

Just a question BN... And be honest here. In case you haven't noticed - we all appreciate honesty :

Doesn't it make you just a little glad that 'no' bull are coming under fire now? ;)

... I mean, on a scale of 1-10 ; just how happy are you kunce right now?

1 being - yeah, it's ok... could be better... got a free coffee at work today kinda good (no free coffee here aye kunce? @Shrek;)

or;

10 being - Just got a big ass kick-back from the tax return... Not the 'going to get some new trainers' type pay-back, but the 'Shit... families going to holiday in France' kind of kick-back :

For those that have backed up their testing kit results with a lab test, will find that a distinctive orange colour matches a lab test result in the region of 30-40% protein.

So what is the rest of the filler made up of?
Any guess to the macros per 100g ?

Can't win here, Protein N More and No Bull are the only protein I have used in the last couple of years, no wonder I have not grown any muscle....

1 being - yeah, it's ok... could be better... got a free coffee at work today kinda good (no free coffee here aye kunce? @Shrek;)
I ordered you a coffee. didn't you get it?

How about some protein powder instead. :D

I reckon they did something like this in the BN Gym at the factory.

[YOUTUBE]vqWx5hlHMgc[/YOUTUBE]

The way they operate, promoting armwrestling, involing themselves with all strength sports, destroying their competitors and just dominating the industry is unsettling and makes me wonder about the sort of mind behind it all.....

But purely from a business point of view, if it was my business, this is exactly what i would want to be doing as well, it is called expansion, and i would crush anyone who tried to go against me all in the name of profit and keeping the business profitable.

This also has the benefit of helping and aiding the rest of supp industry and supporters that this has been bought to the surface so people arent ripped off and are getting what they are paying for.

I am waiting on a test kit this week to test their Chocolate WPI from a delivery I received in April. I sure hope it doesn't turn out like the above. I have been doing CBL for over a month and have been relying on the shakes to pop up my protein. Not to mention all the money I may have wasted with them over a year.

Which is consistent with the label of 80% right?

Just how dosed does a sample have to be to change colour? Can an 80% protein sample still go orange? If so you still get what youre paying for.

Mate orange colour = Powdered milk or very high carb content.

Unless your protein is a bulking mix with added carbs the test kit should be black.

It's all explained here:

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/assets/pdf/The-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly_Protein-Testing-Kit.pdf

If you don't believe BN just google it and plenty of info comes up, you can even buy your own test kits online from chemical supply companies.

But the reagant your using is not quantitative...... Assumibg youre using benedicts reagant yes?

I am quite certain the four colours only indicate reducing sugars between 0 and 2%. And they are an indication at best.

But the reagant your using is not quantitative...... Assumibg youre using benedicts reagant yes?

I am quite certain the four colours only indicate reducing sugars between 0 and 2%. And they are an indication at best.

I linked a post in another thread that shows the reagent test as well as an official laboratory result from the same bag of protein... Link might be removed due to no rival forum linking, but if you search the other bodybuilding forums in AUS you will find it.

Last edited:
so like Big Mick ive been doing some tests on a batch of protein this time from Power Supplements also known as Protein 'n' More. The tests were run on 3 batches of flavoured WPC purchased almost a year ago now and amounts were 1g of protein powder measured on digital scales

Please excuse the poor quality photos from my iphone but if anyone disputes the results im more than happy to redo them with better quality photos/video.

I have emailed the company in question but have not yet received a response. I also am not associated with any protein supplier or producer, im just another consumer who had a hunch his protein wasnt what it claimed to be.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dar79/media/IMG_1590.jpg.html
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dar79/media/IMG_1591.jpg.html
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dar79/media/IMG_1592.jpg.html
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dar79/media/IMG_1594.jpg.html

Have you had a response yet?

I also bought 5kg of WPC a few months ago and still have most of it.
Might get it lab tested along with my early 2012 NW WPI.

What's the chances of Protein N More giving refunds?

Did my tests today.

Tested 2 WPC products and 1 Casein product.

Strawberry WPC - ORANGE
Banana WPC - Purple
Vanilla Casein - ORANGE

In the picture from left to right are Strawberry WPC, Banana WPC, Vanilla CASEIN.

None of my WPC bags had batch numbers on them, and my casein has been in a container since I bought it.

WPC's purchased on 2/12/2012
Casein purchased on 5/09/2012

EDIT: for what it's worth, the strawberry ALWAYS clumped BAD, and the casein always felt funny in the back of my throat. Always thought it was the sweetener, but no other protein does the same thing.... Not sure ?

Attachments

• IMG_3755.jpg
    IMG_3755.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3756.jpg
    IMG_3756.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3757.jpg
    IMG_3757.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Have you had a response yet?

I also bought 5kg of WPC a few months ago and still have most of it.
Might get it lab tested along with my early 2012 NW WPI.

What's the chances of Protein N More giving refunds?

I have received a reply and they are looking into the situation. I have been offered a refund which i have declined until further information about the situation comes to light.

I would highly advise that anyone with protein from these guys have it tested and email the test results through to them.

It's not quantitative but it's pretty clear that the clear orange colour indicates the presence of far more sugars than is acceptable considering the claims of protein content on these products.

I did that really rough test in the other thread if anyone wants to get an idea of colour changes, or at least compare it to the milk powder test in there. Still not quantitative but food for thought.

Last edited:
I have received a reply and they are looking into the situation. I have been offered a refund which i have declined until further information about the situation comes to light.

I would highly advise that anyone with protein from these guys have it tested and email the test results through to them.

Do you not want a refund?

Will they only refund with test results provided?